What's new

Kingdom Strikes Again?

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As this years summer came to an end, Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan twice approachedVladimir Putin with a deal to back away from the Syrian conflict. He apparently offered the Russian president $15 billion in weapons contracts, Putin declined. It was then alleged that Bandar offered up a lions share in the oil market, supposedly giving Russia a chance to ‘control the world’s oil market’ with some kind of deal between OPEC and Russia, again only if Russia stopped supporting the Syrian government. For good measure, Bandar allegedly offered up protection for the upcoming Winter Olympics but with a caveat, I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the Games are controlled by us.’’
Is the Russian terror attack related to Saudi Prince Bandar’s alleged threats?
===================

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord. I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” he allegedly said.

Prince Bandar went on to say that Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on an off. “These groups do not scare us. We use them in the face of the Syrian regime but they will have no role in Syria’s political future.”

Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria - Telegraph

================
since the not so veiled threat was rejected by Putin so the words were put into action

52c029f19ec2a.jpg

Female suicide bomber kills 14 at Russia train station

MOSCOW: A female suicide bomber killed 14 people Sunday when she blew herself up at the main train station in the southern city of Volgograd, raising concerns about security in Russia just six weeks before the Sochi Olympic Games.

The unidentified woman set off her charge after being stopped by a police officer at the metal detectors at the entrance to the station while it was packed with people travelling to celebrate the New Year, regional officials said.

Footage of the blast captured by a nearby camera showed a huge fireball blow out the front doors and a row of windows from the grey stone three-story building, before huge billows of smoke poured out as people scattered along the street.

Russia's Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said officials had launched an inquiry into a suspected “act of terror”.

“A suicide bomber who was approaching a metal detector saw a law enforcement official and, after growing nervous, set off an explosive device,”Markin said in televised comments.

Officials said at least 34 people were injured by the blast that had the explosive equivalent of more than 10 kilogrammes (16 pounds) of TNT. It was the deadliest attack in Russia for almost three years.
Olympic security fears

The city of Volgograd, known as Stalingrad in the Soviet era, was already attacked in October by a female suicide bomber with links to Islamists fighting federal forces in the nearby volatile North Caucasus.

The October 21 strike killed six people aboard a crowded bus and immediately raised security fears ahead of the February 7-23 Winter Games in Sochi.

The Black Sea city lies 690 kilometres (425 miles) southwest of Volgograd and in direct proximity to the violence ravaging daily in North Caucasus regions such as Dagestan and Chechnya.

Militants are seeking to impose an Islamist state throughout Russia's North Caucasus. Their leader Doku Umarov has ordered rebels to target civilians outside the region and disrupt the Olympic Games.

President Vladimir Putin staked his personal reputation on the Games' success by lobbying for Sochi's candidacy before the International Olympic Committee and then spending more than $50 billion (36 billion euros) for the event.

The Kremlin said Putin was “immediately” informed of the attack.--------------

further reading

Female suicide bomber kills 14 at Russia train station - DAWN.COM

===============
Rest in peace to the dead. frustrated with Western response to Syria and Iran it looks like that the threats are now being put into action. it will be interesting to see that how the strong man of Russia responds to it but the fingers will be pointed at the Kingdom and its prince who has lately developed the habit of threatening the countries with terrorist attacks.

Last edited:
I dont think saudis have that much clout, and even if they have they wont be that stupid. Moscow can screw them many time over and americans are not really keen on saving king's *** now a days.

If it was done by bandar then Russia will not only make monkey out of him but they will make monkey out of Saudi Arabia.
its all speculation but its no secret that the petro dollars from the middle east oil rich countries is funding the AL Qaeda's global Jihad.

its just a convenient coincidence that Bandar not once but at least two times threatened the heads of states with terrorism. he is known to have threatened Tony Blair saying that he couldnt rule out the re happening of London bombing if his government didnt call off the probe in to the AL Yamamah deal.

Russia may be down but it's not out, Bandar is really a monkey!
please dont insult an innocent primate (I mean prince Bandar Bin Sultan)
monkey is a real devil, we have a local saying .. what if a monkey gets hold of a matchbox in jungle...

Kingdom won't mess with Russia. C'mon.

They can only terrorize and kill countries like Pakistan etc...

its all speculation but its no secret that the petro dollars from the middle east oil rich countries is funding the AL Qaeda's global Jihad.

its just a convenient coincidence that Bandar not once but at least two times threatened the heads of states with terrorism. he is known to have threatened Tony Blair saying that he couldnt rule out the re happening of London bombing if his government didnt call off the probe in to the AL Yamamah deal.

monkey is a real devil, we have a local saying .. what if a monkey gets hold of a matchbox in jungle...
These are all speculation. The idea that saudis can threaten russia and UK is complete bonkers.
Caucasus is burning for quite long and this level of attack has happened many times earlier. They are perfectly capable of doing it themselves, which is much simpler explanation of event that happened.
RT and press TV are unreliable news source.

These are all speculation. The idea that saudis can threaten russia and UK is complete bonkers.
Caucasus is burning for quite long and this level of attack has happened many times earlier. They are perfectly capable of doing it themselves, which is much simpler explanation of event that happened.

this is why I avoid using them as source and always try to use the "mainstream media" which tells us only the truth and nothing but truth which we must believe without doubt if we love the freedom and dont want the terrorists to win"

I have built up my argument on some sources other than the two which are always rejected for right or wrong reasons. we are armchair analysts here some of us use the power of our writing skills some use rhetoric with a mix of whatever sources (do you have a link?) we can find. you also know I am someowhere in the middle of that crowd but I always avoid a baseless argument and bully the readers to agree with me because I am someone special.

one of the links in my post was from guardian and reference to the threat to Tony Blair check the following UK based sources.; this is one of the events which has been even discussed in radio and tv talkshows too

Threats to Tony Blair

source Guardian
==========
BAE: secret papers reveal threats from Saudi prince | World news | The Guardian

Saudi Arabia's rulers threatened to make it easier for terrorists to attack London unless corruption investigations into their arms deals were halted, according to court documents revealed yesterday.

Previously secret files describe how investigators were told they faced "another 7/7" and the loss of "British lives on British streets" if they pressed on with their inquiries and the Saudis carried out their threat to cut off intelligence.

Jab geedar ki maut aati hai to wo shahar ki taraf bhagta hai .

The deaths of at least 16 people in a suicide bombing in southern Russia on Sunday fit a pattern of recent terror attacks and increased the focus on already-heavy security for the Sochi Olympics in six weeks, U.S. scholars of Russia say.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the bombing in Volgograd, but it came several months after Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov called for attacks against civilian targets in Russia, including the Sochi Games. Umarov, the self-proclaimed emir of a terrorist group that calls itself the Caucasus Emirate, has called on Muslims to prevent the Olympics from occurring.

"An open question is how much authority he really has over these different groups," said Jeffrey Mankoff, deputy director and fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies' Russia and Eurasia Program. "A lot of the attacks seem to be inspired by Umarov but may not be directly controlled by him."

Suicide bombing in Russia highlights Olympics security

Last edited:
Successive suicide bombings in Russia kill over 30

MOSCOW (AP) -- A suicide bomber killed 14 people aboard an electric bus in the southern Russian city of Volgograd during the Monday morning rush hour, and authorities believe it was the work of the same group that set off a bomb at the railway station a day earlier.

Vladimir Markin, the spokesman for Russia's main investigative agency, said Monday's explosion involved a bomb similar to the one used in Sunday's attack at the city's main railway station.

"That confirms the investigators' version that the two terror attacks were linked," Markin said in a statement. "They could have been prepared in one place."

Markin said a suicide attacker was responsible for the bus explosion, reversing an earlier official statement that the blast was caused by a bomb left in the vehicle's passenger area. At least 14 people were killed and nearly 30 were wounded, according to public health officials.
News from The Associated Press

I hope Russians catch these Monsters before they strike again

i can see @ss of shia members is on fire right now
Allah says that we should fight our enemies as they fight us.Russia is responsible for slaughter of sunni's as it supplies weaponary to Assad.Payback time ruskies..
To hell and good riddance

I

Issuing a threat and carrying it out are two different things. If, they have done it, there has been an over reach by the Saudis of gargantuan proportions. While, the timing is suggestive, it will prove fatal if the threat has been carried out (which I doubt).

If there is a US friendly government in the middle east, which will provide shock proof oil, it is only a matter of time before the House of Saud becomes irrelevant in geo-politics. Like it has been proven, all the money in the world cannot help you, when you seem to seek WMD, which will threaten 'peaceful' countries. Quite a few examples to go around.

i can see @ss of shia members is on fire right now
Allah says that we should fight our enemies as they fight us.Russia is responsible for slaughter of sunni's as it supplies weaponary to Assad.Payback time ruskies..
To hell and good riddance

Please dont get Shia Sunni into this debate too man!

Back
Top Bottom