Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman108

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
487909-muharramashuraphotoonline-1357115284-753-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: The Lahore police have submitted an application to the Punjab government for suspending cellular services in the city on account of Hazrat Imam Hussain’s (RA) Chehlum, Express News reported on Wednesday.

The application calls for suspending services in Lahore from 9am to 12am tomorrow (Thursday) in order to avert any acts of terrorism on the Chehlum of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA).

Shias processions take place every year on the 40th day of Imam Hussain’s (RA) death and have previously been targeted by terrorists.

In November on Ashura, at least five people were killed and eleven sustained injuries in twin blasts that occurred in Karachi’s Orangi Town – both blasts targeted imambargahs.

On the same day, a bomb blast in Dera Ismail Khan killed at least five people and injured over a hundred during a procession.

Shia religion is a minority in Pakistan, shold life be disrupted in the form of

1. Closed roads
2. violance
3. Disrupted telecommunication services

for the majority country ?

^^ Wahabi religion followers are even less than shias.

Should we listen to them? :D

Govt. of Asif Ali Zardari, controls what we shall have and not.
We are enslaved in Pakistan by a minority group, who is actually towing Indian agenda.

In my childhood, we used to participate in 9-10 Muharam procession but now a days Shia religion in Pakistan (alone) have transformed like a 12 month mourning.
Now, It is difficult to keep track of 9-10 Muharram mourning.

^^ Wahabi religion followers are even less than shias.

Should we listen to them? :D

Actually, there is not a single whabi and if there were they may not have been alive.

I'm deducing from the hate spewed on this forum against the imaginary sect.

Govt. of Asif Ali Zardari, controls what we shall have and not.
We are enslaved in Pakistan by a minority group, who is actually towing Indian agenda.

Towning towards india? :eek:

How exactly?

BTW mobile services should not be blocked.

Yes, Shias should be given maximum protection and I am a Sunni saying this. Firstly they should and have the right to practice their traditions, and secondly they should be able to practice this right without having to worry about a bomb explosion. Since such events become prime targets for the Taleban and other extremist groups, the authorities should take every step possible to prevent them from succeeding. And once again, I am a Sunni saying this.

Yes, Shias should be given maximum protection and I am a Sunni saying this. Firstly they should and have the right to practice their traditions, and secondly they should be able to practice this right without having to worry about a bomb explosion. Since such events become prime targets for the Taleban and other extremist groups, the authorities should take every step possible to prevent them from succeeding. And once again, I am a Sunni saying this.

Thanks brother.

There is no questions about shias having the right to practice their religion.

They should be 100% allowed to practice what they want, as they want.

However public roads are not religious properties.

The point we are making is that what Shias do antogonizes the majority population; thus shias should do it in a stadium, or a protected walled place.

is that illogical to ask ?

Every one shall be given protection in Pakistan.
Protection of a procession and rally is most difficult... e.g. is murder of BB. Our intelligence knew she had a threat and she survived an attack previously but the terrorists were insiders... i.e. her security incharge.. murdered later.

10th then 20th then 30th then 40th does Quran and Hadith say to mark these days?

Our dumba$$ officials have found a quick and easy solution to avoiding crimes from happening, switch off mobile phones. This is how our qualified educated leaders and officers are running the country.

Why not switch off the mobile phones off for ever, no bomb blasts, no nothing.

10th then 20th then 30th then 40th does Quran and Hadith say to mark these days?

I have not read Quran fully but.. if it is not mentioned in Quran than it is not obligatory.

After we have to determine the dates... and the written Islamic history dates back to hardly 300 years.

How can you imagine humans to pass on a message to generations verbally without any mistakes!

I'm still learning..

This trend has risen slowly, that now all over the year there are processions and other functions on one pretext or the other. Chehlum, chaleeswan and many others.

Decade or so ago, there was only 9-10 Muharram.

Anyways, looking at the ticker on Geo news, looks like the whole country has cell service blocked. Cities in Sindh, KPK, Punjab, Balochistan and the Northern Areas.

There is no questions about shias having the right to practice their religion.

They should be 100% allowed to practice what they want, as they want.

However public roads are not religious properties.

The point we are making is that what Shias do antogonizes the majority population; thus shias should do it in a stadium, or a protected walled place.

is that illogical to ask ?

Not illogical to ask at all. I can see what point of view you coming from but do you really think we have that many open areas/"walled areas" especially in andron shehr to accomodate all of Lahores shias? My family hails from andron shehr so I know how tight things are there. Ultimately you will have to be flexible because if you place a ban, then shias will simply ignore the ban as they will naturally want to practice their tradition. This will lead to more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom