What's new

Lockheed Martin offers F-16 Block 70, for India, from India, exported to the world

No bro he was comparing future paf with future iaf nd in near future paf getting nothing except jf17 which replace old 3 generation jet of paf where r in future iaf is looking for upgrade of current jets nd also interested in new advance babies so u cn guess the gape btw air capabilities...

JF17 BLK III and Pakistan will have much more options in the future, our choices are not set in stone.

Sir We need American Influence as we don't have China Influence.

Bro, you need to think, hard, why Pakistan left USA as camp.
We are not stupid people.

Soviet Union o gaya finish, China and India don't gel well. Which else Super power or emerging Super Power in the world is there in the World. UGANGA>>!!!

India? :P. Just kidding, its refreshing to see that their are sane people from the other side of the border.

Sir the world was always Bipolar and we need to take sides. You chose your well, we shall choose ours. Good day Gentlemen

Be careful for what you ask for, it can bite you.
USA is not a country to trust :)

USA is not a country to trust :)[/QUOTE]

Sir don't worry, We have Americans Jugular veins and that's its business and economy. Indians contribute the most (patels , SIkhs,Punjabis) to American congress and they know that India is the biggest market of its product. We know what Americans are and basically they are war profiteers.

JF17 BLK III and Pakistan will have much more options in the future, our choices are not set in stone.

Bro, you need to think, hard, why Pakistan left USA as camp.
We are not stupid people.

India? :P. Just kidding, its refreshing to see that their are sane people from the other side of the border.

USA is not a country to trust :)

Sry bt I don't think jf17 block 3 was going to have some serious capabilities which suppress iaf jets the think which r going to get in jf17 block3 is also present in mig29 upgrade nd Mig also get new EW suits and other stuff which r much better. Nd about options paf only have 1 option China nothing else nd near future China have nothing which cn suppress super sukhoi nd pls keep this fifth generation away it take much time Thn ur thinking

Sry bt I don't think jf17 block 3 was going to have some serious capabilities which suppress iaf jets the think which r going to get in jf17 block3

Its not set in stone :) PAF will change/plan according to the threat.

JF-17 blk 3 is still not developed, it will.

is also present in mig29 upgrade nd Mig also get new EW suits and other stuff which r much better. Nd about options paf only have 1 option China nothing else nd near future China have nothing which cn suppress super sukhoi nd pls keep this fifth generation away it take much time Thn ur thinking

Chinese have jets that can match the Russian/US bests (except F-35 off course).
China is not the only option for Pakistan.

China is not the only option for Pakistan.[/QUOTE]
Bhai ek bata do that Chinese have better then either Chinese/Russians . Last I checked F 16 still rules the roost in multi role fighter and j 10 is not even close. "F-16 maare toh dusham paani bhi naa maange". F 16 has proved worldwide:- Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and other war conflict zones. Its reliable, Fast, Carry truck loads of weapons, Fastest to respond( even faster then Su 30 MKi) , Error free

Its not set in stone :) PAF will change/plan according to the threat.

JF-17 blk 3 is still not developed, it will.

Bt the things which r going to add on new jf17 according to forums nd other members it doesn't have anything which challenge iaf in quality as well quantity

China is not the only option for Pakistan.

The Chinese have that jets which was supplied by Russian nd every Chinese jet doesn't enough pay load to challenge Russian or American nd u know what's the importance of payload, nd the Russian nd American jets r war proven thing nt that Chinese, nd mostly engine r supplied by Russian to Chinese there engine cn have that trust. Nd about other stuff u know better its just a copy where it was about luk or anything.

The Chinese have that jets which was supplied by Russian nd every Chinese jet doesn't enough pay load to challenge Russian or American nd u know what's the importance of payload,

Our adversary is not far away, it is right next to us. Those jets will do the job just fine.

nd the Russian nd American jets r war proven thing nt that Chinese, nd mostly engine r supplied by Russian to Chinese there engine cn have that trust. Nd about other stuff u know better its just a copy where it was about luk or anything.

They sure are, but then American jets are a copy, Russian jets are a copy, if you go about it, today, all jets have copied some other jet in one way or another, I wouldn't go into the detail (as there is no point), but all these jets/techs have proven to be potent.

We have used JF-17s in our operations and have gotten awesome results.
We have secured the sells for these inferior chinese jets (as some people here claim :D).

China wasn't this advanced 10 years ago, but it is now, it will be more advanced 10 years from now.
Besides as I said, China isn't our only option.

Our adversary is not far away, it is right next us. Those jets will do the job just fine.

They sure are, but then American jets are a copy, Russian jets are a copy, if you go about it, today, all jets have copied some other jet in one way or another, I wouldn't go into the detail (as there is no point), but all these jets/techs have proven to be potent.

We have used JF-17s in our operations and have gotten awesome results.
We have secured the sells for these inferior chinese jets (as some people here claim :D).

China wasn't this advanced 10 years ago, but it is now, it will be more advanced 10 years from now.
Besides as I said, China isn't our only option.

Bro there r difference in doing job nd doing good job hope u understand what I mean, I m sure jf17 will do job bt what about good or excellent job it cnt help u in making upper hand on ur enemy it was a interceptor it should be advance.

Nd yes Chinese r growing in jet technology nd they will more in future bt until now or near future they r not going suppress Russians nd American...
Nd u have only China coz China is only country which supplies u jet in cheaper price nd u know better the budget of paf so u cn go with Chinese other babies r really expensive

Bro there r difference in doing job nd doing good job hope u understand what I mean, I m sure jf17 will do job bt what about good or excellent job it cnt help u in making upper hand on ur enemy it was a interceptor it should be advance.

You are missing something bro, PAF has a defensive doctrine, we dont need to do much other than defend ourselves.
And those jets will do the job fine.

India will have an upper hand in an offensive doctrine, sure. But we do not have an offensive doctrine :)

Nd yes Chinese r growing in jet technology nd they will more in future bt until now or near future they r not going suppress Russians nd American...

They will never surpass, but they will get closer, besides it is expected that they will match in the near future, but then we haven't seen the future.
10 is greater than 9, but 9 is not to be underestimated.
Think about it, can a fleet double the size of adversaries fleet not be able to overwhelm the adversary, given that adversary has a advanced tech but the other one has a lesser advanced tech but have large numbers?

200 J-10c can beat the crap out of 36 rafales. I am talking about China/India, now we can argue about how the war can turn out and all that, but you get the point.

They will get the job done.

Nd u have only China coz China is only country which supplies u jet in cheaper price nd u know better the budget of paf so u cn go with Chinese other babies r really expensive

PAF's problem is money and our economy is expected to grow, large. But that is not the only thing.
  1. Our economy is not the only thing that can fill our pockets.
  2. We may not even need to buy, if the war breaks out, who knows :)

Shaheer ul haq said:
You are missing something bro, PAF has a defensive doctrine, we dont need to do much other than defend ourselves.
And those jets will do the job fine.

India will have an upper hand in an offensive doctrine, sure. But we do not have an offensive doctrine :)

They will never surpass, but they will get closer, besides it is expected that they will match in the near future, but then we haven't seen the future.
10 is greater than 9, but 9 is not to be underestimated.
Think about it, can a fleet double the size of adversaries fleet not be able to overwhelm the adversary, given that adversary has a advanced tech but the other one has a lesser advanced tech but have large numbers?

200 J-10c can beat the crap out of 36 rafales. I am talking about China/India, now we can argue about how the war can turn out and all that, but you get the point.

They will get the job done.

PAF's problem is money and our economy is expected to grow, large. But that is not the only thing.
  1. Our economy is not the only thing that can fill our pockets.
  2. We may not even need to buy, if the war breaks out, who knows :)
[/QUO

No bro India is also NT interested in going in offensive war u have to know India was always in defensive mode our ex pm atal bihari Vajpayee is also said to world after the nuclear test that it India will never attack on anyone they r all fr defense until it anyone doing against anything our national interest.so u cn understand India is NT going to offensive.

Nd sry bt I m NT interested in any arguments bt u have to think India have 272super sukhoies with rafales Mig 29 upgrades mirage 2000 nd other upcoming like expected f 16 block70 which was proposed to be made in India nd also Tejas to be around 200 .so think this make a good punch u know.

So give me some examples from where u r going to get funds American r also going to stop that in near future... nd Chinese don't expect anything from them bro they r jst using Pakistan fr there benefits, so last option economy nd I don't think it going to raise more in 10 years

@Abingdonboy seems you might be correct on Rafale in MII, but Gripen is out @dadeechi i continue to disagree on f-16s, not happening. If at all F-18s.
"might be", I don't think so.............................I am 100% right ;)
@Blue Marlin can you shed something about EF offer? Getting some whispers but issue is the consortium involved. The Brits are a pain and unreliable under US pressure
The EFT has ZERO chance for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
It's alright, India can sell some F16 to Pakistan under made in India
it will be flawed as such that it will only be good for routine exercises but when times comes to intercept Indian fighters it will fall from the sky like a rock.

Last edited:
F-16 is a brilliant aircraft and to me its the best single engine multi-role aircraft. LM is a huge company and their ability to bring in a credible industrial capability cant be questioned. But a small question comes up in my mind, 20 years after we buy an F-16, how relevant will it be at that time? For people who point at the current scenario of 1970s aircraft being used, isn't it the same thing we should prevent from happening again? Just because we messed up once, should we do it again?

Now lets assume, India launches a modest MII project of 90 jets with a production output of 18 jets/year. (Again since its an "assumption" I am using most modest figures) First aircraft rolls out in 2020, last jet rolls out in 2025.

f16.png

( http://www.f-16.net/fleet-reports_article18.html )

Please refer current F-16 production list, based on which final F-16 ordered by Iraqi AF will roll out in 2017. It is highly unlikely that LM is awarded any further F-16 orders from current users due to introduction of F-35 and European alternatives attracting the Middle-Easterns. The Indian F-16s, if ordered will reach their MLU stage during the period 2040-45 by when more than 90% of the current frames will be retired/phased-out. Considering that the best upgrade path for MLU cant be any better than block-70 by 2030, there is a total of 145 F-16 that will reach MLU stage past 2030 among current users. Which means, there will be no single country with a large fleet of F-16 that requires MLU update other than India. Therefore, we could be held hostage by LM for a descent MLU upgrade program for our F-16s to remain relevant past 2040s, paying out a huge premium for little gain. 30 years into service, by 2050 considering the fast pace at which aviation is evolving compared to the 70s, we could be forced to retire the fleet without even consuming 75% of its designed life.

For all the F-16 MII advocates, do you want our country to repeat the past and induct older designs that may not be relevant till the end of their designed life (It could be more hurtful as against the mistake we did in 70s due to the fast pace at which technology is evolving now)? Should we be short sighted and disregard the future aspect before we induct a platform like we have always done?

P.S I will in no way belittle the F-16 as a potent aircraft or LM as an efficient MIC, its just that we are atleast 20 years late in considering this aircraft as per my honest opinion. And for people who question about Tejas using the same logic, one word - "Indigenous". We can afford to do mistakes with Tejas as this is the only way we can develop an in-house design eco-system.

Opinions and criticism requested.
@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @Water Car Engineer @MilSpec @Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @Taygibay @Picdelamirand-oil and all other respected readers.

Good Day to all!

Co-Production Of F-16 Jets To Figure In US Secretary's Visit
All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: August 18, 2016 14:49 IST

by Taboola

f-16-fighter-jet_650x400_51439288416.jpg

US Air Force Secretary Deborah James will be discussing co-production of F-16s in India

Washington: India-US cooperation in defence technology and trade initiatives will be the focus of the US Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James when she travels to India later this month. A proposal to jointly produce aircrafts will also come up for discussion.

Ms James will be travelling to India as part of four nation tour which will see her travel to Indonesia, Singapore and Philippines also. Her talks with Asian countries will include discussions on the South China Sea controversy and threat of terrorism in the region.

While in India, Ms James will meet Chief of Air Staff Marshal Arup Raha and Defence Secretary G Mohan Kumar to discuss a proposal to co-produce aircrafts in India, in-line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Make in India' policy.

"We will be looking to see how we can deepen our partnerships and take it to the next level," Ms James said about the focus of her upcoming visit.

The United Sates is very interested in following up the defence and trade initiatives discussed during US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter's visit to India in April, Ms James said. A proposal to assemble F-16 fighter aircrafts in India was made by US defence major Lockheed Martin in April to bolster India's fighter jets and jet engine technology working group.

"I am also aware of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's push for Make in India and the importance of creating new jobs. Proposal to co-produce certain aircrafts in India is one example of something that will be useful from a military standpoint but also might play into the Make in India campaign."

Ms James said she also looks forward to "congratulating the Chief of Air Force in particular on what is I think a magnificent execution of the C-17 operation where Indian citizens were evacuated from South Sudan. Well done on that, well done."

Asserting that the United States of America considers the recent ruling from The Hague on South China Sea to be "legally binding on all parties" Ms James said that Washington hoped "all of the claimants in the South China Sea will exercise restraint in the future and will work to lower tensions." She added that the US stands "very firmly" behind the principle of freedom of navigation.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/co-production-of-f-16-jets-to-figure-in-us-secretarys-visit-1445623

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom