What's new

Major Tragedy Averted on R-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

EjazR

Reaction score
This is how terrorists plots are defeated regularly without sometimes not even making in the news. This wouldn't have been possible without inputs from local Kashmiri populace. Congrats to the J&K police once again.

news.outlookindia.com | Major Tragedy Averted on R-Day

A major tragedy was averted on Republic Day today when police detected and defused an improvised explosive device placed under a bridge on Srinagar-Jammu national highway, near here.

Militants had planted the IED, weighing 2.3 kilograms, under Naina bridge near Bijbehara, 45 kms from here, to target security vehicles plying on the highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and rest of the country, a police spokesman told PTI.

Acting on specific information, the local police recovered the IED before it could cause any harm, he said.

The IED contained 17 AK-47 rounds, nine electronic detonators, one grenade and 1.5 kilograms explosive material, the spokesman said.

Hello buddy that's why india was in hurry to finish with R-Day as soon as possible. i heard alot display of weapons and alot culture programme to show on R-Day was scrapped after america's R gates came india with some vital info. Including the 'para glider' sell news. i was waiting for Punjabi bhangra dance on R-Day parade but that too was scrapped and even multi barrel rocket launcher pinaka didn't show up. Chidambaram told to times now that mr gates gave india some most deadly news that pakistan's terrorists planned. Chidambaram even told that pakistan can't get away this time. i think india should tell to world what info mr gates gave india.

i dont understand why they would put bullets in a bomb...

^^^I would assume that the explosion would make the rounds fire bullets that would kill bystanders or anyone passing by causing maximum deaths. Inevitably local civilians would be hit as it would indiscriminate.

Hello buddy that's why india was in hurry to finish with R-Day as soon as possible. i heard alot display of weapons and alot culture programme to show on R-Day was scrapped after america's R gates came india with some vital info. Including the 'para glider' sell news. i was waiting for Punjabi bhangra dance on R-Day parade but that too was scrapped and even multi barrel rocket launcher pinaka didn't show up. Chidambaram told to times now that mr gates gave india some most deadly news that pakistan's terrorists planned. Chidambaram even told that pakistan can't get away this time. i think india should tell to world what info mr gates gave india.

I was too waiting for bhangra:undecided:

IED

hmmmm

Never heard of IED been used in Kashmir, correct me if i am wrong..

This is how terrorists plots are defeated regularly without sometimes not even making in the news. This wouldn't have been possible without inputs from local Kashmiri populace. Congrats to the J&K police once again.

news.outlookindia.com | Major Tragedy Averted on R-Day

A major tragedy was averted on Republic Day today when police detected and defused an improvised explosive device placed under a bridge on Srinagar-Jammu national highway, near here.

Militants had planted the IED, weighing 2.3 kilograms, under Naina bridge near Bijbehara, 45 kms from here, to target security vehicles plying on the highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and rest of the country, a police spokesman told PTI.

Acting on specific information, the local police recovered the IED before it could cause any harm, he said.

The IED contained 17 AK-47 rounds, nine electronic detonators, one grenade and 1.5 kilograms explosive material, the spokesman said.

Sounds more like something RAW would cook up to shoot points locally!! 1.5kgs explosives is really an INSULT to the term 'IED' or 'Major Tragedy' :azn:

The IED contained 17 AK-47 rounds, nine electronic detonators,

if it had electronic detenators they would have destroyed it before it was defused sorry Ejaz but that sounds like some one is trying to be a hero.

@Cheetah

I'm not sure what you mean. You are saying that just because it had 9 electronic detonators it can't be defused? The problem is detection actually. Once you know the IED is there, there are special techniques such as initiating a jammer signal in the vicinity to prevent signals coming through, using a remote defusing device for blast protection e.t.c.

That's the job of the road opening party. Otherwise, every IED would have 9 detonators and no one would be able to defuse it. :)

Sounds true

Sounds like BS.

A few days ago PTI and other news services were reporting a arms cache haul where police and army together got it on a tip-off. Again, the local populace intelligence coming into play. The abc of counter-insurgency, the locals have to be with you, weather you are the state or the rebels. Must have been a big setback and probably why no attacks yet, including in J&K.

The Hindu : News / National : Ahead of Republic Day, huge arms haul in J&K

Ahead of the Republic Day, security forces seized a huge cache of arms and explosives, including over 15-kg RDX and 150 grenades, in two separate operations on Sunday, scuttling militants’ plan to disrupt the national event in the State.

The seizures, which included two Pak-made Anti-Personnel Mines and 13 mortar bombs, were effected in Baramulla district in Kashmir valley and Rajouri in Jammu region, police said.

Acting on a tip-off, a team of police, army and CRPF personnel raided Check-e-Mamoosa area in Baramulla district in the wee hours and recovered a large quantity of arms and explosives from a stream.

The haul included over 10-kg of lethal RDX, 15O grenades and two Anti-Personnel Mines, SSP (Baramulla) Shakeel Ahmad Beigh told PTI.

The arms and explosives, smuggled from across the border, were concealed in two water tanks which were pulled out from the bed of the stream, he said.

“The weapons were meant for distribution among militants to create distubances in the run-up to the Republic Day,” Mr. Beigh said.

Other recoveries included a Universal Machine Gun with over 700 live cartridges, 57 hand grenades, 42 Under Barrel grenades and four wireless sets with 26 additional batteries.

Six explosive sticks, 330 electronic detonators and two boxes filled with 1500 live rounds of AK series rifles were also recovered from the water tanks, the SSP said.

He said the operation lasted nearly four hours, but no one was arrested.

In another operation, police recovered a huge haul of arms, ammunition and explosives, including five-kg RDX, in Barsa forest belt, five-km from LoC, in Rajouri district.

During the searches, which were conducted this morning, three Pak-made pistols, five AK magazines, 286 rounds of AK rifles, two grenades, 12 electronic detonators and 15-mt of cordex wire were seized.

The militants had smuggled the arms from across the border recently for making IEDs to set off explosions in the run-up to the Republic Day, police said

Nothing in the article mentions locals helped diffuse the bombs. The bomb was targeted against Indian security forces, hence the accusation of them being terrorists is wrong.

Indian occupation forces in Kashmir are a legitimate kill.

Nothing in the article mentions locals helped diffuse the bombs. The bomb was targeted against Indian security forces, hence the accusation of them being terrorists is wrong.

Indian occupation forces in Kashmir are a legitimate kill.

Inflammatory post. Reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom