#CPEC Western Route: 285 km D I Khan Islamabad Motorway M-14
Bridge on Indus river is under construction
80% work completed

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

CPEC Western Route: All 198 Pillars of Indus River Bridge Drilling Completed .It link between Mianwali and Esa Khel D I Khan through 292 Km D I Khan Islamabad Motorway M-14. It will be completed in December 2021 .Photo Credit: Imran Pai Khel

FB_IMG_1617803382460.jpg
FB_IMG_1617803386655.jpg
FB_IMG_1617803391778.jpg
FB_IMG_1617803395875.jpg
FB_IMG_1617803399854.jpg

KP government has appointed collectors to acquire land for a 4-lane controlled-access motorway to extend the nearly-completed M-14 motorway to Zhob city of Balochistan.

According to Faisal Amin Gandapur, a member of KP Assembly from the ruling PTI, there was a missing link in the CPEC western route from Yarik area in D.I. Khan district to Zhob district in Balochistan.

The new motorway will complete the controlled-access route from Islamabad to Zhob, which further leads to Karachi and Gwadar.

KP government has appointed collectors to acquire land for a 4-lane controlled-access motorway to extend the nearly-completed M-14 motorway to Zhob city of Balochistan.

According to Faisal Amin Gandapur, a member of KP Assembly from the ruling PTI, there was a missing link in the CPEC western route from Yarik area in D.I. Khan district to Zhob district in Balochistan.

The new motorway will complete the controlled-access route from Islamabad to Zhob, which further leads to Karachi and Gwadar.
This is the primary route of CPEC, but this govt has already delayed it considerably. I wonder, this PTI has no intention to complete this vital route during their govt span.
At completion, this route will bring Queta and rest of Baluchistan a step closer to the Capital and rest of the country. Please complete it asap and give due importance to this main line of communication.

Islamabad Hakla-Dera Ismail Khan Motorway M-14 will be completed by the August 2021.

An official of NHA said that the 292 kilometer four-lane motorway which forms part of Western alignment of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor has been divided in five sections.

The M-14 consists of 11 interchanges, 19 flyovers, 15 bridges, 74 underpasses, 259 culverts, and three major bridges ,one at River Swan, second at River Indus and third at River Kurram.

1618490280690.png

85% work completed

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Construction work of Hakla-Dera Ismail Khan Motorway (M-14) project has been geared up and it is expected that project would be accomplished within few months.

Talking to APP, an official of National Highway Authority (NHA) told APP on Thursday that a four-lane 292 kilometer motorway formed an important part of Western alignment of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) which has been divided into five sections.

He said presently over 94 per cent physical progress has been achieved on Yarik-Rehmanikhel section of the motorway which started in 2017 and was awarded to M/s NLC which started in July 2017.

About Rehmanikhel-Kot Belian section, he said the contract was awarded to M/s SKB-KNK Joint venture. He said the section has been divided in two packages and so far about 99 per cent physical progress have been achieved on Package-1 whereas on Package-II over 93 per cent progress has been done.

Work on both these section were also started in July 2017.

The official said work on Kot Belian -Tarap section had started in October 2016 and the contract had been awarded to M/s FWO, adding, so far over 93 per cent progress has been achieved.

The contract of Tarap-Pindi Gheb section had been awarded to M/s Limak-ZKB Joint Venture, adding, its work was started in November 2016 and so far 68.8 per cent work has been completed.

The contract of Pindi Gheb-Hakla section had also been awarded to M/s Limak-ZKB JV. Work on the section was started in January 2017 and so far over 64 per cent progress has been achieved.

once Zhob is connected via M14 to Di Lhan, work needs to be done to connect qila saifullah, muslim bagh, quetta to Zhob

Then more work towards connecting Baluchistan with rest of the country is needed, Apart from the Economic benefits, its really important for strategic reason as well as preserving the Federation of Pakistan, More focus should be on M-8 and connecting Quetta with Gwadar should be a priority

86% work completed

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

CPEC Western Route: one hour travelling time will be only 15 minutes from Essa Khel Interchange to Kundal Interchange for Chashma and Lucky Marwat Traffic due to Kurrum River Bridge at 292 Km D I Khan Islamabad Motorway M-14.Opening expected Aug 2021.

1621001844151.png

1621001821576.png

86% work completed

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg