Kailash Kumar

Reaction score
Country
Suriname
Largest Ancestry by U.S. County

March 23, 2019

Largest-Ancestry.jpg

https://www.vividmaps.com/2019/03/largest-ancestry-by-u-s-county.html

Weren’t the Muslims and Mexicans overtaking the rest? This looks like a very different picture.

I never knew USA was taken over by Germans , I only found about this 1 year ago
I always thought Americans were mostly decedents of British

No traces of French even when they did Owned most of central US states 150-200 years ago

What is even more stunning is that their Last names are mostly none German

During the 1800s to the early 1900s there was massive immigration of Germans, Irish, and Italians to the the states Masaman did a vid on it a while back

Great share seems like British population calls themselves as British or American
While Germans identify themselves as German

I was confused how the Germans can outnumber British when they may have arrived much much later to America

My own expectation was it would be British (Poor class) , Scotish , Irish who came as origional colonist and together with French who had a monopoly in region

Whole colonization aspect is a bit shady still how all the native population was killed or pushed out to deserted lands

While Spanish were there in Texas / California

Great share seems like British population calls themselves as British or American
While Germans identify themselves as German

I was confused how the Germans can outnumber British when they may have arrived much much later to America

The Brits and Anglos are known as WASPS here, to be fair because of the last two World Wars Germans and Italians were forced to give up their identity and culture and become part of the mainstream

But Americans after 200 years behave quite differently then British mainlands
I really don't see much common elements in them vs British folks of modern times

Culturally they watch
  • American Football
  • Rodeo ???
  • Nascar

Completely different taste in sports also the dialect changes are now very prominent
The differences in their English speaking is also drastic

The biggest thing perhaps is they don't care about the Queen that much or the King

No traces of French even when they did Owned most of central US states 150-200 years ago

What is even more stunning is that their Last names are mostly none German

A lot of people make this mistake, but I can always spot americans with German/Dutch/Austrian ancestry immediately from their surnames. For example even without reading the biography or Donald Rumfeld , I am 100% sure the guy has german paternal ancestry, because "feld" in his surname "rumsfeld" is a german word which means "field". Similarly former american president named "Eisenhover" must be of german ancestry because "eisen" is a german word which means "iron", these are just two examples coming into my mind at this moment.

Last edited:
Which does raises an interesting point in WW2 , where were the loyalties of the German Immigrants

I have never came across an article which talks about German Immigrant's view on the whole world war 2 from their perspective and why their was no civil war between Ethnic Germans and British Americans

Which does raises an interesting point in WW2 , where were the loyalties of the German Immigrants

I have never came across an article which talks about German Immigrant's view on the whole world war 2 from their perspective and why their was no civil war between Ethnic Germans and British Americans

I heard during WW2 the Germans had a group known as the Bund I live in Queens,NY not far there is a neighborhood called Maspath its nowadays filled with recent Eastern European immigrants(Polish,Russian,Albanian,Bosnian, Serb and etc) however there use to be heavy German presence there before WW2 occured they were even anti-Jew Riots there in the 1930s lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_American_Bund

https://mashable.com/2016/07/27/nazis-madison-square-garden/#k_Og4ZghDaqC

1024px-German_American_Bund_NYWTS.jpg

Even though germans are the largest ethnic group in the breakdown of european immigrants to USA but they don't seem to have the proportionate representation in the power establishment of USA throughout the recent history of that country. The power establishment has always remained firmly in the hands of old British colonialist families right from the start of the formation of USA from George Washinton's time. German immigrants of 19th century being technically/engineering wise gifted people must have provided the brain behind the modern industrial might of USA.

Last edited:
Even though germans are the largest ethnic group in the breakdown of european immigrants to USA but they don't seem to have the proportionate representation in the political establishment of USA throughout the recent history of that country. The political establishment has always remained firmly in the hands of British colonialist families right from the start of the formation of USA from George Washinton's time. German immigrants of 19th century being technically/engineering wise gifted people must have provided the brain behind the modern industrial might of USA.

Political Establishment of the US historically and up until recently were the Colonial WASPS(White Anglo Saxon Protestants) however in the last century all of the original white groups have intermarried too much and lead to the demise of those regional cultures the Southern and Midwestern parts are last strongholds tbh mostly South but the demographics of the US are changing pretty quickly I expect there is gonna be a lot of tension in the coming decades

I have never came across an article which talks about German Immigrant's view on the whole world war 2 from their perspective and why their was no civil war between Ethnic Germans and British Americans[/QUOTE]

Most Germans and Italians in the 1930s did support their nations but the US authorities cracked down on groups linked to the Bund or Italian groups also the anti German and anti Italian enviorment lead to many Germans and Italians to stop teaching their language and cultural customs to their young as they did not want to be targets so this cause their Americanization in the decades that ensued after WW2

Back
Top Bottom