What's new

Legal fraternity gangs up against Musharraf

Pksecurity

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan’s former president, Gen Pervez Musharraf, who is facing trial for high treason has been thrown out of election when the tribunal rejected his nominations papers from NA-32 Chitral, the only place where his papers were accepted by the returning officer in the initial scrutiny. His papers from other three places, Islamabad, Karachi and Kasur were already rejected at the filing stage. Though not convicted yet, he is facing the wrath of the legal community, judges and lawyers, for imposing emergency in the country in November 2007 which led to sacking of hyper-active judiciary.
Musharraf had staged a coup in October, 1999 dismissing the government of Nawaz Sharif. His coup was not only endorsed by the apex court, he was authorized to amend the Constitution. Under the Constitution, its amendment is the prerogative of the parliament and that too with two-third majority. After validation by the court, Musharraf ruled Pakistan for nine years. However, when he tried to sack the chief judge, lawyers were up against him. His sacking of the judges has been termed as an act of high treason and the same judges he tried to sack are hearing this case against him. If convicted, he can be awarded death penalty. The case was filed in the court by lawyers after being prompted by the chief judge.
Those who rejected his election papers are members of lower judiciary.

Legal fraternity throws Musharraf out of election race

its a personal grudge with iftekhar, he is the most corrupt CJ of pakistan currently, a political appointee

he is the most corrupt CJ of pakistan currently

Pretty sure if musharraf was to take his case to CJ and the CJ had made him eligible you would be sitting over here saying this CJ is the best in the world. I think you are the only who believes that this CJ is the most corrupt .... Well thats you opinion to each his own.

Pretty sure if musharraf was to take his case to CJ and the CJ had made him eligible you would be sitting over here saying this CJ is the best in the world. I think you are the only who believes that this CJ is the most corrupt .... Well thats you opinion to each his own.

no, still i wont, first of all he didnt brought justice to arsalan iftekhar who is involved in corruption, second, how many common pakistanis have got justice from this BS, two years of wuqala movement and after he was restored what did ifti did to achieve a big mile stone? did he change anything to ensure quick justice to pakistan, did he ensured a good justice system, did he revolutionised pakistani judicial system which the most corrupt system in pakistan?

did he listened to qadri demands of neutral caretaker and neutral ECP?

this BTW was pretty much expected

last but not the least he let raja rental go

Till this date I support & I will continue to support the Military Take over by Gen. Musharraf. Nawaz the kuta Sharif was only barking for US & India, he had done nothing which was helping Pakistan in any way.

GOD forbid if this bastard wins the election he will only Pakistan.

The people of Pakistan have forgotten what this a** hole did.

All the corrupt & incompetent people & politicians are united against Gen. Musharraf, these bastards have no love for Pakistan, they are only united to save this corrupt system.

GOD help us.

Back
Top Bottom