will be larger, able to carry more fuel and
weapons payload carry more powerful GE-F414-
INS6 engines and technologically will be more
advanced. Tejas MK-2 was born when Indian navy wanted
a carrier fighter aircraft based on Tejas MK-1 air
force variant, Navy wanted more powerful
engines to care out carrier take off, Navy also
wanted changes in Airframe for carrier role, and
IAF sensing an opportunity that a new and better variant of Tejas can be developed based on
Indian navy requirements, was quick to grab this
opportunity and pressed for development of
new variant, even when Tejas MK-1 was able to
fulfil ASR of IAF. Tejas MK-2 will have improved avionics, Upgrade
of Flight Control Computers, in flight refuelling
retractable probe, On board oxygen generation
system and a new Electronic Warfare Suite , to
avoid delays to the program , Earlier Tejas
Prototype ( PV-1) has been assigned with the MK-2 program and will act has the test bed for
MK-2 program. MK-2 will also get new improved pilot friendly all
glass cockpits which will have larger and better
screens to reduce pilot fatigue; India has already
placed orders with General Electric (GE) for 99
F414-GE-INS6 engines which will produce more
thrust than previous F404 engines which power Tejas MK-1. F414-GE-INS6 engines feature a Full
Authority Digital Electronic Control (FADEC)
system. Development of AESA radar has already begun
but will be integrated with Tejas MK-2 when it is
fully certified; leading to speculate that first Block
of MK-2 will come with current MMR radar which
is already integrated in Tejas MK-1.

idrw.org/?p=21468

Where is the design change such as arrow delta wings, dropdown nose, 20 inch increase in length, More internal fuel etc.

Have you took the role of @jarves in digging old threads ..... o_O

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!

Lca ke bare main serch karte hue yeh thread mila to main Apne aap ko rok nahi paya. I am banned in LCA news and discussion forum just for comparing LCA and JF 17 on an another forum. I would have posted it there otherwise. I argued against Oscar and you know the result. i was banned on 4 thread just for saying that LCA is more potent than JF 17. I avoid posting any comment on pakistan related news.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!

Lca ke bare main serch karte hue yeh thread mila to main Apne aap ko rok nahi paya. I am banned in LCA news and discussion forum just for comparing LCA and JF 17 on an another forum. I would have posted it there otherwise. I argued against Oscar and you know the result. i was banned on 4 thread just for saying that LCA is more potent than JF 17. I avoid posting any comment on pakistan related news.
LCA mk1 is a joke.
Comparing with LCA MK1 is affront to JF17.
I remember that the last contrast object was J-10.:rofl:
Let's wait for LCA mk2.

Last edited:
LCA mk1 is a joke.
Comparing with LCA MK1 is affront to JF17.
I remember that the last contrast object was J-10.:rofl:
Let's wait for LCA mk2.

1. Thrust with Afterburner = Jf-17 84.4 Kn | Tejas Mk-I 85 Kn

2. G-limit = Jf-17 +8g to -3.5g | Tejas Mk-I +8g to -3.5 g

3. Dry Thrust Jf-17 49.4 Kn Loaded | Tejas Mk-I 53.9 Kn Loaded

4. Weight Jf-17 9,100kg | Tejas Mk-I 9,500 kg

5. Hardpoints Jf-17 7 | Tejas Mk-I 8

6. Weapon load Jf-17 2514kg | Tejas Mk-I 3000kg

So Tejas has moderate edge in Physical performance front and is a wholly different project as far as technology is concerned. Its airframe, made of advanced carbon fibre composites, is light years ahead of the Jf-17 Thunder's all-metal airframe. The same goes for the Tejas' aerodynamics which, because of the compound delta-wing, extensive wing-body blending, and low wing loading are superior to those of the Thunder, which has a more conventional layout along the lines of the F-16 and a rejected Soviet light fighter design. As far as flight dynamics and control go, the Tejas, with its relaxed static stability and quadruplex, full authority fly-by-wire digital flight control system, is far more advanced than the Thunder, which still features conventional controls (fly-by-wire exists only for pitch control). Now decide yourself.

Last edited:

2. G-limit = Jf-17 +8.5 g | Tejas Mk-I +9g to -3.5 g

4. Weight Jf-17 9,100kg | Tejas Mk-I 10,500 kg

6. Max Weapon loadout Jf-17 3629 kg | Tejas Mk-I 4000 kg

So Tejas has moderate edge in Physical performance front and is a wholly different project as far as technology is concerned. Its airframe, made of advanced carbon fibre composites, is light years ahead of the Jf-17 Thunder's all-metal airframe. The same goes for the Tejas' aerodynamics which, because of the compound delta-wing, extensive wing-body blending, and low wing loading are superior to those of the Thunder, which has a more conventional layout along the lines of the F-16 and a rejected Soviet light fighter design. As far as flight dynamics and control go, the Tejas, with its relaxed static stability and quadruplex, full authority fly-by-wire digital flight control system, is far more advanced than the Thunder, which still features conventional controls (fly-by-wire exists only for pitch control). Now decide yourself.
Tejas Mk-I +9g to -3.5 g?:rofl:
LCA Tejas - Specifications: Leading Particulars and Performance
Tejas Mk-I 8 Hardpoints?:nono: one of them only can load LDP or RECCE

LCA Tejas - Specifications: Weapons

Tejas Mk-I 4000 kg?
I dont think 371kg are useful.

advanced carbon fibre composites?
LCA as a smaller fighter but weight same as JF-17,I dont think that it can be called advanced.

aerodynamics?extensive wing-body blending?
Plz tell me which fighter maneuverability is better?

full authority fly-by-wire digital flight control system?
P-8 own full authority fly-by-wire digital flight control system,but it can't win JF-17.

1. Ferry range = Jf-17 3,482 km | Tejas Mk-I 3,000 km

2. Service Ceiling= Jf-17 16,920 m | Tejas Mk-I 15,000 m

3. Unit cost Jf-17 US$15 million (in fact less than US$ 10 million for PAK)| Tejas Mk-I US$26 million

4. Program cost Jf-17 US$ 500 million| Tejas Mk-I US$ 1.2 billion

5. maneuverability Jf-17 >> Tejas Mk-I

6. In service Jf-17 49 | Tejas Mk-I 8

Last edited:
Reactions: EAK

JF-17 has DSI. Tejas still has old technology air intakes that don't look as good. :yes4:

jf-17_thunder_dsi_intake_01.jpg

Hindustan_LCA_Tejas_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

2. G-limit = Jf-17 +8.5 g | Tejas Mk-I +9g to -3.5 g

4. Weight Jf-17 9,100kg | Tejas Mk-I 10,500 kg

6. Max Weapon loadout Jf-17 3629 kg | Tejas Mk-I 4000 kg

FAKE STATS...

Tejas Mk-I +9g to -3.5 g?:rofl:
LCA Tejas - Specifications: Leading Particulars and Performance
Agreed, Correction here: G-limit = JF 17 +8g to -3g | Tejas +8g to -3.5g

Tejas Mk-I 8 Hardpoints?:nono: one of them only can load LDP or RECCE
LCA Tejas - Specifications: Weapons
Well it still counts, doesn't it?

Tejas Mk-I 4000 kg?
I dont think 371kg are useful.
what are you trying to say here, didn't get.

LCA as a smaller fighter but weight same as JF-17,I dont think that it can be called advanced.
The difference still counts and it is (14520-14300) = 220lb

P-8 own full authority fly-by-wire digital flight control system,but it can't win JF-17.
You are comparing a fighter jet with a reconnaissance aircraft which is huge and with massive weight. Compare Tejas & P-8's specs and then check how much difference the Full Authority fly-by-wire digital FCS will make.

1. Ferry range = Jf-17 3,482 km | Tejas Mk-I 3,000 km

2. Service Ceiling= Jf-17 16,920 m | Tejas Mk-I 15,000 m
Agreed.

3. Unit cost Jf-17 US$15 million (in fact less than US$ 10 million for PAK)| Tejas Mk-I US$26 million

Because of all delays and cancellations, the cost have escalated, which i believe in future will reduce by increasing efficiency, this is just the beginning.

4. Program cost Jf-17 US$ 500 million| Tejas Mk-I US$ 1.2 billion
The project was as i said delayed which caused price increase. But the next variant the mk-II would be worth every penny.

5. maneuverability Jf-17 >> Tejas Mk-I
The light weight and aerodynamics tells vice versa i.e. maneuverability Tejas Mk-I >> Jf-17.

6. In service Jf-17 49 | Tejas Mk-I 8
This doesn't matter either in specs or efficiency.

And i guess we should stop it here now. As this is off topic and take it forward to it's respective thread.

FAKE STATS...
Corrections have been made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom