What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

50080207_10156259226503214_3305715501711228928_n.jpg

is this project ever going to finish
These projects take time. The city I live in Toronto, it took them a decade just to add 5 more stations to extend an existing line. Granted the subway line was underground, but big ticket infrastructure projects always have time and budget overruns. Once it is constructed it will significantly benefit the people of Lahore.

I hope more such metro lines are initiated in not just Lahore but also in other cities.

is this project ever going to finish
The right question is can we in our present situation can afford massive subsidies for its day to day operation.

These projects take time. The city I live in Toronto, it took them a decade just to add 5 more stations to extend an existing line. Granted the subway line was underground, but big ticket infrastructure projects always have time and budget overruns. Once it is constructed it will significantly benefit the people of Lahore.
101% Wrong. Not only we are in no position to payback its loan but also its Interest & massive subsidies to make this project feasible for common man.
Other then that you have Metro Bus. how much benefits it has given to us. Nill. Still Occasional traffic jam & Ambulance stuck in traffic as Metro Track is empty.
Improvement is not Because of Metro but because of signal free road Bridges/U-Turn.

I hope more such metro lines are initiated in not just Lahore but also in other cities.
You do understand what you are hoping????
Its like you don't have money to pay your house expense neighbors refused or place harsh condition for little amount of money.
& You hope to Buy a Super Car.

Only small number of peoples will use such nonsense project that too with Huge Subsidies annually.

The money should have been better used if Lahore is turn in to Signal Free and all broken road repaired.
Benefits>
1>Less Imported Fuel
2> Less time on Roads
3> less wear and tear of vehicles

Underground subway would be a full diaster for us and the "intezamiya". See our country have heavy rainfall in monsoon this water in get fill it subway and thus destroy the whole infrastructure. This maybe possible after proper sewerage system have been operationalized.

A joint venture of the Chinese firms is likely to put the Lahore Orange Line Metro Train Project (OLMTP) into testing phase from Oct 20 as the entire work, including civil, electrical, mechanical, onthe Rs200bn train project is almost complete.

The testing phase is mandatory ahead of the operation (opening for the public at large) that is scheduled to be launched in December, according to official sources privy to the project. It would continue until the launch of the train service.

72036344_2272043079590044_1764545553594580992_n.jpg

Lahore Orange Line Metro Train to Become Operational in March 2020

The development work of Lahore Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) is near completion which will be officially inaugurated by Prime Minister Imran Khan in March 2020.

The value of OLMT stands at $ 1.5 billion. Exim Bank of China provided a loan of $ 1.3 billion and the rest of the project’s cost was covered by the provincial government.

The total length of the Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) track is 27 Kms. There are 26 stations with Ali Town and Dera Gujran stations serving as terminals. The track of OLMT passes through densely populated areas of the provincial capital

73472710_2290557061071979_2929273768679309312_n.jpg

Mash'allah very well done. Can anyone state the projected ridership per day? Is it at the start of this thread?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom