What's new

King Abdullah stadium to be ready by year-end

Yes, my fault. Added a wrong picture.

2rqemv4.jpg

Check this out btw:

King Abdulaziz International Airport Development Project

i watched that YT video since day one and look works bin ladin is doing there. sometime i visit site also its going great all of the main roads from madinah road to 80 will be connected also . its nice ATC already rise can bee seen from far away . luckily they are going to use same old runways so it will finish quickly . 34 and 16 LR will be for new airport and i think . they design it to fit between two of them . soon it will stand . i wish i fly from new jeddah to new islamabad soon .the old last one may be used by royals terminal and air force .

Awesome "sauce"?

Man, we should have held that World Cup in 2022, not tiny Qatar which is just an island of our Gulf coast. Should be part of our country in the first place.

Although a few laws here and there for tourists to arrive in huge numbers, would have needed to be changed before 2022, LOL.

It is going to be an awesome stadium though.

its impossible for saudi arabia to hold any major event . simple reason we dont admit to existence of Israel AND we dont allow alcohol to be used publicily . the whole point of these games is for people to watch while intoxicated (most of them anyways ) .

thats the reason and I am comfortable with it

its impossible for saudi arabia to hold any major event . simple reason we dont admit to existence of Israel AND we dont allow alcohol to be used publicily . the whole point of these games is for people to watch while intoxicated (most of them anyways ) .

thats the reason and I am comfortable with it

Then why were Qatar awarded the games? I am not sure, don't remember, but Qatar will not serve real alcohol for the football fans.

Anyway just saying that the potential is enormous if some of the laws were more liberal in terms of tourism. Numerous large events have already been held in KSA. You must be referring to international sporting events where sale of alcohol is a must in the West.

But remember that alcohol is not sold during Premier League games in England anymore. So.....

Hejaz is going to be even more awesome than it already is. Can't wait. I believe that it can be a real tourism hub. We have everything. Ancient history, beautiful mountains. tropical beaches, several hundreds of tropical islands in the beautiful Red Sea just in one province (Tabuk), second biggest coral reef in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the most unexplored one (should attract all divers from across the world) greenery, steppes, all kind of deserts (rocky, hilly, volcanic), Mada'in Saleh, volcanic craters, ancient villages and towns, top modern towns and architecture, beautiful architecture, great cuisine, diversity in terms of people, Makkah and Madinah and a strategic position. Levant in the North, Yemen in the South, Egypt across the Red Sea and Najd/remaining Arabian Peninsula just to the east.

Not to mention good weather :-)cool:) all year around! If it gets too hot/warm for some then escape to Ta'if in Hejaz, a big city located 2000 meters above sea level and it has a pleasant temperature/weather all year around and even snowfalls during winter is not uncommon.

All the projects, improvements of the infrastructure, improvements of the holy sites etc. will be a great help.

Also we need even more top class stadiums since our national football team has a hard/weak period. Despite having a very successful history (4 World Cup appearances) 3 times winners of the Asian Cup (only Japan have more wins - 4), most final appearances, great football league etc. Although King Fahd stadium in Riyadh, despite being 26 years and having hosted the Confederations Cup the first 3 times we could need even newer and even better stadiums.

FIFA Confederations Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, I forgot to wish you good luck in the World Cup qualifications, Blackeagle. I really hope that you make it!:yay:

EDIT: Let us also not forget this project in Jeddah. Biggest skyscraper in the world. First over 1000 meters tall! Itself a potential huge tourism attraction. Or all the new economical cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Tower

nxw9so.jpg

We just, IMO, need to make it easier for non-Saudis to visit our country. The current rules cause them great difficulties. I know it could cause controversy in our country but this is only my opinion. Would also change some of the stereotypes that non-Arabs and non-Muslims have overnight not that this should ever be our main concern!

Then why were Qatar awarded the games? I am not sure, don't remember, but Qatar will not serve real alcohol for the football fans.

Anyway just saying that the potential is enormous if some of the laws were more liberal in terms of tourism. Numerous large events have already been held in KSA. You must be referring to international sporting events where sale of alcohol is a must in the West.

But remember that alcohol is not sold during Premier League games in England anymore. So.....

have you been to qatar ? I have and alocohol is served . even as a Saudi you can purchase alcohol from hotel bars . qatar is quite lax on alcohol now compared to what is used to be

have you been to qatar ? I have and alocohol is served . even as a Saudi you can purchase alcohol from hotel bars . qatar is quite lax on alcohol now compared to what is used to be

Yes, I have but I don't drink alcohol and never have despite living in USA for 1 year due to studies, currently studying in Denmark and having lived in France for 3 years due to my father's work.

The point being is that there was controversy on whether they would allow public sales of alcohol or during the games. From what I remember the verdict, for now at least, was not to allow it.

In England during Premier League games alcohol is neither allowed to purchase nor drink.

Exactly, hotel bars and some restaurants. Different "animal" so to speak. Not any different to every GCC country apart from KSA, although I assume that alcohol is consumed in the compounds.

in the uk you cannot drink in your seat but the tills found in the stadiums sell beer and alcohol . so you can drink during the game just not in your seat . even if we do solve the issue of alcohol then you have the issues of females barely wearing any clothes during the games and in the stadium and in and around the city . as well as the heat . then the biggest of them all Israel .
those issues keep you from having the global event take place in saudi arabia

Yes, I have but I don't drink alcohol and never have despite living in USA for 1 year due to studies, currently studying in Denmark and having lived in France for 3 years due to my father's work.

The point being is that there was controversy on whether they would allow public sales of alcohol or during the games. From what I remember the verdict, for now at least, was not to allow it.

In England during Premier League games alcohol is neither allowed to purchase nor drink.

Exactly, hotel bars and some restaurants. Different "animal" so to speak. Not any different to every GCC country apart from KSA, although I assume that alcohol is consumed in the compounds.

in the uk you cannot drink in your seat but the tills found in the stadiums sell beer and alcohol . so you can drink during the game just not in your seat . even if we do solve the issue of alcohol then you have the issues of females barely wearing any clothes during the games and in the stadium and in and around the city . as well as the heat . then the biggest of them all Israel .

Oh, ok. Well, I think that is is possible to make a major sport event without alcohol. Barely any clothes?

Qatar and the Gulf in general gets more hotter during the summer. KSA is a huge country with different climates depending on the region and geography. A lot of different host cities could be chosen to solve that problem quickly especially in the many mountain regions in the South and West, in Hejaz or in the Northwest.

Israel? What have they to do with it? Just make them fail to qualify.:cheesy:

Anyway Qatar is basically a Saudi island a few km from the Eastern Province in KSA so it is nearly like having the World Cup ourselves, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom