What's new

Largest Emerging Economies, E7+Pakistan, growth prospects and challenges

Electrical supply of India ... Lol
Just 19% .. Hahaha

But I think situation is vastly improved .. Powercuts in my area have vanished since 1 year

Just 19% .. Hahaha

But I think situation is vastly improved .. Powercuts in my area have vanished since 1 year

its more about the 'supply chain'. its true that India is in the position to even export electricity right now also but production and consumption has a big gap due to poor 'electricity supply infrastructure' as stated in this report :what:

please have a look on the electricity production and consumption gap of India and compare with rest of the world. its among the worse for India, ......

Electricity - production: 835.3 billion kWh (2009 est.)
country comparison to the world: 6

Electricity - consumption: 600.6 billion kWh (2008 est.)
country comparison to the world: 6

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

and for Brazil, for an example to compare, it as below:

Electricity - production: 509.2 billion kWh (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 10

Electricity - consumption: 455.7 billion kWh (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 10

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/br.html

There are too many contradictions and probabilities about India's economy in the world statistics, so I do not think India should be ranked till it is clear where its economy is going, and when its poverty and disease rates are eliminated, we can than see it as an advanced country, we should like it or not than, Otherwise these are still speculations on the economy of a very large third world country.
The facts in this thread are overwhelming.

There is a thread called development in Pakistan which might shock a lot of people in this forum.

Just 19% .. Hahaha

389729-130653857876745-Frank-Holmes_origin.jpg

China, which accounts for more than half of that $6 trillion estimate, ranks far above emerging peers in terms of infrastructure at the 65th percentile.

Emerging Markets Are Going To Spend A Massive $6 Trillion On Infrastructure In The Next Three Years - Business Insider

if we compare the overall infrastructure of E7 countries with developed nations as above, we find China having a clear lead with rest of E7 countries. above 95 percentile is considered for the developed nations and around 50% is 'alright' for the emerging economies of E7s but with 65 percentile overall infrastructure status, China is moving fast towards the developed nations. and also, more than half of the expected $6tn investments in infrastructure for next 3 years would occur in China so we would expect China at around 80% after next 4-5 years?:what: in fact, India is also catching up but they need to raise infrastructure spending to 10% of GDP, at least :agree:

There are too many contradictions and probabilities about India's economy in the world statistics, so I do not think India should be ranked till it is clear where its economy is going, and when its poverty and disease rates are eliminated, we can than see it as an advanced country, we should like it or not than, Otherwise these are still speculations on the economy of a very large third world country.

There is a thread called development in Pakistan which might shock a lot of people in this forum.

Those who rank India with E7s and closer to China also, would be wiser than you, isn’t it? :undecided: Check my previous posts of this thread and have a look on ‘investment to GDP ratio’, ‘GDP growth’ of countries during last 3 years, ‘competitiveness’ and ‘infrastructure status’ of countries where India is put in the middle of E7 countries, ‘public debt’ level at only 50% to GDP with foreign reserve almost equal to foreign debt for India and then compare Pakistan with India or with any of the E7 members, you will get your answer, why Pakistan needs to do more to come in E7? We know that all the E7 and G7/ G8 economies have a place in G20 economic group so there might be few reasons, isn’t it? If we may discuss the problem then we may try to find the solution otherwise you will keep talking for nothing:wave:.
population of Pakistan and Bangladesh is more than 15 countries of G20 but they know these two countries will never have any chance to come in this group of G20 :disagree:

Per capita income of Pakistan on PPP was more than China and India both till 1990 but now see the list as below now, Chinese are now 3 times richer than Pakistan and Indians around 1.4 times richer than Pakistanis?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...zil&countryCode=br&regionCode=soa&rank=101#br

And about the poverty and full of disease population of India? you have truth :agree:. But its half truth instead. Let we discuss it also. We have news as below which say if we include ‘undocumented’ part of GDP also, GDP of India on PPP would be around 62% higher than the current way of measuring GDP of India. We have GDP on PPP of India in 2005 as below:

“There are, however, practical difficulties in deriving GDP at PPP, and we now have two different estimates of the PPP conversion factor for 2005. India’s GDP at PPP is estimated at $ 5.16 trillion or $ 3.19 trillion depending on whether the old or new conversion factor is used,” it said.

India Now a Trillion-Dollar Economy | Impact Lab

from here, GDP on PPP of India by new method was measured as $4.5tn in 2011 so by the old method including undocumented part of GDP also, we find GDP on PPP of India would be around $7.2tn by 2011. (The difference of GDP on PPP for the developed nations were found just 2% to 5% by old method, I remember.) and again it is estimated that total number of middle class of India is 350mil with the per capita income similar to the Very High HDI countries like Argentina, Poland, Malaysia etc above $15,000 per head. This way share of Indian middle class in Indian GDP comes around $5.2tn in total of $7.2tn, leaving around $2.0tn for rest of 800mil people with per capita income of around $2,500 per head on PPP for rest of the 800mil poor people, which is similar to the countries like Bangladesh and close to Pakistan also :what:.

And also we know that total population of India at the time of freedom, in 1947, was around 341mil but they now have 350mil middle class with Very High HDI countries like Argentina, Poland, Malaysia :agree:. But as India still has around 800mil poor people with full of disease also then the blame goes to those who let the population of India increased? :meeting:

The technical answer is in post #64 and the general answer is in post #78.

I have referred to look at the thread "development in Pakistan" not to compare with India but to see how fast Pakistan is developing.

Why not.... I am talking about natural beauty ..... If little effort is put in providing sense of security to foreigner i dont see why Tourism can't earn Pakistan money.... And that sense can be provided by little security arrangements and educating people who want to visit that everything is not as bad as it looks.

I am sure the country side is beautiful, but a LOT of security improvements are needed.

Polio is already extincted in India .. No new cases reported this year
The growth rate of sex spread diseases has decreased

Even diseases like Malaria , Dengue have decreased the toll of death people

We sure have to do more on diseases like TB , Thypoid which are mainly caused by unhygienic conditions

World Competitiveness Yearbook 2012:

World-competitiveness_2012_Ireland_may312012.jpg

The most competitive nations in Europe are Switzerland (3), Sweden (5) and Germany (9), which have export-oriented manufacturing and fiscal discipline. Meanwhile, Ireland (20), Iceland (26) and Italy (40) look better equipped to bounce back than Spain (39), Portugal (41) and Greece (58), which continue to scare investors.

Emerging economies are not yet immune to turmoil elsewhere. China (23), India (35) and Brazil (46) have all slipped in the rankings, Russia (18) climbed only one place. All Asian economies have declined apart from Hong Kong (1), Malaysia (14) and Korea (22). Latin America also had a tough year, with every nation falling except Mexico (37).

World Competitiveness Yearbook 2012: Hong Kong, US and Switzerland most competitive of 59 nations; Ireland rises to 20th ranking

I don't know why people talk about the future stuffs. It's good to plan something but don't make it something the present situation.
Talk about the current scenario. As, it's 2012.

Thank you!

this kind of article which makes people delusional````it is just rubbish, apart from annual statistics

It must be their @ss which is burning like hell.....
Oh come on guyz don't make so much fun of the poor indians....India is realli 2nd in the list and Pakistan is not even near anywhere to be included within the list .....But anyways they added it to discuss it too. Maybe the future prospects change and we get into the list too.Its sad that we are far far behind in the game right now....:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom