What's new

Left Handers are Better in Fight

Mubashar_ali

New Recruit

Reaction score
left handers better in fight than right handers
An old but interesting article.....If you find yourself in a fight, you'd better hope it's not against a left-hander - scientists have found they often have the upper hand. Now tell me, are you left or right handers. for more see this link

BBC NEWS | Health | Left-handers 'better in fights'

Left handed batsmen sure do look classy.

The left hook just gives them an element of surprise since we expect punches to come from the right.

But boxers always say, look at the shoulders not at the hands. That's where the punches come from. Hands can be deceptive, but a shoulder tells you precisely what is happening.

At least in cricket, left handed batsmen have an advantage because it's harder to ball a tight lenght to them. Most deliveries to left handers are hook length because the right handed bowler just can't get it right. If you see the batting styles of Adam Gilchrist, Lance Klusner, Saeed Anwar, Saurav Ganguly etc they all have a very distinctive hook shot and they're all very strong on the leg side.

Wasim was probably a great bolwer because he was left handed medium-fast bowler. The batsmans brain just can't cope with the mirror image of what he is used to.

I would imagine the same thing applies in fights.

Hmm, Nice examples. I read that left handers chew with their left jaws and right handers will chew with their right jaw.

**ahem, ahem ahem**
That might explain why I have never lost a fistfight.

Back
Top Bottom