What's new

Leaked audio: Telephonic conversation between Arif Alvi & Imran Khan after PTV attack

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief was apparently pleased with protesters storming the headquarters of Pakistan Television Network in Islamabad’s high-security “red zone” last year during the party’s four-month long sit-in outside Parliament, stating that the government “deserved it”.

In a leaked but yet to be verified telephonic conversation, Imran Khan told party leader Dr Arif Alvi that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s government deserved the attack.

In the audio recording, the PTI chief is heard saying, “This is good” ”They deserve it, the b*****ds you see, otherwise Nawaz will not resign; he should resign before the joint session,” he goes on to say.

The audio can be heard below:

Hundreds of protesters allegedly belonging to the PTI and the Pakistan Awami Tehreek briefly seized the state broadcaster on September 1, 2014 at a time when the country was in the grip of an intense political crisis spearheaded by Imran and PAT chief Tahirul Qadri.

Read: Protesters briefly force state-run TV off air

The phone conversation, which begins with Alvi informing Imran about the attack, started making rounds on social media last night. Shared by supporters and opponents alike, the video led to people calling for an explanation.

Although, there has been no official statement yet by the PTI on the ‘phony’ controversy, Alvi on Twitter claimed that different conversations between him and PTI chief were ‘spliced together’.

Just an hour after making the claim, Alvi realised there was no denying this was a telephonic conversation and tweeted further to make his case.

Imran denies any wrong-doing, says phone-tapping is a crime

Although the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan denied hearing a leaked telephonic conversation between him and Arif Alvi, he was confident that he did commit any offence and stated that taping conversations was itself a crime.

“This is a crime,” he said. “I haven’t heard the audio but I can tell… I wouldn’t have committed a crime.”

The PTI chief also didn’t miss an opportunity to take a jibe at certain a political party, saying he was sure he didn’t order to kill someone, and to collect extortion money to be sent to London (on the call).

He also said he could procure an audio clip of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, insisting it was not a big deal.

Leaked conversation: 'Good, govt deserves it,' Imran allegedly told Alvi after PTV attack - The Express Tribune

Is there a possibility that MQM recorded this call? I mean they do have technology and expertise considering their headquarter nine zero is a no go zone for police.

Yes.. during his politics he only faced a single martial law, he's spoken against military rules with Musharraf's era as an example many times..that how he regrets agreeing to Musharraf's referendum and being involved in it for some time.. also mentioned Zia in his conversations also.. I see no reason why a Patriot like IK would blindly criticize the whole army without being specific..
He was with Musharraf and distributed Sweets when Nawaz Govt. was gotten rid of and they whole Anti Musharraf stance of his started right after 2002 Elections where he demanded 100 seats from Musharraf while he was only Capable enough to win only 1 which was his own. So this whole thing is not about Martial Law or anything but his own Ego that has gone bigger then his Political Party since last few years.

Is there a possibility that MQM recorded this call? I mean they do have technology and expertise considering their headquarter nine zero is a no go zone for police.
That is the old audio and first gone Viral on Feb 2015. It is only recently media have Noticed this when I think MQM's Ali Raza Abidi uploaded in his Twitter Account.

He was with Musharraf and distributed Sweets when Nawaz Govt. was gotten rid of and they whole Anti Musharraf stance of his started right after 2002 Elections where he demanded 100 seats from Musharraf while he was only Capable enough to win only 1 which was his own. So this whole thing is not about Martial Law or anything but his own Ego that has gone bigger then his Political Party since last few years.

He later withdrew from the Mushy Govt. and apologized to the nation for taking part in the referendum. He also stated that he would never participate in a constitution breaking event Again. That 100 seat story is Mushy's side of the story..He is a liar sorry, i cannot believe on every word he says..No wonder IK declined to become PM under Musharraf..

He later withdrew from the Mushy Govt. and apologized to the nation for taking part in the referendum. He also stated that he would never participate in a constitution breaking event Again. That 100 seat story is Mushy's side of the story..He is a liar sorry, i cannot believe on every word he says..No wonder IK declined to become PM under Musharraf..
Ya right when he wasnt given 100 Seats which he demanded he started Criticizing Musharraf all of a sudden. Maybe Musharraf could be lying but Timing of Imran's Criticism against Mushy support such Claims(Soon after 2002 Elections) to be truth so I am willing to give Benefit of Doubt to Musharraf here.

Ya right when he wasnt given 100 Seats which he demanded he started Criticizing Musharraf all of a sudden. Maybe Musharraf could be lying but Timing of Imran's Criticism against Mushy support such Claims(Soon after 2002 Elections) to be truth so I am willing to give Benefit of Doubt to Musharraf here.

I think after being corrupted by Politics, Musharraf lost alot of his moral integrity..he should've stayed a soldier to the end..IK has alot more integrity and blunt truth to his character..

shame on khan for asking help from MQM , shame on such dirty language from him , is he a leader ?

Yea shame on IK for inviting other parties to participate in the dharna..he's not a true leader cause of that..

I think after being corrupted by Politics, Musharraf lost alot of his moral integrity..he should've stayed a soldier to the end..IK has alot more integrity and blunt truth to his character..
Ya right and only Imran Khan the Great is Clean and Clear while everyone else is corrupt. Musharraf is still thousand Times better then Imran Khan because he knows what Governance actually is while Imran Khan is Clueless on everything except doing Circus with containers every now and then.

Ya right and only Imran Khan the Great is Clean and Clear while everyone else is corrupt. Musharraf is still thousand Times better then Imran Khan because he knows what Governance actually is while Imran Khan is Clueless on everything except doing Circus with containers every now and then.

Lol do you think Musharraf took all decisions in early part of his govt. by himself? He had advisers guiding him through stuff..i must say though early on he had the good will to do some work and progress for development in Pakistan but later he became power hungry.. IK has alot more capability and attitude as a leader and he is quite less of a dictator then Musharraf..He is clean everywhere..just has the unusual knack of having not so clean people around him which is his only Con.

Lol do you think Musharraf took all decisions in early part of his govt. by himself? He had advisers guiding him through stuff..i must say though had early on he had the will to do some work and progress for development in Pakistan but later he became power hungry.. IK has alot more capability and attitude as a leader and he is quite less of a dictator then Musharraf..He is clean everywhere..just has the unusual knack of having not so clean people around him which is his only Con.
I know Rashid Quraishi was his advisor and may be that PCB chief during his tenure Naseem Ashraf was also one of them but most of the decision he took on that period are Proving to be right itself and most of the Political Stunts that Imran Khan had been involved has always Proved to be wrong in the end. He may not be Genuine but he was Sincere with Pakistan and he is way Above Imran Khan's league in terms of Governance At least.

I know Rashid Quraishi was his advisor and may be that PCB chief during his tenure Naseem Ashraf was also one of them but most of the decision he took on that period are Proving to be right itself and most of the Political Stunts that Imran Khan had been involved has always Proved to be wrong in the end. He may not be Genuine but he was Sincere with Pakistan and he is way Above Imran Khan's league in terms of Governance At least.

IK's decision to do a Dharna was not a political stunt, it helped put the pressure on PML-N to form judicial commission so that future elections are not rigged..if we ever get rigging free elections in the future, the credit for it goes solely to Imran Khan

when Musharraf came into power he did exactly what Nawaz likes to do, puts his own kind(Ex generals) to all govt. designations without any sort of merit..giving free house plots to them, etc..it is Moral corruption...finally you cannot directly compare IK and Musharraf's govt.s..Mushy had 8 years at the helm while IK with PTI barely formed coalition govt. with another party in a single province..give him a chance on national level and see what wonders he will do...

IK's decision to do a Dharna was not a political stunt, it helped put the pressure on PML-N to form judicial commission so that future elections are not rigged..if we ever get rigging free elections in the future, the credit for it goes solely to Imran Khan
In the end of the day he had to Agree on mostly PMLN related terms so I dont think it is anything called PRINCIPLED STAND rather it was all about creating Political Hype for Point Scoring.

when Musharraf came into power he did exactly what Nawaz likes to do, puts his own kind(Ex generals) to all govt. designations without any sort of merit..giving free house plots to them, etc..it is Moral corruption...finally you cannot directly compare IK and Musharraf's govt.s..Mushy had 8 years at the helm while IK with PTI barely formed coalition govt. with another party in a single province..give him a chance on national level and see what wonders he will do...
OK yesterday I heard Azeem Swati and another PTI leader's house were Raided and PTI use their Political Clout to save them wasnt that any different from the rest. As I said Musharraf did some Favors to people close to him in order to win more Loyalty to make his position Firm Power so he is at fault here but Imran Khan is no Different rather his good boy image that PTI try to provide is Dirty from inside. At least Musharraf has decency to ADMIT his MISTAKE that he shouldnt have Done NRO how many times does Imran Khan has shown any decency to Admit anything???

Yea shame on IK for inviting other parties to participate in the dharna..he's not a true leader cause of that..
Actually he put allegation of Apa Zahra's murder on this particular party. And there were no other parties to call other than Nanhi munhi allied ones. Even JI rubbished the "peaceful" dharna.

Back
Top Bottom