What's new

Malaysia considering to purchase JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan: Malaysian HC

Lol fake stats IAF lost only 20 fighter jets in 36 months(3 years).
BTW in 2015 PAF lost 4 fighter jets and two trainers to crashes whereas IAF lost only 6 fighter jets and 1 trainer despite being much larger than PAF.

Half of your fleet is grounded most of the time. And PAF clocks alot more hours per aircraft then IAF.

how much would it cost to fly and maintain the JF-17 compared to let's say Su-30MK2

JF-17 Thunder is now a proven 4th Generation Lightweight Multi Role Combat Aircraft. Its market is huge due to its specifications. Heavy and expensive jets cannot be inducted in large numbers. But such economies can bear to induct JF-17 in huge numbers. Even small economies can induct JF-17 in large numbers by ordering it in small batches.

Its next block will consist of all modern high tech features which any over 80-100 million $ jet can offer. In 30-40 billion $ with support of both Chinese and Russian powerpacks, it is a suitable option for all kind of customers.

Single engine maintenance compare to 2 engines, what do you think?

do you got no numbers?? It's pretty obvious the Su-30MK2 would cost more, but I wanna know how much more.

you got poor countries like Uganda buying them :coffee:

Uganda_People's_Defence_Force_Air_Wing_Sukhoi_Su-30MK2_MTI-2.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A top Malaysian official in Pakistan indicated on Sunday that his country is mulling options to buy Joint Fighter-17 (JF-17) Thunder multi-role fighters from Islamabad.

“This [JF-17] jet fighter is considered an excellent production of Pakistan in the defence sector and decision about the number [of purchases] would be taken very soon by the Malaysian government,” High Commissioner of Malaysia to Pakistan Dato Dr Hasrul Sani bin Mujtabar said in a media interview.

‘JF-17 thunder fighter has capability to compete with any modern fighter jet’

2b.jpg

Pakistan and Malaysia, he said, are enjoying excellent relations in the defence sector as a result of Joint Committee on Defence of both the countries which play role as an active forum.

Focusing on the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project, he said Pakistan is a blessed country with an important strategic position and it should take maximum advantage from this position for the development of the country and betterment of the nation through economic revolution.

“We are happy over the announcement of CPEC with a total volume of investment more than $40 billion and this project will attract multibillion dollars further investment to Pakistan as it is being considered one of the biggest indicators for the better economic future of Pakistan,” Dr Hasrul Sani added.

India concerned after Pakistan’s JF-17 export order

He went on to say that CPEC will change the entire economy of Pakistan and it will be a huge project which will open many windows of development in the country. “It is not only beneficial to Pakistan and China but also for the entire region.”

Talking about Pakistan as a trade partner, the high commissioner said: “Pakistan is one of the largest trade partners of Malaysia with a total trade volume of more than $2 billion and that could be enhanced further in the times to come.”

Malaysia mulls options to buy JF-17 Thunder - The Express Tribune

nothing surprising Malaysia have 19 hawk as light attack trainer role and 18 F-5 for light attack reconnaissance role which can easily replace by upcoming duel sit version of JF-17 .I see potential of at least 30+ fighter in different configuration .

do you got no numbers?? It's pretty obvious the Su-30MK2 would cost more, but I wanna know how much more.

you got poor countries like Uganda buying them :coffee:

Uganda_People's_Defence_Force_Air_Wing_Sukhoi_Su-30MK2_MTI-2.jpg

That's why Uganda continue to be poor becos they buy things too expensive to maintain.

That's why Uganda continue to be poor becos they buy things too expensive to maintain.

they have 8 Su-30MK2. good estimate is that 4 or 5 can fly at any moment. the pilots probably get half or even less the amount of flying time as a richer nation operating these jets.

they could probably buy two dozen JF-17s and get proper flying time in them without breaking the bank

they really don't even need fighter jets. textron land scorpion could be just as effective

Textron-AirLand-Scorpion-Jet-1.jpg

Numbers I believe.....soon Indonesia will, inshaAllah, get around 33 (24 block 52) F 16, 16 Su 27/30, 16 Su 35, and upgrade their 15 T50i to be real fighter, 24 Hawk 200

While Malaysia currently has 8 F 18, 18 Su 30 Mki, 8 Mig 29, 15 Hawk 200

We have dispute in Ambalat block in which our F 16 guard our claim. More Indonesian fighters will also put close to Malaysia in the future at Natuna island, in which from Indonesian perspective it is due to SCS tension (more about China factor), but maybe Malaysia get pressure as well

I am guessing Malaysia too was bit by sanctions i.e OEM not providing due support in good time
and to counter such a situation Malaysia maybe looking to cut loose.

My Dream : Malaysia has huge experience in electronics integration and large scale production lines. My dream is that Malaysia joins the production team and everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
they have 8 Su-30MK2. good estimate is that 4 or 5 can fly at any moment. the pilots probably get half or even less the amount of flying time as a richer nation operating these jets.

they could probably buy two dozen JF-17s and get proper flying time in them without breaking the bank

they really don't even need fighter jets. textron land scorpion could be just as effective

Textron-AirLand-Scorpion-Jet-1.jpg

This thing cant do aerial interception or dogfight. By getting JF-17, she can carry out ground attack, interception and dogfight. Rather than buying a specialized aircraft which you need another platform to do another task. Especially for a limited budget armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom