What's new

Khaleda Urged to Raise Hilsha Supply to Kolkatta

I dont eat fishes with bones unless they are big bones. Try smoke Hilsha, best way to taste hilsha if you don't like picking out the bones. Best taste ever!

This is not even an import export thing.... Without farakka the fish would have swam up into west Bengal anyhow. They can't anymore hence the reliance on import from Bangladesh. Without effective fisheries policy backed up by a heathy river system Hilsha would soon be a thing of the past.

Issue is simple here, if india doesn't remove dam and restore ecology they can only expect Hilsha bones. We are are ready to export Hilsha bone to india.

Just dynamite the barrage segment by segment in the winter when there is little water. Farakka was built to punish east Pakistan/Bangladesh. A good relationship can restart only with the dismantling of this bad barrage.

If I had my way, I would have created a Bangladesh affairs ministry and gave it Mamata. She would have sorted out the jamati types in 3 days at max. :lol:

And we will then endorse to the GoB to appoint Idune of PDF to a post of Minister without Portfolio. He will take care of Mamata Bannerji.

Issue is simple here, if india doesn't remove dam and restore ecology they can only expect Hilsha bones. We are are ready to export Hilsha bone to india.

As if you have anything else to export.:lol:

Over 700kg hilsa seized while being smuggled

Thursday, November 1, 2012
Akhaura, Benapole Borders
Over 700kg Hilsa seized while being smuggled
Star National Desk

Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) yesterday seized over 700 kilograms of hilsa while being smuggled to India through two borders.

Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) of 12 Battalion at Sarail in Brahmanbaria arrested a man and seized 505 kilograms of hilsa fish from his possession on Akhaura By-pass Road yesterday.

The arrestee was identified as Md. Rony, 28, of Kalikapur village in Akhaura upazila of the district, reports our correspondent.

According to BGB sources, Rony was smuggling the fish to India by a pickup van. On information, a team of BGB, headed by Subedar Mohosin, intercepted the van and arrested him along with the fish.

The arrestee was handed over to Akhaura PS and the seized fish was deposited to Akhaura custom office, the BGB sources said.

Our Correspondent in Benapole, Jessore adds: BGB recovered 210 kilograms of hilsa fish from a human hauler in Rail Crossing area of Benapole Checkpost early yesterday.

Checkpost camp incharge Badsha Mia said, acting on a secret information, a team of BGB-26 raided the area and seized the hi

Back
Top Bottom