What's new

Life of a coal miner in Punjab

I thought you were saying that govt should own the whole mine... the only problem is implementation of laws, and lack of strong unions of workers.. while contractor manipulate the situation as govt do nothing to benefit workers..

Sure, the government can own the mine. It can offer good and secure jobs to the locals and give them productivity bonuses too. Everybody wins.

When it comes to miners,it's the same story in most underdeveloped countries.

Can't the government cancel the lease and develop the mine with modern equipment to increase production and provide the workers with good employment at the same time?

Most mines are controlled by " elite" these animals are part of the government. They don't want to develop these mines as that would create employment and other opportunities for locals making the shit " elite" obsolete. They think by keeping these people under their tow they have the ultimate control.

Most mines are controlled by " elite" these animals are part of the government. They don't want to develop these mines as that would create employment and other opportunities for locals making the shit " elite" obsolete. They think by keeping these people under their tow they have the ultimate control.

Yes, that is the typically Pakistani way for just about anything, it seems.

Just take what you have and STF about it..... "oh my! these coal miners are in misery"...... sissy pants would've been talking about bombs blowing up and people getting killed if it was not for the present government..... but nope.... gotta make the miners happy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom