What's new

Majority Pakistanis (65%) oppose airing of Indian content on

What is your view on Indian content in Pakistan?

• We should allow it without restriction

• No Indian content should be allowed

• We should allow Indian content only if India does same and allow us to air our content

Results are only viewable after voting.
Arey **** to arsey sey ban hay kiya chawal martey ho :D
And this survey was on Indian content on Pakistani channels which was banned in 2016 nothing happened after that its still banned and all channels are ok
Indian banned our content first way back in 2008 but dayr aye durust aye and many countries have protectionist measures for foreign content in their countries
China,Canada and France have strict protectionist policies for foreign content on their radio and tv channels
The ban on Indian content on Pakistani channels has helped Pakistani entertainment industry now channels that used to air Indian content are forced to air and create more content which has helped our local artists and is helping our industry grow
Pehley thread ko parh laytey phir chawali martey ye hay kis pey :D

Boot polishiyoon say bara chawal is mulk mein koi nahein hai.

P*rn to proxy server say awaam daikhtee rehti hai. We are still amongst the top p*rn searchers in the world despite the blocked websites.

No matter how crap is Bollwood, there is no comparison to the Maula Jatt style Lollywood.

Chawal maarnay say pehlay Pakistan ki media industry ka haal to daikh laytay. :D

Polls reflect overall voting trend they didnt take into account state wise result which destroyed her she didnt excite black voters like obama or sanders did in some states but Trump did well with White males the power voter of republicans

There is total and complete ban on Pakistani channels airing Indian content lagta hay ap tv nahi daikhtien :D
lolz haan g i know for last few months shukar hay dhan dhaan say jan chooti hoi hay. and also news channels k indian ganay news k background main chalnay say bhi. ajeeb kharafat thi.

Everybody who disagrees with the silly nationalistic propaganda of the jingoists is a RAW agent by default.

By the way, I am starting to have great respect for the efficiency and competency of RAW since they have infiltrated everywhere, from the PM house to the cinema houses. Imagine that 35% of the population are RAW agents!!!!!!!

RAW seems to have surpassed the legacy of Red Orchestra spy-ring of the Soviets in Nazi Germany.
Silly nationalist propoganda ye zara ap Indians ko bhi to kahein na unhoan nay 2008 mein ban lagaya tha Pakistani channels par ham ney to bohat dair kardi khair acha hoya jo bhi hoya ahista ahista sab set ho jaye ga aj nein jab 2006 key Pakistani tv channels ko ajkey tv sey compare karta hoan to mujhay quality and quantity mein fark lagta hay ye acha hoya hay ab Pakistanio ko Pakistan ziyada mawakey milain gay

P*rn to proxy server say awaam daikhtee rehti hai. We are still amongst the top p*rn searchers in the world despite the blocked websites.

No matter how crap is Bollwood, there is no comparison to the Maula Jatt style Lollywood.

Chawal maarnay say pehlay Pakistan ki media industry ka haal to daikh laytay. :D
bhai sahab hamari film industry ka bura haal honay ka matlab yeh nahi hay k ap parosi mulk ka trash bhi dekhain. aur jahan tak ganday mugunday content ka taluk hay to bhai wo bhi koi class ka dekhoab paros ka kon sa world class ho ga.

Silly nationalist propoganda ye zara ap Indians ko bhi to kahein na unhoan nay 2008 mein ban lagaya tha Pakistani channels par ham ney to bohat dair kardi khair acha hoya jo bhi hoya ahista ahista sab set ho jaye ga aj nein jab 2006 key Pakistani tv channels ko ajkey tv sey compare karta hoan to mujhay quality and quantity mein fark lagta hay ye acha hoya hay ab Pakistanio ko Pakistan ziyada mawakey milain gay
Fair enough.

The Indian policy is plain stupid and narcissist. There should be no ban whatsoever on either side.

Jab mqm waley army ko kostein hain to hasi ati hay bhai :D
Hamarey to rishteydaroan nay zia daur mein jail guzari thi hamain na kisey sunao :D

Arey akhri Pakistani movie konsi daikhi thi tumney jo chawal mar rahey ho pichley saal koyi Pakistani movie daikhi?
Nahi daikhi to decades purani industry sey kiyon compare kartey ho ab ki industry nayo hay par ham uski baat hi nahi lar rahey ye thread tv channels pay tha tum phir sawab chana jawab gandum kar rahey ho

Mein ney industry ka haal daikha hay tum sey ziyada mein Pakistani dramas and films daikhta hoan mujhay pata hay kitni improvement hoyi hay industry mein

Fair enough.

The Indian policy is plain stupid and narcissist. There should be no ban whatsoever on either side.
Bhai ham kiyon pehley jhukain?
We should follow Canadian or Chinese policy of strict regulation so our industry grows ban kay baad dramas ki production mein increase aya ye acha hay ya bura?

bhai sahab hamari film industry ka bura haal honay ka matlab yeh nahi hay k ap parosi mulk ka trash bhi dekhain. aur jahan tak ganday mugunday content ka taluk hay to bhai wo bhi koi class ka dekhoab paros ka kon sa world class ho ga.
Bhai Jan, films are not life-saving drugs wher you quality and standards.

Ask any linguistic expert and he/she will say that Urdu and Hindi are the same languages. No matter how much both countries keep insisting that they are different. Facts cannot be denied no matter how unpalatable and ego-deflating they are. Our cultures are somewhat related no matter how much the jingoists blabber about a completely separate identity. That's why Indian movies are popular here. This is not some stupid RAW conspiracy.

How many people can watch English, Farsi and Turkish movies? Nobody will watch them just because Turkey and China are our friends. This is a childish argument. If they cannot relate to the language and culture, very few will go out of their comfort zone to watch movies in an alien language. DUBBING is not the ALTERNATIVE.

Should I take my wife to the cinema for a freaking Korean movie :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I don't want to sleep on the couch that night. :D:D:D

Ask any linguistic expert and he/she will say that Urdu and Hindi are the same languages. No matter how much both countries keep insisting that they are different. Facts cannot be denied no matter how unpalatable and ego-deflating they are. Our cultures are somewhat related no matter how much the jingoists blabber about a completely separate identity. That's why Indian movies are popular here. This is not some stupid RAW conspiracy.

How many people can watch English, Farsi and Turkish movies? Nobody will watch them just because Turkey and China are our friends. This is a childish argument. If they cannot relate to the language and culture, very few will go out of their comfort zone to watch movies in an alien language. DUBBING is not the ALTERNATIVE.

Should I take my wife to the cinema for a freaking Korean movie :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Canadian and Americans have same culture why is it that Canada has a strict policy against foreign(mainly American content) world is reverting back to protectionsim it doesnot make you jingoistic or evil if you wish to restrict your market or discourage competition from hostile country

Canadian and Americans have same culture why is it that Canada has a strict policy against foreign(mainly American content) world is reverting back to protectionsim it doesnot make you jingoistic or evil if you wish to restrict your market or discourage competition from hostile country
Protectionism. LOLZ

Are we protecting our industries against competition from China? Do you have an idea about our trade deficit with China.

Jan china ki baat aati hai tum logon ki zubaanein band ho jati hein. Because of the commercial interests of the so-called most disciplined and patriotic institution.

If only our esteemed retired Generals had distribution rights to Bollywood movies, no one will whine over it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Protectionism. LOLZ

Are we protecting our industries against competition from China? Do you have an idea about our trade deficit with China.

Jan china ki baat aati hai tum logon ki zubaanein band ho jati hein. Because of the commercial interests of the so-called most disciplined and patriotic institution.

If only our esteemed retired Generals had distribution rights to Bollywood movies, no one will whine over it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Is China working against Pakistani interests?
Its now our largest trading partner and in few years will be our biggest investor but that agument aside you again deflected the real discussion not a word on the channel ban on which this survey was on :D

Is China working against Pakistani interests?
Its now our largest trading partner and in few years will be our biggest investor but that agument aside you again deflected the real discussion not a word on the channel ban on which this survey was on :D
Well the channel ban has failed to work. Why were the Indian movies again allowed to be screened then? Pakistani movies still suck. The cinema houses were empty.

Well the channel ban has failed to work. Why were the Indian movies again allowed to be screened then? Pakistani movies still suck. The cinema houses were empty.
The channel ban hasnt failed at all no Indian content on any channel pemra has no intention of reversing the ban and post ban our dramas are getting better ratings and budgets are growing and who said cinemas were empty?
But only ARY was able to make a profit with ban on Indian cintent because ARY had the best marketing policy
https://defence.pk/threads/no-indian-films-at-cinemas-ary-saves-the-day.470412/
What needs to be done is our media channels need to up their marketing game except ARY all media channels have a luke warm marketing policy but for tv everything is A-OK the ban is permanent and no one is interested in revesing that is a huge success for local artists and producers
I am in favour of even banning Turkish content in prime time

:what: I think you have a problem with comprehension. At no point I talked about language or culture even.

But since you brought it into discussion let me say Iranian movies are world class and I say it with conviction that you can never compare Indian garbage with Iranian movies. I do not know about Turkish movies as I did not have a chance to watch these but since we these days are watching Turkish dramas in Pakistan, well it is safe to say that their movies would be good as well.

As far as English movies are concerned they are way better than Bollywood. And it is also not about if they are our friends it is about quality.

You said how many people? well once you start airing good foreign movies people will watch irrespective of language barrier.

I remember when I was a kid there used to be a Chinese drama aired on PTV my entire family was a keen viewer and a fan.

But indeed the ratio of those who like watching Iranian, English or Turkish movies in Pakistan would remain small since everybody does not have a taste for art movies.

Now come back to Indian movies yes these are widely watched in Pakistan one way or the way primarily due to the reason majority had been exposed to song and items numbers rather than the story ;)

We have had countless debates on this matter. The combined stance of Indian friends was that India doesn't need to allow Pakistani channels because there are too many Indian channels

There was a time when Pakistan used to broadcast 100+ Indian channels and none by India. I can't say about 2016 as I don't live in Pakistan
I dont think we have any indian channel on air in Pakistan now.Pakistani channels used to air Indian content. Fortunately hat too has been banned.
That been said I m all for Indian content but that has to be reciprocated by the other side.Otherwise NO.

Back
Top Bottom