What's new

LCA to get AESA radar; US, Israeli and European companies to bid for tender

I don't understand this obsession with AESA. The main work horse in India AF is still using PESA. Feels like IAF trying hard to delay LCA induction.

I don't understand this obsession with AESA. The main work horse in India AF is still using PESA. Feels like IAF trying hard to delay LCA induction.

You have to take the bragging right into consideration.

Why hold such tenders? everyone knows that the Israelis will win:tup:
No other country produces AESA for smaller nosed aircrafts other than Israel.

There is, but this is for short term, quicker perquirement.

AESAR-FCR.jpg

zY3mtz7.jpg

oW3Wx0M.jpg

I asked this very question mainly because of one reason as sources and even the link provided above say:

"The timeline for the indigenous Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar has been set at 2017, two years from now."

So as per the quote above Uttam is arriving just next year while by then a chosen company from global tender would about to begin its work. So when Uttam is arriving then another gloabl tender doesnt make any sense, except that if Uttam program isnt on track and long delays are forseen, which reportedly aint there. If RFI is for Mark 1A then if Uttam is arriving in 2017 then why not use it on Mark 1A too as Mark 2 is has got quite a time to arrive?

India to get this, India to get that.

India to fast-track this, India to fast-track that.

Well well well! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

India to get this, India to get that.

India to fast-track this, India to fast-track that.

Well well well! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Why ask for tenders of latest radars for an already-obsolete-before-launch fighter ? Why not ask tenders for a new plane ?

O pehlay plane to ura lo gajets baad mein thos daina..hahaha
Such a failour after 29 years of struggle.

FYI Su 30 MKI has a hybrid radar.

https://defence.pk/threads/mini-awacs-the-powerful-n011m-bars-hybrid-radar-system-su-30-mki.256937/

As such the BARS is a transitional design sitting in between Passive ESAs (PESA) and contemporary AESAs. There is no doubt this design strategy reflected the unavailability to Russian designers of the Gallium Arsenide power transistors used in Western AESAs.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/mini-awa...-radar-system-su-30-mki.256937/#ixzz4SyqgapnF

India had already selected an ELTA radar, I am hearing it since 10 years, Again new tenders? WTF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom