KP to complete two hydel projects this month

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This news went unnoticed.

KP to complete two hydel projects this month | Business Recorder

Two hydel power projects including 2.6 megawatt Machai (Mardan) and 17 megawatt Ranolia (Kohistan) will complete by the end of the current financial year, said the White Paper of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget for financial year 2015-16.

The Energy and Power Department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through its attached wing Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organisation (PEDO) is operating four hydropower stations in Malakand, Swabi and Chitral that are generating 105 megawatts of electricity. Besides, power generation revenue of Rs 2.5 billion is also generated for the province through these power stations.

The department is working on conducting feasibility studies and construction of additional hydropower stations to increase power generation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

PEDO has conducted the pre-feasibility studies of 10 raw sites and these sites have been advertised for award to private sector.

Under Action Plan 2012-22, the organisation has started work on six hydel projects with installed capacity of 252 MW, ie 84 MW Gorkin Matiltan (Swat), 36 MW Daral Khwar (Swat), 41 MW Koto (Lower Dir), 11.8MW Karora (Shangla), 10.2 MW Jabori (Mansehra), 69 MW Lawi (Chitral).

Tendering phase of execution process is underway for 3 sites out of the six, ie 10.2 MW Jabori (Mansehra), 11.8 MW Karora (Shangla), 40.8 MW Koto (Lower Dir).

The paper said that various investment proposals are under consideration of provincial government for three projects with cumulative capacity of 426 MW, approved by ECNEC on December 31, 2013, on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode which include 150 MW Sharmai (Dir), 144 MW Shusghai-Zhendoli (Chitral) and 132 MW Shogo Sin (Chitral).

Similarly, feasibility studies of the fifteen (15) hydro power projects have been completed and execution of 356 mini/micro hydel projects of 10kW-500kW capacity each has been started in Malakand and Hazara Divisions with 20% cost contribution by the community. The feasibility studies of 141 sites have been completed and construction work on 41 projects started. Out of which 20 projects will be completed by the end of July 2015.

Furthermore, in order to harness alternative energy resources for power generation work on solar energy projects has been started. Under this project 20 villages with a total of 5670 houses will be electrified through solar standalone home system in Central, Southern and Northern Districts of the province.

Under the plan, each household will be provided with two solar panel, two 100 Ampere batteries, two fans, three LED Lights and one mobile charger. To promote industries and economic growth, the provincial government has decided to divert power from Pehur Hydel Power Station to Gadoon Industrial Estate, and to establish industrial estate near generation units to provide cheap energy to the industries. In this regard, a consultancy was awarded to look into all available options. The consultancy report has been received and action is underway.

-------------------------------

Also, two days ago Asad Umer hinted how Federal Govt is trying to sabotage or delay power projects of KPK govt. Watch this video:

@Leader @pkuser2k12 @Horus @Jango @TankMan @NaMaloom @WAJsal @Pukhtoon @ghilzai @Jzaib @Bratva @syedali73 @Bilal. @notorious_eagle @Arsalan @ajpirzada @Aether @Norwegian @SBD-3 @Muhammad Omer @Death Adder @Shamain @Akheilos

11535676_776333522464216_8547945810183660597_n.jpg

it is all lie as KPK govt has just allocated just 3 billion Rupees fot power sector in 15-16 budget.

both completed projects are of 56 MWatts each as Asad Umer said .and now two other projects are completed as mentioned in this thread but federal government is not attaching completed dams with national grid even after kpk government gave them 55 crore rupees in advance to lay down the transmition line.

Last edited:
it is all lie as KPK govt has just allocated just 3 billion Rupees fot power sector in 15-16 budget.

Go ahead and bust it with proofs, I'll be happy to apologize if you are able to prove this as a lie.

Yet another slap on the face of the ignorant...

BTW, any idea how much is the demand for KPK at the moment and what is the forecast for the next 5 years?

Don't have exact numbers, but last I checked KP was producing way more than its provincial needs. But the power current projects are generating has to be added to national grid. The new projects which are done by KP govt will be solely under KP govt's authority.

Yet another slap on the face of the ignorant...

BTW, any idea how much is the demand for KPK at the moment and what is the forecast for the next 5 years?

I have seen with my own eyes work in progress at different hydro projects, dams and run of river projects. its being done, saw one in Kalaam completed myself.

KP is producing around 3000 MW and its total need is around 1500-2000 MW, but since it goes to National Grid, therefore, they dont have the prior right on mega projects.

not sure of need by 5 year. KP govt is not working on optimum level but its going in right direction. probably the only govt doing what needs to be done.

Go ahead and bust it with proofs, I'll be happy to apologize if you are able to prove this as a lie.

Don't have exact numbers, but last I checked KP was producing way more than its provincial needs. But the power current projects are generating has to be added to national grid. The new projects which are done by KP govt will be solely under KP govt's authority.
Project Details - Electra Consultants it started in 2009 and has nothing to do with PTI govt . if KPK govt takes for such a small project 3 years ,
http://www.nepra.org.pk/Licences/Licence Application/Ranolia SHYDO (17 MW).PDF
It is a ADB financed project which has nothing to do with the performance of PTI govt , it started in 2010 and was supposed to be operational in 2014 .now still it is not complete despite 2 years of PTi govt and it is such a small project .
How PTI kpk govt is taking the credit for which it has got no contribution from financing to execution . If it can take 3 years for 16 +2.5 mwatts , it is peanuts as our demand is much more than that . If PTI really wants to do something , first do something and dont try to spread lies .

I have seen with my own eyes work in progress at different hydro projects, dams and run of river projects. its being done, saw one in Kalaam completed myself.

KP is producing around 3000 MW and its total need is around 1500-2000 MW, but since it goes to National Grid, therefore, they dont have the prior right on mega projects.

not sure of need by 5 year. KP govt is not working on optimum level but its going in right direction. probably the only govt doing what needs to be done.
http://www.nepra.org.pk/Licences/Licence Application/Ranolia SHYDO (17 MW).PDF pls see the report (from page 17 onwards )of sarhad hydel power 2012 , in 2013 4 projects of about 105 mwts , phur , malakand , shishi , reshun were completed , while malachai 2.6 mwatts , renolia 17 mwatts and daral khawar 36 mwatts were inder construction with the funding of ADB , These were already supposed to be completed in 2014 . All the funding from ADB was arranged by previous govt and the execution was done by prevoius govt and has got nothing to do with current pti kpk govt . PTI has not done anything for power generation and has got no significant allocation for energy sector in 15 -16 budget .

Just grow up boy , KPK govt has no 3000 mwatts generation , it is terbella dam which was not built by kpk govt , it was built by federal govt and the whole nation paid for that . it is a national asset not a kpk asset .

Back
Top Bottom