What's new

Khattak to inaugurate 40.8 MW Koto Hydro Dam in Dir today

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mr Pervez Khattak, Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will perform ground breaking ceremony of 40.8 MW Koto Hydropower Project, District Dir (Lower)

Koto Hydropower project is located on Panjkora river upstream of Timergara town in Distt: Dir (Lower). Salient features and status of the project is;
  • Name of River : Panjkora
  • Discharge : 126 Cusecs
  • Head : 38 Meters
  • Capacity : 40.8 MW
  • Tunnel Length : 1.76 Km
  • Energy : 205 Gwh
  • Revised cost of project : Rs: 14.765 Billion
  • Approximate revenue per annum : Rs: 1.970 Billion @Rs. 9.62 per unit
  • Completion : Dec 2018

10505235_902824886407496_8067764639695153687_o.jpg

11403350_1624554911162583_5642317389028112191_n.jpg

11667436_1624554971162577_8410793967063614084_n.jpg

11659288_1624554947829246_1522425701727019444_n.jpg

Brief Project History:

Jan 20, 2015
The bidding process of 40.8 MW Koto Hydropower Project has been successfully completed; and The Executing Agency (i.e. PEDO) has awarded the EPC Contract for the project to the successful bidder i.e. the joint venture of M/s Sichuan Geological Engineering Complex China, M/s Sarwar & Co Pvt. Ltd. Pakistan, M/s Silian Technical Import & Export Co. Ltd. Chongqing China & M/s Chongqing Luyang Engineering Design Co. Ltd. China. The Agreement for EPC Contract of 40.8 MW Koto Hydropower Project has been signed on 19th January 2015 between Executing Agency (PEDO) and the Contractor (M/s SICHUAN-SARWAR-SILIAN-CHONGQING JV) in presence of the Management Consultant (M/s Electra Consultants in association with INTEGRATION Germany ) at PEDO House Peshawar. The Project Construction Cost is 12.59 billion with a Scheduled time of 48 months.

Source:
News and Events - Electra Consultants
Bids Invitation Koto Hydro Power Project Lower Dir

@Aether @syedali73 @TankMan @sadiqqs @Khalidr @Norwegian @pkuser2k12 @Bilal. @Leader @Ryz09 @yesboss @Atanz @Akheilos @GIANTsasquatch @Rasengan @RoadRunner401 @chauvunist @NaMaloom @Rajput_Pakistani @Jzaib @Malik Abdullah @farhan_9909 @Fawad Mahsud @CHARGER @Pak_Sher @Horus @Jango @Pukhtoon @ghilzai @Bratva @notorious_eagle @Arsalan @ajpirzada @SBD-3 @Muhammad Omer @Death Adder @Shamain @Akheilos @nomi007 @yesboss @New Resolve @Evil Flare @Malik Abdullah @aks18 @Khalidr

Last edited:
I have no political affiliation or interests in PTI, however its commendable to see some progress towards creating electricity for the country. However, they must focus on bigger projects and co-operate with new rising institutions such as JICA and AIIB for funding projects. Anyway congratulations to Pakistan and PTI supporters.

I know this project...this project was actually approved for construction in ANP times (hate this) and not now...How ever fortunately credit will go to PTi, but the reality is far from this...Many other project just like Lawi (69 MW), Matiltian (84 MW), Karora 12 MW, Jabori 10 MW, Machai 2.6 MW, Ranolia 17 MW were intitated in ANP Zardari era...

I know this project...this project was actually approved for construction in ANP times (hate this) and not now...How ever fortunately credit will go to PTi, but the reality is far from this...Many other project just like Lawi (69 MW), Matiltian (84 MW), Karora 12 MW, Jabori 10 MW, Machai 2.6 MW, Ranolia 17 MW were intitated in ANP Zardari era...

Yes, they were just planned as part of vision 2020 for hydel projects. Most of the projects remained in papers for years. I have shared a link in my original post in which the feasibility was completed in late 2014 and then tender bids were done in Jan 2015.

Since the PTI took the office from 2013, No new hydropower or any energy power project has been undertaken, thanks to Imran khan arrogancy and no good relation with the federal gov...NS and Co. are not funding any new project in KPK... this will really hurt PTi efforts to combat energy deficiency here in KPK.

Yes, they were just planned as part of vision 2020 for hydel projects. Most of the projects remained in papers for years. I have shared a link in my original post in which the feasibility was completed in late 2014 and then tender bids were done in Jan 2015.
Actually i have made these google drawings and salient features four days ago... so please i know what is what actually...no offence...

Excellent, need to establish MANY more like this, make that area self sufficient and as next step, offer free electricity ot any new industry that will be established in that area. This will create thousands of jobs and will go a long way in generating revenue for the government. That area is also rich in many mineral resources, perhaps we can attract some relevant industry and lure them with free electricity.

Tell that to Federation (who seems least interested in working for electricity) who wont help them get enough grants....All grants go through federation....

The provincial government is allowed to tender projects up to 100 MW and does not need the approval of the central government on projects that have been already laid out by Wapda. Every province in China has its own brand of companies which have the capability to construct and finance dams in its local jurisdiction. However since the market has become saturated in China, a green signal has been given for them to invest in abroad. So far only the most well known Chinese companies have entered the market, however all government institutions should target all these other SOEs, such as Datang from Yunnan who would definitely do a trial investment of $100-200 million. Unfortunately no one in Pakistan is competent enough to bring this issue forward.

Last edited:
Since the PTI took the office from 2013, No new hydropower or any energy power project has been undertaken, thanks to Imran khan arrogancy and no good relation with the federal gov...NS and Co. are not funding any new project in KPK... this will really hurt PTi efforts to combat energy deficiency here in KPK.

Actually i have made these google drawings and salient features four days ago... so please i know what is what actually...no offence...

Ok.. :lol:

Here a little bit from my side
''M/s Associated Consulting Engineers – ACE (Pvt.) Ltd. were assigned the task of conducting Feasibility Study of three Hydropower Projects i.e. Koto HPP, Karora HPP and Jabori HPP Project in August 2008 and completed the task in August 2011''
:D

I am myself PTi fan...but not a blind one

Here a little bit from my side
''M/s Associated Consulting Engineers – ACE (Pvt.) Ltd. were assigned the task of conducting Feasibility Study of three Hydropower Projects i.e. Koto HPP, Karora HPP and Jabori HPP Project in August 2008 and completed the task in August 2011''
:D

I am myself PTi fan...but not a blind one

That feasibility was done in 2008 and then the project was buried. I have never rejected that this project was never proposed in past. What I am saying is, its current KP govt who decided to bring this project back to life, the new feasibility was done in late 2014 on order of current KP govt, tenders were assigned in Jan 2015 and today the project is officially going to launch. If the project was just proposed in 2008, then it doesn't take away the credit from current KP govt who has put all the efforts to bring this project back to life and make it a reality. Give credit where its due.

In case you didn't read my original post, here it is for you again:

Jan 20, 2015
The bidding process of 40.8 MW Koto Hydropower Project has been successfully completed; and The Executing Agency (i.e. PEDO) has awarded the EPC Contract for the project to the successful bidder i.e. the joint venture of M/s Sichuan Geological Engineering Complex China, M/s Sarwar & Co Pvt. Ltd. Pakistan, M/s Silian Technical Import & Export Co. Ltd. Chongqing China & M/s Chongqing Luyang Engineering Design Co. Ltd. China. The Agreement for EPC Contract of 40.8 MW Koto Hydropower Project has been signed on 19th January 2015 between Executing Agency (PEDO) and the Contractor (M/s SICHUAN-SARWAR-SILIAN-CHONGQING JV) in presence of the Management Consultant (M/s Electra Consultants in association with INTEGRATION Germany ) at PEDO House Peshawar. The Project Construction Cost is 12.59 billion with a Scheduled time of 48 months.

Source: Bids Invitation Koto Hydro Power Project Lower Dir

Back
Top Bottom