What's new

Kurdish police force arrests journalist for creating propaganda for Assad and SAA

Bahoz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
The Kurdish police force, Ashayish, captured and arrested journalists working for the Syrian State TV Al Akhbaria. The arrest was issued and completed in the evening hours of Tuesday the 26th of November 2013.

The arrest came as a response to a false video reportage by the Syrian News Channel ( a TV channel close to the regime) in which it was reported that some elements of the Syrian army had captured the predominantly Kurdish city of Ras al Ayn ( Serekaniye). The city of Ras al Ayn was captured by YPG forces 17 December 2012 after intense fightings with Al Qaeda Jihadists. Al Qaeda forces have ever since tried to recapture the strategically important border crossing town but without success.

The journalist, named Mohamed Tawfiq Al Saghe, and his cameraman Jamil Al-Tus, of the pro-regime Syrian News Agency Al Akhbaria, were later released by the Ashayish and were forced to leave the area. They are not to be allowed into Kurdish areas in Northern Syria until they apoligize for their false reports.

The journalist and the cameraman as seen in front of the logo of Kurdish police Ashayish.

DSC00083.JPG

اعتقال مراسل و مصور قناة الإخبارية السورية التابعة للنظام من قبل وحدة مختصة من وحداتنا.

Asayish Rogava arrested reporters Al Akhbaria to bring them a false report.

I bet the kurds will say later we have always fought for Assad

Definition of police:

"A police force is a constituted body of persons empowered by the state to enforce the law, protect property, and limit civil disorder."

Since there is no Kurdish state or/and law, there is no Kurdish police. We can refer them as militants

Here is another definition;

''
1. The governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.
a.
A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.''

Both could fit on the Kurdish ashayish. Beside, many non-state entities have a police. KRG for instance. It is not a state but it has its own police and army.

Also, the definition of militia ( >>units fighting or warring<<). does not fit since the Ashayish is not fighting. They are merily maintaining order.

Ye of course it is a militia, but let them call it police if it makes them happy not like they care about any constitution.

Ye of course it is a militia, but let them call it police if it makes them happy not like they care about any constitution.

Actually the Asayis is recognized as the official police of the interim government in Western Kurdistan.

You can read some more about them here. These various articles from various sources call them police too. The first one is actually a Syria based newspaper in English about the incident.

Kurdish Asayish Forces arrest pro-regime journalists in Al-Hassaka | Syria Newsdesk

Here is another definition;

Okay let me debunk your assessments.

1. The governmental department charged
with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.

Governmental department charged by whom ? Answer is State which brings us to my previous post.

A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.''

department -> governmental department ( see my previous post)
authorized -> authorized by whom ? state (see my previous post)

Both could fit on the Kurdish ashayish.

No, it can't as i explained above.

Beside, many non-state entities have a police. KRG for instance. It is not a state but it has its own police and army.

KRG is regional government tied to Iraqi State thus KRG police forces has been authorized by Iraqi State.

Also, the definition of militia ( >>units fighting or warring<<). does not fit since the Ashayish is not fighting. They are merily maintaining order.

let me expand the definition of militant (not militia)

"favouring confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause."

As they kidnapped Journalist they refrain them from their "Basic Human Rights" = freedom. And yes this issue is kidnapping as they don't have any authority to refrain people.

Actually the Asayis is recognized as the official police of the interim government in Western Kurdistan.

You can read some more about them here. These various articles from various sources call them police too. The first one is actually a Syria based newspaper in English about the incident.

Kurdish Asayish Forces arrest pro-regime journalists in Al-Hassaka | Syria Newsdesk

Arresting journalists ? that’s not police.
Militia, Peshmerga is a militia as well, theres only 1 state army.

Anyway I knew you will be making drama out of this so it is police, enjoy.

But it is all a result of Turkey not accepting the interim government in Western Kurdistan which is governed by the Kurdistan Supreme Committee in co operation with 20 Arab and Assyrian partys. That is not my fault that you do not recognize it. Most media outlets and sources do accept Asayish as the official police in the Kurdish, Arab and Assyrian areas located in Northern Syria and within the control of YPG and the interim government.

From Reuters via Yahoo;

A general view shows the Kurdish Security Forces Center (Asayish) that was hit by a suicide bombing on Saturday at at the Suez Canal neighbourhood in Qamishli November 25, 2013. The al-Qaeda linked Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant have claimed responsibility for the bombing which killed three people, including two members of the Asayish police force, and nine others wounded, activists said. Picture taken November 25, 2013. REUTERS/Rodi Said

From Al Arabiya;

Female members of the Kurdish police, also known as Asayis, sit together as a fellow member trains them on how to use a weapon at their headquarters in Qamshli.

From Thedailybeast;

The Kurds, from the volunteer police, or Asayis, were shorter and thinner. It was a quarrel between super-heavyweights and bantams.

They did not kidnap them because they were journalists. They kidnapped them because they were actively promoting propaganda in favour of the regime. And the Kurds are interested in throwing out all elements of the regime. In most other places of the country, pro-Assad journalists barely get out alive if they even are allowed to report in the first place.

But it is all a result of Turkey not accepting the interim government in Western Kurdistan which is governed by the Kurdistan Supreme Committee in co operation with 20 Arab and Assyrian partys. That is not my fault that you do not recognize it. Most media outlets and sources do accept Asayish as the official police in the Kurdish, Arab and Assyrian areas located in Northern Syria and within the control of YPG and the interim government.

You talk as Turkey didn't accepted and the whole world did... wake up buddy, there is no such thing.

Let me tell you, those people are doomed. They are landlocked and living at the whim of Assad's forces. When this war ends, i will pity them but it will be to late.

Arresting journalists ? that’s not police.
Militia, Peshmerga is a militia as well, theres only 1 state army.

Anyway I knew you will be making drama out of this so it is police, enjoy.

Well, if you still dispute them being police, go and have a discussion with Reuters, Yahoo, Al Arabiya, Al monitor, Thedailybeast and the local Syria Newsdesk.

Well, if you still dispute them being police, go and have a discussion with Reuters, Yahoo, Al Arabiya, Al monitor, Thedailybeast and the local Syria Newsdesk.

News agencies, they don’t bother with constitution and getting the right words used, they just want people to view their articles.

Back
Top Bottom