What's new

Lockheed's F-16 Is Likely Forerunner For India's Next Fighter Jet Order

I don't see why U.S shouldn't give full ToT on the radar and engine.

unless we feel the AMCA would be a threat to F-35 sales.
Most Israeli features in F16-I ain't U.S funded as much as Im aware of

Ok what is the details about Chinese deals? Am sure underground deals would have made which might not come in the open.

Read this. The same to @Skull and Bones

http://aviationweek.com/defense/rus...m=email&elq2=30dd13b492f94fb29cbbfc1d3acb283b
The Russian air force is expanding its Sukhoi-35S fleet with a 100 billion rubles ($1.4 billion) order for 50 more of the twin-engine fighters,

The total contract with some extras was $1.4B for 50 jets or $28M per jet. So that's the procurement price.

This stuff is actually quite matter of fact to anybody with basic economics knowledge. When something used to cost $50M to make suddenly loses half its value due to the exchange rate, then it will cost $25M. That's very, very basic.

The Chinese don't even acknowledge they signed a Su-35 deal, so forget details.

Because transfer of critical technologies are banned as per US laws to third country which don't have ally status? And even technology to these allies are very restricted and taken on case by case basis. Israel gets maximum technology fromUS Covertly or openly. But end of the day we get some of these technologies through Indo Israel deals. India will arm its Jaguar fleet with Israeli AESA, Tejas could be followed if GaN AESA Saab can't be procured.

Most Israeli features in F16-I ain't U.S funded as much as Im aware of
consider how much money the U.S has given Israel over the decades, it's only fair to assume without Israel wouldn't have the funding to upgrade the F-16

consider how much money the U.S has given Israel over the decades, it's only fair to assume without Israel wouldn't have the funding to upgrade the F-16
And still it's only a fraction of Israel's defense budget.
The IDF budget is 20billion USD, 4 out of it is U.S aid.
And industries got their own budget.
Anyway, most of the pressure from the U.S is regarding the air defense systems, which U.S is main funder, on other issues, I don't see any problem of selling any kind of system to india.

either the Gripen E/F or Falcon 70 would make sense.

thinking Gripen E/F would be the favorite

-low cost and maintainability
-can operate from short runways and roads
-swashbuckler radar+Meteor=unmatched BVR combat

but then the Falcon 70

-much better range
-better growth potential
-more diverse weapon selection
-potential upgrade to F-35 in the future
-troll Pakistan with better F-16 and weapons

Any modifications will have to be payed by India, while Gripen upgrades will be shared,
between Sweden, Brazil and India, so growth potential is less.

Gripen has or will be getting most modern weapons anyway.

You really think that LM would only sell F-35 if India buys F-16? I rather doubt that?

So we think HAL teja is dead horse now plus time to make deal and moving assembly by LM Pak probably phasing out its MLU F 16s ney left would be new 18 Blk 52 we should donate to India .

That is my point , F-16 is better than mig-21 but the numbers are too great to be replaced , and it will not be a cheap adventure from IAF.. and lets not forget PAF is operating from Decades and IAF will need at least 5 years to induct them and make strategies out of it .. and i agree with you that if go for F-16's it will be a final nail in coffin of Tejas , or maybe for some show case your IAF will buy small numbers of Tejas for face saving ..
Well we both are missing something here. How would it be possible for IAF's top brass to loose their kickbacks and millions of dollars in commissions if they select or promote an indigenous fighter. No wonder IAF's higher officials and top brass would try to delay any indigenous project be it aircrafts or missiles or air defence systems the longest possible so that they could eventually kill the project and receive tons of commissions. IN is way better in this regard but IA & IAF's love for foreign maal is nothing new. I would say the best thing that happened to PAF recently is US asking PAF to fund the F-16s on its own. Now y'all could move away from the F-16s even though your airforce's doctrine is built around them and allocate more funds to the JF-17 and participate in TFX or J-31. With the # of countries willing to sell their stuff India, IA and IAF's top brass would be having months of erection and would likely kill all indigenous projects from the basic assault rifles to the most sophisticated fighter jets

Well we both are missing something here. How would it be possible for IAF's top brass to loose their kickbacks and millions of dollars in commissions if they select or promote an indigenous fighter. No wonder IAF's higher officials and top brass would try to delay any indigenous project be it aircrafts or missiles or air defence systems the longest possible so that they could eventually kill the project and receive tons of commissions. IN is way better in this regard but IA & IAF's love for foreign maal is nothing new. I would say the best thing that happened to PAF recently is US asking PAF to fund the F-16s on its own. Now y'all could move away from the F-16s even though your airforce's doctrine is built around them and allocate more funds to the JF-17 and participate in TFX or J-31. With the # of countries willing to sell their stuff India, IA and IAF's top brass would be having months of erection and would likely kill all indigenous projects from the basic assault rifles to the most sophisticated fighter jets
indigenous does not mean shit crapped INEFFICIENT sarakari factories.

Any modifications will have to be payed by India, while Gripen upgrades will be shared,
between Sweden, Brazil and India, so growth potential is less.

Gripen has or will be getting most modern weapons anyway.

You really think that LM would only sell F-35 if India buys F-16? I rather doubt that?
f-35 is not a given for India

either the Gripen E/F or Falcon 70 would make sense.

thinking Gripen E/F would be the favorite

-low cost and maintainability
-can operate from short runways and roads
-swashbuckler radar+Meteor=unmatched BVR combat

but then the Falcon 70

-much better range
-better growth potential
-more diverse weapon selection
-potential upgrade to F-35 in the future
-troll Pakistan with better F-16 and weapons
better growth potential ? How ? what are THE FUTURE plans for F16 ?

get the f 15 se

And still it's only a fraction of Israel's defense budget.
The IDF budget is 20billion USD, 4 out of it is U.S aid.
And industries got their own budget.
Anyway, most of the pressure from the U.S is regarding the air defense systems, which U.S is main funder, on other issues, I don't see any problem of selling any kind of system to india.
i thing 4 biloin us incloud in 16 bilion

Why would GE or P&W give away their company secrets to sell exactly zero more engines?
If Gripen wins there will be a lot of US companies benefitting.

I'll be surprised if India chooses F-16s instead of Gripen....If that happens, It will be purely on commercial grounds.

Back
Top Bottom