What's new

Latest video: Bangladesh has shown interest in Mig 35 fighter aircraft

You haven't read much about 1971, otherwise you would have known that even your desire of a independent BD was hatched by us in collaboration with some of your ambitious political leaders, :) and we worked together closely long before the start of actual agitation, Pakistani leaders' high-handed approach did help us a lot though. Btw, your Mukti Bahini was built and trained inside camps in our territory, and these camps were also used as bases for launching attacks on Pak army. And we blockaded all air and sea routes for Pak reinforcements and supplies, otherwise they would have crushed your rebellion in a couple of months with a few extra battalions of soldiers, arms & ammunition and air support. Finally, even with our full support and blockade of further reinforcements, your Mukti Bahini didn't have the punch to finish it off, with total respect to their bravery, they lacked the abilities to beat a proper regimented army, and was reduced to a few scattered strongholds, without us going in, the slaughter of Bangladeshis would have continued for a few more months before the final crushing of your rebellion, good or bad.. Pakistan doesn't have the habit of letting it go, do they? Oh, btw, your country wouldn't even be recognized by the UN then without us supporting it and pitching for Bangladesh to other powerful UN members. USA, China were against the creation of Bangladesh and Mujib government would have been declared illegal & rogue if they had their way.

On topic, BD air force already has 8 basic MiG29 (6+2 trainers), they can upgrade these to BVR capability and add some more of the same instead of adding a few more of a new aircraft. MiG29 is a good A2A fighter, which is BD's primary requirement.
I will start from the end...
The mig 29s we got are already BVR capable.

Now from beginning
Tell me the 6 and then 11 terms... where was India involved in that? The national language be kept Bengali... when people died... where was India in that?

Yes the training happened in your territory... I acknowledge that. Supply of arms too
Blockades in the sea...

And yes we were losing until the mansoon started... but no... India was involved with Pakistan in the east. Indira Gandhi promised to support Bangladesh but did mention to not get involved in the east. When Pakistan assaulted in the west... you started using military force.

By the time Dhaka had to be liberated.... y'all decided to participate in the final push...
the final push was good nonetheless. Done bravely by both sides... the Pakistani and the mukhtis/Bengalis

Lmao. You didn't see about our BVR capable missile purchase? R73? Please don't come in to comment on stuff when you know more about India than Bangladesh. At least I don't when I visit the Indian forum.

Err...R73 is not a BVR missile.

Oh damn. Y'all are right. :o I guess they plan to upgrade em who knows....
Btw mig 29 SMT looks fat and heavy in my view. What y'all say?

Another military forum about BD says y'all got the R-27 (which is BVR). I don't know what the source of that info is....certainly not an out in the open more recent deal like the R-73.

As for it being fat and heavy, you have to remember its Russian :P. They never quite went for the ultra-sleek, sexy look (a la F-16) in any major warplane they made. Have you looked at the landing gear of the Mig 25/31? xD

Another military forum about BD says y'all got the R-27 (which is BVR). I don't know what the source of that info is....certainly not an out in the open more recent deal like the R-73.

As for it being fat and heavy, you have to remember its Russian :P. They never quite went for the ultra-sleek, sexy look (a la F-16) in any major warplane they made. Have you looked at the landing gear of the Mig 25/31? xD
523556_277807925660662_156035986_n2.jpg

yes,we got them(R-27) few years back..

Oh damn. Y'all are right. :o I guess they plan to upgrade em who knows....
Btw mig 29 SMT looks fat and heavy in my view. What y'all say?

Early versions of the R73 (circa late nineties) were not classified as BVR capable (~30 KM range) which falls below 37 KM threshold of BVR. However newer versions of R73 size missiles (R73M, R73M2, R74, K74 variants et al) are now past BVR capable (40 KM plus) by dint of improved solid fuel motors, as reported by VYMPEL, the Russian Manufacturer.

We have to remember however that the R-73 class and later improvements are meant to be *short* range missiles meaning 'dogfight missiles'. BVR is not their forte....................

The R-27 is a true BVR missile, with range of 80-140km. BAF reportedly has it in their inventory.

But then again, that is a much heavier missile.

Early versions of the R73 (circa late nineties) were not classified as BVR capable (~30 KM range) which falls below 37 KM threshold of BVR. However newer versions of R73 size missiles (R73M, R73M2, R74, K74 variants et al) are now past BVR capable (40 KM plus) by dint of improved solid fuel motors, as reported by VYMPEL, the Russian Manufacturer.

We have to remember however that the R-73 class and later improvements are meant to be *short* range missiles meaning 'dogfight missiles'. BVR is not their forte....................

The R-27 is a true BVR missile, with range of 80-140km. BAF reportedly has it in their inventory.

But then again, that is a much heavier missile.
I remember seeing r27 on our migs.

Hey if it ain't broke... don't fix it? :P

I remember seeing r27 on our migs too.
Had a chance to go into our base some years back.

What's the point , we got you covered, it is our responsibility to protect our tiny neighbours. :)
Is this guys serious or what, what medication are u on, go in boy back to the asylum before u hurt ur self...

They were fed well and got to Dhaka in no time at all.

Well fed and trained Indian soldiers is why your PM SHW is in power right now and so subservient to our objectives.
F****king typical indians taking meritt for russia's victory, we paid the russians back in full when we broke up thier soviet union, now go shit on a railtrack..

Without us Bangladesh wouldn't have been created for so many reasons...who do you think trained, armed & financed Mukti Bahini, and who did the blockade of Pakistani reinforcements and supplies? Besides, even then your army rebels and Mukti Bahini were cornered and reduced to some pockets, they would have been crushed eventually. Fake propaganda maybe good for pumping up BD nationalism, but do read some real history also. BD freedom fighters were brave for sure, but wasn't just capable enough to fight a professional army, you actually needed help from another professional army to do the job. Anyways...that's off-topic.
Russsia trained mukti bhni, it was a kgb opp, dont u have even a shred of honour, dont claim thier success..

We will fight together against the Chinese, shoulder to shoulder! Indo-BD friendship zindabad!

You must be on charas/bhang/ganza/tharra. The reality is otherwise. We have been waiting for PLA to climb down the Himalayas triggering disintegration of the Brahmonic contraption. Our forces will then join up with NE FFs, W Bengali patriots and others to clear our historical homeland of these usurpers. As kids e have always dreamt of freeing our homeland up to the Rajmahal Hills to retrieve our sovereignty. Right thinking Hindu Bengalis are with us.

You must be on charas/bhang/ganza/tharra. The reality is otherwise. We have been waiting for PLA to climb down the Himalayas triggering disintegration of the Brahmonic contraption. Our forces will then join up with NE FFs, W Bengali patriots and others to clear our historical homeland of these usurpers. As kids e have always dreamt of freeing our homeland up to the Rajmahal Hills to retrieve our sovereignty. Right thinking Hindu Bengalis are with us.

Your posts are always fun to read! :D

Back
Top Bottom