What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

this is the point which make me worried.Baitullah cant support such attack.how can 1 man fight at different places with such a brave Army?indeed some1 is supporting him nd we should have to find it.
All u r saying nd blaming bait but this is a way giving to real culprits.isnt it?

well yes, in a way.. picking out people to do your dirty work is not very difficult in impoverished areas. You won't stop patsies by force.

You need to cut the hand that supplies these people.

Oh, I get that. But I also understand that for crooked government officials democratic law and order is the enemy of their excesses. The break-down of law and order creates the space for illegal enrichment through the power of one's office, and the selective non-exercise of executive authority ensures that things will stay that way, as long as the public is willing to tolerate it. So no matter how much money the U.S. throws at Pakistan and Afghanistan, things won't really better until Pakistanis do. Or would you rather be part of the crooked enrichment process yourself?

Wait a second! So how about first fixing up what is happening in Afghanistan? If one is to go by your way of reasoning, then all the blame is on Pakistan (which you seem very happy with). Do tell me how the Taliban are getting their funding? Pakistan can barely make ends meet and here people think that Taliban survive because of their Pakistani supporters. All the money going into the Taliban coffers is from the drug trade of Afghanistan. There is no policing! You want Pakistan to block the flow of people well then man the posts on the Afghan side so these folks do not find any gaps during the ingress/egress.

You talk about corruption, contrary to your perception, the same corruption that exists in Pakistan afflicts all of South Asia including India and BD. Despite the same levels of corruption in the past, the level of militancy that is being seen in Pakistan now was nowhere around in the 70s, 80s or the 90s. Corruption was always there...the motivation to become violent was not there. So you are right that no matter how much money is thrown into the problem it wont fix it because there is an inherent underlying problem of occupation in Afghanistan. For as long as that country remains occupied, the militancy, the drug trade, the regional rivalries will continue. Afghanistan needs a break, but the break has to come from all quarters. Do not expect things to be fine only if Pakistan gives up all of her interests and Afghanistan remains under the occupation of outsiders.

There have been reports that many killed or captured terrorists in Swat and other areas of Pakistan were not circumcised, indicating that they were not Muslims. At any rate, if Pakistan has evidence of the Indian or other foreign involvement, this is the time to make it public. The only reason GoP is not making such evidence public is due to the US/NATO pressure who insist this would escalate tension between India and Pakistan and the so called WoT would be affected.

I do not buy this circumcision deal. You can get plenty of hired guns or even indoctrinated guns to do one's dirty work and do not need to field non-Muslims to do the work of militants.

err... yes, it points to a mindset of non-acceptance and hatred towards Pakistan.
It points to a past mindset of such, perhaps. That doesn't bind the present generation, IMO. Indira Gandhi hated the idea of Pakistan, but she's gone now and I am ignorant of any current Indian leader who wishes to challenge the idea of Pakistan's existence as a separate state.

I agree with Cheetah - what's with the wild-west style firing in the air?

That's not how a disciplined unit behaves. That's how untrained militia react after they win.

If you've studied the law of gravity - which I think you have - you'll realize that the bullet will come down at pretty much the same speed at which it goes up - so if you're unlucky enough to be in the trajectory - be prepared to say hello to your grandparents.

Hi Mark. I have been reading your posts and so far in pretty much everyone of them you seem to be wanting to start some sort of an argument. First the torture thingi and now this. Please give them a break.

When a gun is fired up in the air, and when bullet reaches maximum height, it will start to drop, but when its coming back towards the earth its not as fast due to terminal velocity. It will still hurt and injure, but its not lethal! I don't know how you could have studied the law of gravity without studing terminal velocity. Its very rare that someone would due to the impact of the bullet it self. Usually those who have died is due to poor treatment of such wounds.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Slow down. There is no evidence of ISI involvement supporting Al-Qaida, however Pakistani officials have stressed to U.S. officials the Pak military attaches to supporting the Taliban. (You can debate the veracity of this linked source, but that doesn't change the fact that what it describes is what is generally believed by Western leaders, IMO.)

Pakistan Army is the biggest victim of talibanisation, and u are saying that they support taliban!! WTH??:sniper:

Talibans have killed thousands of pak soldiers, even india didn't killed more then talibans in three wars!!
First study then post!!

Last edited:
why dont u let indians speak, why r u so much putting ur neck on risk for them, i thought we are the one fighting for u not indians, but alas, loyalties have changes to our enemies
Or maybe the "enemies" you hold dear would be even more valuable as friends, if only you tried to be friends with them!

Pakistan paramilitary troops at the police training school on the outskirts of Lahore
8e2c74ea01e3f37c55dde5a80a630eae._.jpg

Note the guy on the very right he seems to be holding somesort of a sniper rifle, very interessting.

Last I remember you were the one arguing that Pakistan had to prove a negative - i.e prove its innocence instead of others proving its guilt.

You pretty much held that line, of blaming Pakistani institutions without evidence, throughout the Mumbai crises and its aftermath.

So spare us the hypocritical BS.
Don't mean to derail this thread, but wanted to clear up one important thing...

In the Mumbai case, (at least) one of the state's agencies was aware of the Pakistan connection before even a single shot was fired. By the time the s**t had hit the fan, the rest of the agencies had been filled in and significant portions of attack had been established, particularly the point of departure and transit route.

Either ways, I don't think comparisons with the Mumbai attacks will be very helpful if many of the critical underlying factors are dissimilar.

I do not buy this circumcision deal. You can get plenty of hired guns or even indoctrinated guns to do one's dirty work and do not need to field non-Muslims to do the work of militants.
Yes, and that is why I continued with "At any rate, if Pakistan has evidence of the Indian or other foreign involvement, this is the time to make it public".

Rehman Malik: Held terrorists are from Afghanistan:azn:

he is your man, he speaks your languange.
He also blamed it on LET, TTP, Jihadis etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe the "enemies" you hold dear would be even more valuable as friends, if only you tried to be friends with them!

dig out the root cause, n solve it , Kashmire accroding to UN mandate, but u will never come to this state, blaming is tactic, n keeping the ball in our court

till then we r not frisnds

Wait a second! So how about first fixing up what is happening in Afghanistan? If one is to go by your way of reasoning, then all the blame is on Pakistan (which you seem very happy with). Do tell me how the Taliban are getting their funding? Pakistan can barely make ends meet and here people think that Taliban survive because of their Pakistani supporters. All the money going into the Taliban coffers is from the drug trade of Afghanistan. There is no policing! You want Pakistan to block the flow of people well then man the posts on the Afghan side so these folks do not find any gaps during the ingress/egress.

You talk about corruption, contrary to your perception, the same corruption that exists in Pakistan afflicts all of South Asia including India and BD. Despite the same levels of corruption in the past, the level of militancy that is being seen in Pakistan now was nowhere around in the 70s, 80s or the 90s. Corruption was always there...the motivation to become violent was not there. So you are right that no matter how much money is thrown into the problem it wont fix it because there is an inherent underlying problem of occupation in Afghanistan. For as long as that country remains occupied, the militancy, the drug trade, the regional rivalries will continue. Afghanistan needs a break, but the break has to come from all quarters. Do not expect things to be fine only if Pakistan gives up all of her interests and Afghanistan remains under the occupation of outsiders.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about occupation, did I? Nor do I doubt that widespread, sweet corruption exists throughout South Asia. It sounds like you are justifying your own role in it! NATO is switching to attacking the drug trade in Afghanistan, so Afghanistan is trying to clean up its act (despite Karzai). Will you make a personal effort, too? I doubt it. Hence, the cycle continues - but it won't be quite as easy with a smaller goad of terror to prod the hoi polloi with, wouldn't you say?

Back
Top Bottom