What's new

Khaleda not happy with Hefajat programmes

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Star and Prothom Alo are mouthpiece of Anti islam and anti nationalist bloc from very beginning. It was this Daily Star and Prothom Alo ran propaganda that ISI gave money to BNP. Which later proved to be sheer lie. Daily Star and Prothom Alo pitching up their anti BNP lie to cover up their anti ISlam and Muslim activities.

@kobiraaz Thanks for clarifying and busting these myths by The Daily Black Hole (the star died).

Watched the entire video.

It seems Tareq Rahman had grown much more matured than before. I heard he is studying law over there.

What do you guys think? Can he be the PM of this nation? Does he have any game plan?

@kobiraaz Thanks for clarifying and busting these myths by The Daily Black Hole (the star died).

It seems Tareq Rahman had grown much more matured than before. I heard he is studying law over there.

What do you guys think? Can he be the PM of this nation? Does he have any game plan?

Yes his words do seem more leader-like. But i hope he leads an honest life if he must be pm. I am just dreaming though :hang2:

Yes his words do seem more leader-like. But i hope he leads an honest life if he must be pm. I am just dreaming though :hang2:

46958_450779831663236_296751835_n.jpg

Hefajat breaks BNP’s heart
Angry at soft programme, main opposition decides not to support its hartal today

fr025.jpg

Just a day’s hartal called by the Hefajat-e Islam appears to have upset the BNP, which wanted tougher action from the Islamist group to make April a turning point in the opposition alliance’s oust-govt movement.
The main opposition party had expected that Hefajat men from their Motijheel rally on Saturday would announce agitation programmes such as non-stop shutdowns or sit-ins for several days.
It also decided to support Hefajat actions and supplement those by enforcing more hartals and blockades.
The BNP had relied upon stalwarts of some Islamist parties that are its alliance partners to convince the Hefajat top leadership to go for tougher programmes.
The Islamist leaders, who also hold posts in Hefajat, had made hectic efforts to push through the opposition alliance’s agenda.
But Hefajat Ameer Shah Ahmad Shafi did not agree with them and only called a day-long hartal for today, sources in the alliance and Hefajat say.
On Saturday night, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia, chief of the 18-party alliance, expressed her resentment at two separate meetings with the party’s policymaking body and top leaders of her alliance.
Finally, the BNP, which supported the Islamist group’s long march and provided food, drinks and other logistics to the marchers on Saturday, decided not to back today’s hartal.
Khaleda Zia also suspended the alliance’s April 10 rally.
The BNP had also given a break to its street agitations, thinking that the Hefajat would announce tougher programmes. The party-led alliance also decided not to go for any nationwide hartal after April 2.
“Now it is almost certain that April will not be a turning point in the opposition movement. The agitation has apparently lost momentum after Hefajat’s go-slow strategy,” a BNP policymaker told The Daily Star yesterday, wishing anonymity.
Asked, Brig Gen (retd) ASM Hannan Shah, a member of the national standing committee of the BNP, said people had expected that Hefajat would opt for tougher agitation programmes and political analysts had forecast it would give a boost to the opposition movement.
“The opposition one-point movement could have got pace had Hefajat announced tougher agitation programmes.”
Ahmad Abdul Quader, secretary general of Khelafat Majlish, a component of the 18-party alliance, said: “We had expected that the one-point movement would be intensified further and this month would be an effective one. But there is now a gap between expectation and reality.”
“Now, we will have to reassess our strategy about intensifying the anti-government movement,” Quader told The Daily Star yesterday.
Junaid Babunagari, secretary general of Hefajat-e Islam, acknowledged that there was immense pressure on the organisation to call non-stop hartals and to turn the rally into a sit-in.
“But our Boro Hujur [Hefajat chief] did not agree. We were committed to the government to leave the place [rally venue at Motijheel] by 5:00pm [Saturday],” Babunagari told The Daily Star yesterday.
However, some leaders, including Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, have a different viewpoint.
“They [Hefajat] did what they were supposed to do. We will intensify our movement in the days to come,” Mosharraf, member of the BNP standing committee, told The Daily Star yesterday.
He said the opposition movement had not lost momentum due to the soft programmes of Hefajat.
BNP joint secretary general Salahuddin Ahmed told The Daily Star yesterday, “We think they [Hefajat] alone will be able to enforce hartal. That’s why we did not extend our support.”
Earlier in the day, Salahuddin at a press conference announced the alliance’s 36-hour hartal beginning tomorrow morning.
A BNP policymaker, wishing anonymity, said his party had suspended the rally thinking that it might not be possible to ensure a big showdown on April 10 like the one organised by Hefajat on Saturday.

Hefajat breaks BNP’s heart | The Daily Star

@MBI Munshi

Is it really true that BNP intended to make Hawa Bhaban as an alternative during the previous BNP/Jamaat rule? As far as I can see, The Daily Star is the only media source that claimed this.

In effect Hawa Bhaban became an alternative centre of power. A lot of deals were made from that house. I used to live near that place.

Tareque Rahman will soon be a barrister ........He is a lot more matured but he still moves in the same circles. He has not changed the people around him.

He is ready to lead. :)

The question is why should the BNP expect the Hefezat-e-Islam to do their job for them/ Why cannot the BNP bring out lakhs and lahks of people? Why is the BNP still so afraid to offend India?

It appears that BNP is not only inefficient, but also incapable, disorganized, toothless and unworthy to be called as a major political force in present context. Hefajote Islam could be the only hope to rescue the nation.

One positive development I find this days is the appearance of apparently moderate Hefajote Islam spokesmen in TV talk shows. They are expressing their views, answering queries and taking part in debates very actively and impressively. BNP should not miss this chance to take Hefajote Islam on board.

In effect Hawa Bhaban became an alternative centre of power. A lot of deals were made from that house. I used to live near that place.

Tareque Rahman will soon be a barrister ........He is a lot more matured but he still moves in the same circles. He has not changed the people around him.

Is it possible for Tareque to have better guidance than what he has now?

Tareque Zia and Coco bhai used to have god complex. I'll share a story of Coco Bhai, when his wife gave birth to their first child, he didn't let any family members visit the kid due to 'germs', hopefully pitani khaia ektu shoja hoise:lol:

It is possible but he still meeting with the same rubbish that he worked with before. I am not seeing any new faces amongst his entourage ....

he maybe seen with the same entourage, but he is looked after by british bangladeshis.......rich powerful British Bangladeshis, if you know what i mean.
You also have to understand they are policitians, they have to be friendly to everyone, it does not mean they will listen to them. Lets just say i have seen BNP leaders who were abandoned by their close 'friends' during their bad times, now that they see that their is a possibility that bnp might come to power they are all there apologizing and acting as they were best friends. Don't you think BNP leaders know that? they are politicians, they play it kool.

now that they see that their is a possibility that bnp might come to power they are all there apologizing and acting as they were best friends. Don't you think BNP leaders know that? they are politicians, they play it kool.

Some BNP leaders are still under illusion that they will come to power. That is what called fools paradise and out of touch with reality.

Back
Top Bottom