What's new

Lashkar readies para-gliders to launch suicide attack on India: Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dwarf

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba has acquired more than 50 para-gliding equipment from Europe, setting off alarm bells in the government that these could be used to carry out air-borne suicide attacks in the country.

The intelligence input which came barely days ahead of Republic Day celebrations has prompted authorities to ensure a tight air security around all vital installations, official sources said here on Friday.

The input about movement of overground workers, owing allegiance to LeT, in Europe led the sleuths to find out that they were on a shopping spree for para-gliding equipment, the sources said.

Security agencies have carried out mock drills in different areas in the country as part of the exercise to prevent any air-borne suicide attack by LeT terrorists.

The input bears significance in view of the fact that government has already put all Air India planes operating in the country's neighbourhood on high security alert following intelligence reports from Western agencies that the LeT and other terror groups were planning to hijack a flight.

Radars located at strategic locations have been tuned to intercept all low flying objects and authorities are not taking any chances, sources said.

A no-flying zone is already in place in capital's Luytens zone which houses the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Prime Minister's Office and key ministries like home, defence, finance, external affairs, among others.

Ahead of the Republic Day, elaborate air defence measures, including deployment of anti-aircraft guns, have also been taken to check possible intrusion of air space.

Besides, helicopters of the Indian Air Force will hover over the areas around Rajpath and all along the route of the Republic Day parade.

Earlier, intelligence reports suggested that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence had directed the militants operating in Jammu and Kashmir to use explosive-laden 'Toy Planes' to hit VIPs in the state and the national capital.

Source : Lashkar readies para-gliders to launch suicide attack on India: Intel - India - The Times of India

Yeah Lashkar e Taiba want para gliding equipment. Im sure Hafiz Saeed walked into a shop in Europe and goes could i have kits of para guiding equipment and the shopkeeper goes why? he replies to carry out suicide attacks on India. this is just soo hilarious is this what sells newspapers?
did you hear the Billionare Bin Laden is currently evaluating the F-35 among other latest tech toys for Al Queda.
Unfortunatly however stupid terrorists infact they haver clever mindsets.

Buddy, just one more terrorist attack and all your millitary would be dead and buried. This is no 90s.

Lashkar readies para-gliders to launch suicide attack on India: Intel

If LET supported by state agencies could carry out sea borne cowardly terrorist attack then such plans to carry an airborne attack cannot be ruled out. It could be suicidal for pakistan if it allowed this to happen. Indias generosity is running out.

Last edited:
Yeah Lashkar e Taiba want para gliding equipment. Im sure Hafiz Saeed walked into a shop in Europe and goes could i have kits of para guiding equipment and the shopkeeper goes why? he replies to carry out suicide attacks on India. this is just soo hilarious is this what sells newspapers?
did you hear the Billionare Bin Laden is currently evaluating the F-35 among other latest tech toys for Al Queda.
Unfortunatly however stupid terrorists infact they haver clever mindsets.

dude...r u so naive....???

when terrorists buy these stuff..do u think they use their name,....
they use false names...cover organisations.....

how do u think the terrorist networks r financed.....lots of organisations in the middle east work as cover for their money laundering and financing......

some such organisation on india intel watch list must have bought these stuff...thats y intelligence agencis might have made this report...

just bcoz its some indian report..u dont need to act smart ...u r actually showing r ignorance...

Ignorance is being showed by Indian members who are willing to post such rubbish posts here and wish to discuss it, but don't ask themselves where in hell are their security & intelligence agencies, who have let 50 of such imaginary things get into India and can't do shiiittt about the internal guys, the Indians who are helping these thugs in executing these operations.

Does these LeT men have magic or what that they get into India, with these things and eat sleep stay in India, hide these things inside India without any internal help ???? Totally absurd.

I wonder, why Indians never see into their own self.

We are much better then you guys, that if we blame India for our internal woes, atleast we do accept our own mistake and say that our own people are involved being helped by foreign elements.

But you guys always point at us, but never catch those who are inside India, who are Indians and helping such thugs.

Pathetic.

And not a single BS post, if someone has a decent answer, then reply or else don't bother, as enough of this BS allegation game.

Intel is credible otherwise why would Security forces perform such massive mock drills throughout the country at a very short notice, for thwarting such attacks. Plus the terrorist gunned down in Batla house encounter in new delhi in 2007 also did received such airborne training as revealed by his accomplices. Something is really being cooked in Muridkee and GHQ I guess.

Ignorance is being showed by Indian members who are willing to post such rubbish posts here and wish to discuss it, but don't ask themselves where in hell are their security & intelligence agencies,

Taimi sir. I guess you have no ground to term security concern of India as a rubbish and BS topic to discuss. This warning is issued by Home secretary of GOI and not bharat verma. The airport of my city looks like a garrison, with so many additional security arrangements. You think this is a prank?

Taimi sir. I guess you have no ground to term security concern of India as a rubbish and BS topic to discuss. This warning is issued by Home secretary of GOI and not bharat verma.

I have every right to say anything based on my thinking and what I see the reality.

This isn't the first time such warning have been issued, all it is for heighten the tension and for their own internal and external game.

Ignorance is being showed by Indian members who are willing to post such rubbish posts here and wish to discuss it, but don't ask themselves where in hell are their security & intelligence agencies, who have let 50 of such imaginary things get into India and can't do shiiittt about the internal guys, the Indians who are helping these thugs in executing these operations.

Does these LeT men have magic or what that they get into India, with these things and eat sleep stay in India, hide these things inside India without any internal help ???? Totally absurd.

I wonder, why Indians never see into their own self.

We are much better then you guys, that if we blame India for our internal woes, atleast we do accept our own mistake and say that our own people are involved being helped by foreign elements.

But you guys always point at us, but never catch those who are inside India, who are Indians and helping such thugs.

Pathetic.

And not a single BS post, if someone has a decent answer, then reply or else don't bother, as enough of this BS allegation game.

We have prosecuted atleast one indian in the mumbai attacks. All the indian mujahiddin who were arrested / killed are indians. so is colonel purohit and others.

All this we did without anyone else pressurising us to do it. So to say we do not look at our own failings is incorrect, however it remains our internal matter.

Terrorism emanating from other countries is an international matter. it was pakistan that did not shut down muridke, we could not have done it, hence the hoopla.

This isn't the first time such warning have been issued, all it is for heighten the tension and for their own internal and external game.

This time, its not worth taking a chance for. I think the bitter experiance of not acting on the Intelligence on sea based LET attacks previously is doing the tricks here.

I guess such kind of eternal vigil is the chief reason that we had not a single terrorist attack in India in 2009.

As far as your claim, I would call it yet another conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
logically speaking... even if they get paragliding equipment, is it really feasible to use them at a crowded place? I mean how are they gonna use it? just jump off a building or run in streets till they get the lift?

this thread looks stupid to me :coffee:

logically speaking... even if they get paragliding equipment, is it really feasible to use them at a crowded place? I mean how are they gonna use it? just jump off a building or run in streets till they get the lift?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :tup:

Para gliding and therby bypassing the external security cordons, with explosives laden suit, to sensitive nuclear installations/ ISRO facilities and blowing themselves up or killing many nuclear/ Space scientists, taking them hostages or maybe even harming the reactor, causing a nuclear disaster.

It isnt that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom