What's new

Lockheed Martin offers F-16 Block 70, for India, from India, exported to the world

That is something I forgot to mention. Mig-35 might just be a surprise ... Uncanny u mention
indeed india has comonality with the mig29 and the carrier variant so the mig 35 would be a breeze, heck it would push the usa to offer something better.
and lets not forget the dark horse............:devil:
_607092ca-6075-11e6-93fe-9ac2f090b545.jpg

i have been to serious lately..........i had to do it.

Nothing much will come of this and I've heard similar things for years and years, and that's exactly what it is i.e. the government throwing things in the air. You maybe a fan of the F16, but plenty of senior members have rubbished the idea. If you want to discuss I'll keep it open, but keep it in here, unless you want 100,000 threads about the F16 being made in India on the Indian defence forum. I still remember all the "Grippen made in India ", F-18 made in India" threads.

I am not a fan of anything really, again, I would've laughed at the idea last year. Those same senior members you mention want to take the MoD seriously when he recently said of another production line opening. Those same senior members want to look the other way when the same guy mentions other birds possibly being produced under MII.

Yes, you heard of make in India F18, F16, Griphen, etc. when the Rafale wasnt down selected. After that, there was no noise from the then MoD. That's the thing, there is now!

There is background work for another bird. These assumptions arent from some crap SAAB poster in Delhi, but from the damn MoD!!

These guys want a pet project under their, "MII", there's nothing better than a big aerospace/defence project.

That is the precise reason that begs this question, why go for F-16s?

Why? Why go for F-16s which Pakistan is operating for some 30 years? Rafales and Russian jets are much better.
F-16 is not F-35.

Buying US influence is important. That is why F16s and moreover India requires a single engine aircraft that replace MiG21s. All the fighter planes under considerations are heavy ones.

As far as Pakistan operating it should not be a problem. Moreover, Block70's will quite different from what Pakistan is operating.

indeed india has comonality with the mig29 and the carrier variant so the mig 35 would be a breeze, heck it would push the usa to offer something better.
and lets not forget the dark horse............:devil:
_607092ca-6075-11e6-93fe-9ac2f090b545.jpg

i have been to serious lately..........i had to do it.
Mig 35. aur bhi kcuh hai toh daal toh conversation main. Its a worldwide Flop Aircraft. May be Mig 41 stealth fighter.

Too big a of a price to pay.

:)
Sir We need American Influence as we don't have China Influence. Soviet Union o gaya finish, China and India don't gel well. Which else Super power or emerging Super Power in the world is there in the World. UGANGA>>!!!

Sir the world was always Bipolar and we need to take sides. You chose your well, we shall choose ours. Good day Gentlemen

I am saying that why drag Mig 35. Its not a successful program. This MMRCA has become a headache and embarrassment frankly. Even Aircrafts that were lowest Tender holders are being shoved in our face.

Mig-35 is not off table. Mig 29K was inducted first by IN and now Russian Navy is inducting it. You just don't know. I agree with him.

@PARIKRAMA whats he saying?
he is saying if there is any other option left also then include it in the conversation .. Its bcz Mig 35 is not very successful..
and he explained in post 277

am saying that why drag Mig 35. Its not a successful program. This MMRCA has become a headache and embarrassment frankly. Even Aircrafts that were lowest Tender holders are being shoved in our face.

I think the day F 16 is produced and flies Indian Tri color. It will be a sight across both side of Borders :D although for different reasons. Hopefully they give us TOT on the Engine, Radar absorbing paint , Electronic warfare mode. :D

we have the money to buy old planes but don't have money to buy new ones? you don't have to pay one in just 1 year neither you'll get the planes in 1 year

if Pakistan Navy can buy 8 subs of worth $5 Billion and missile boats etc whats stopping Air Force??

Navy

I am saying that why drag Mig 35. Its not a successful program. This MMRCA has become a headache and embarrassment frankly. Even Aircrafts that were lowest Tender holders are being shoved in our face.

lol well said specially the highly agressive and face lifted f16 rejected way back in 2010

You are comparing the current state of PAF with future state of IAF.

No bro he was comparing future paf with future iaf nd in near future paf getting nothing except jf17 which replace old 3 generation jet of paf where r in future iaf is looking for upgrade of current jets nd also interested in new advance babies so u cn guess the gape btw air capabilities...

i think the mig 35 is an alright bird iwould seriously consider it after it the rafale

So Why buy F-16s when you could buy RAFALE for the same ~$100 million

There are multiple reasons

1) Numbers game :- India needs to replace/induct 400+ fighters in the next 3-5 years. This is almost impossible to achieve with a single fighter program. SU-30MKI, RAFALE, F-16, PAK-FA & Tejas programs running in parallel could achieve that desired goal.

2) Maintain Strategic relations with US: US is pushing India's case in NSG, MTCR, AG, WA groups and India would pay back with Defense deals in return.

3) 4th generation Alternatives: Why not go for F-18s? F-18s do not have a follow-on program while F-16s have F-35s. F-16s manufacturing lines would be repurposed as F-35 lines like SU-30MKI lines would be repurposed for FGFA.

4)Why not go for the 5th gen aircrafts which are on the horizon: India already has plans to procure both PAK-FAs / FGFAs and F-35s . FGFAs would not be available until 2025 while F-35s would not be available until 2030

5) Why go for a 30 year old aircraft: India is still flying aircrafts from the 1960s. That says it all.

6) Wouldn't PAF has advantage over IAF as they have been operating F-16 for 3 decades now: PAF uses F-16s as their front line fighters while India would use F-16s as assisting the frontline Super Sukhois & PAK-FAs

7) Any other advantages: F-16s under MII would bring in jobs, build skilled workforce, bring in engine and fighter assembly tech to India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom