What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what has that Dam got to do with India or Pakistani defense... why not better discuss it on some domestic forum rather than making a laughing stock of ourselves.

At the end of the day we are on some Pakistani forum here which is international.

I don't understand what has that Dam got to do with India or Pakistani defense... why not better discuss it on some domestic forum rather than making a laughing stock of ourselves.

At the end of the day we are on some Pakistani forum here which is international.

Life of 3.5 million Indian citizens...surely thats a good enough reason.

Life of 3.5 million Indian citizens...surely thats a good enough reason.

There have been similar problem with the Dams thing and water issue and land issues.... Let me assure you that If any such mis-happening takes place GOI, Kerala Govt. and TN Govt. both would rush in for help... same for Tamil people also.... As for Dam issue isn't better left to the Govt. to decide the best solution.... fighting here like hell isn't taking us any where is it ??... Just look at the posts being made... and new member joining just to fight.

There have been similar problem with the Dams thing and water issue and land issues.... Let me assure you that If any such mis-happening takes place GOI, Kerala Govt. and TN Govt. both would rush in for help... same for Tamil people also.... As for Dam issue isn't better left to the Govt. to decide the best solution.... fighting here like hell isn't taking us any where is it ??... Just look at the posts being made... and new member joining just to fight.

Whats the use of the help after people die? and we are speaking here of millions of casualities.

You may have surely heard the saying "Prevention is better than cure".

Whats the use of the help after people die? and we are speaking here of millions of casualities.

You may have surely heard the saying "Prevention is better than cure".

Does fight on some Pakistani forum and behaving like as such... a quires the prevention ??
It wonder If is going to food the next day.. considering the manner in which people are posting here.

Does fight on some Pakistani forum and behaving like as such... a quires the prevention ??
It wonder If is going to food the next day.. considering the manner in which people are posting here.

First of all stop being defensive after all we live under a democracy and should not brush our dirt under the carpet so as to please someothers. It does not suits us.

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it." Malcom X

there is no need for any other enimy...our politicians are enough to divide india for their rule..

Today I spoke to an TNEB engineer who is also a malyalee about the problem, he is a great civil engineer and he has worked on various dams projects for tneb.

his reply to my question was " Iduki was built with over capacity by KSEB and and now they simply want to break this agreement to divert the water " . we also did a math and found that How much is the real cost for Kerala..

He told 12 Tmc of water will be able to product 150 MW of electricity in induki and you can put a price tag of 6 cr for mw it comes to 900 cr. This is the money that Kerala is loosing .

This is the main cause of the issue

I asked about the structural integrity of the dam and asked about will it take 700 cr to construct a new dam.

His reply was give me just 15 cr , I will make mullaiperiyar a new dam which can withsand another 100 years without any major repair. it is currently strong.

-----------This is from some one who is an SME in dams not white dothi politicians who say

"Supreeeeemee courttt can not contorl nature, dam is week , look at iit roorkee report iit karnpur report"...

There is fundamental difference between Iduki dam and Mullaiperityar dam. the strength of the mullaiperiyar is from the dead weight .

I have seen the seepage channel of mettur dam as my uncle was working there. Every dam has sepage channel.. thru which water flows out. if you think water is leaking you are wrong. there is an element of design in it to maximize the strength of the dam..

First of all stop being defensive after all we live under a democracy and should not brush our dirt under the carpet so as to please someothers. It does not suits us.

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it." Malcom X
You copied my siganture, ok those of words of Malcom X so I don't have the copy right, I am a great fan of him.
Ofcoures we discussing in PDF is not going to solve the issue, instead we are only developing enemity among ourselves.
Sure the State Governments will find a amicable solution and lets wait for it, and as far as the unexpected events of violance accros both the states is condomable. Its not good for the friendship and brotherhood that we enjoyed so far.
So lets start condamning those who do acts of crime in the name of a protest.
Destruction of Public and Private protery is never to be welcomed.

Offcourse we are a democracy that is why the issue exists had it been China the dam would be standing by now.
Blinded by patriotism... no its the case of a better place for a better solution.

there is no need for any other enimy...our politicians are enough to divide india for their rule..

Today I spoke to an TNEB engineer who is also a malyalee about the problem, he is a great civil engineer and he has worked on various dams projects for tneb.

his reply to my question was " Iduki was built with over capacity by KSEB and and now they simply want to break this agreement to divert the water " . we also did a math and found that How much is the real cost for Kerala..

He told 12 Tmc of water will be able to product 150 MW of electricity in induki and you can put a price tag of 6 cr for mw it comes to 900 cr. This is the money that Kerala is loosing .

This is the main cause of the issue

So this is what you are taught in TN that Kerala is desperate to break this agreement so that we can produce more power.Well seeing by the Tamilian reaction to the dam issue, I don't expect you to be sensitive to anything other than your gain.It seems for Tamils the lives of others who don't speak your language is of no value.

As for Kerala loosing money , as per the shitty 999 year agreement we are paid Rs 10 lakh per year for the water as well as the lease for the land, not to mention the risk we take. Do you think thats fair?

I asked about the structural integrity of the dam and asked about will it take 700 cr to construct a new dam.

His reply was give me just 15 cr , I will make mullaiperiyar a new dam which can withsand another 100 years without any major repair. it is currently strong.

-----------This is from some one who is an SME in dams not white dothi politicians who say

"Supreeeeemee courttt can not contorl nature, dam is week , look at iit roorkee report iit karnpur report"...

There is fundamental difference between Iduki dam and Mullaiperityar dam. the strength of the mullaiperiyar is from the dead weight .

Ask your super duper Engineer friend that if Mullaperiyar Dam breaks can Idukki Dam hold the extra 15 TMC water rushing towards it with all its might containing mud, trees, houses and ofcourse around 50-60,000 dead bodies. Can he come out in public and guarantee that Idukki Dam will not break if Mullaperiyar breaks during peak rainfall season when Idukki holds the maximum water.

Anyways I would surely like to see how he would secure the dam with 15 crores for 100 years when GoTN spend much more than that every year for the maintenance of the dam. He is surely is a genius if he can pull of that.

I have seen the seepage channel of mettur dam as my uncle was working there. Every dam has sepage channel.. thru which water flows out. if you think water is leaking you are wrong. there is an element of design in it to maximize the strength of the dam..

But in Mullaperiyar water is leaking mixed with Surkhi. Its estimated that the dam loses around 500 kgs of Surhki every year.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Offcourse we are a democracy that is why the issue exists had it been China the dam would be standing by now.
Blinded by patriotism... no its the case of a better place for a better solution.

In which world you are living? The dam is already standing for sometime now...116 years to be exact.We Keralites wants new dam..thats all.

Problem also lies with us. We are not even united at the face of this massive crisis. Tamils are using their big size and our dependence on them for our daily needs as a blackmailing tool against us. Do you believe that they would have got away like this if they used the same tactics against Karnataka or Andhra Pradesh?

I can't believe the audacity of Tamilians asking Idukki dist to be handed over to them? I used to sympathize with Punjab, Gujurat etc as they have to share border with Pakistan, but I feel they are better off than us living next door to such emotional fools.

Same folks tried to claim 60% of Sri Lanka's coastline and 30% of the land area for less than 12% of the population. The audacity was eventually defeated however.

I have started hating malyalathans..They are very cunning and deceitful people.They are parasites.They have good unity and see they have spun a good story and are standing united behind the story.

There is absolutely no risk for the dam or for the 3 million or so ..This is just a cheap ploy by the mallayalee mafia to divert thewater for power generation..

It is pity that we are living next door to such a cunning group of people who are completely filled with hatred.

Number of tamil workers have been attacked and tamil women molestated.These guys post here in pdf as if they are saints.

Tamil students in Idukki were attacked.after so many incidents you guys expect us to watch everything silently.

Biggest hypocrites

Kerela constructed the Idukki dam in 1976.It didn't get the required water that was expected for power generation.The only way now is to divert the water from mullaiperiyar .This is just a cheap gimmick to achieve that .So malayalee mafia started the rumour about the dam being week and tried to flare up the issue by spinning stories and by balck mailing tn about the dam endangering life's of the people .This is a complete hoax.

I admire the unity of malaylees in standing unitedly behing a hoax story.

I am a telegu guy staying in tn .My forefathers came and settled here generation ago.I don't see this attitude in AP government.
We TN people lack this unty.we just silently watch everything.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

தமிழா!!! "இதை நீ படிக்கனும்"... "KOLAVERI song" மாதிரி "PROMOTE" செய்ய வேண்டும்!!! PLEASE!!!

முல்லைப் பெரியாறு பற்றி அகில இந்திய அளவில்
புயலைக் கிளப்பிவிட்டு – தமிழ் நாட்டை
பைத்தியக்காரர்கள் வசிக்கும் இடம் என்று பேச
வைப்பதில் வெற்றி பெற்று விட்டனர் கேரளத்தவர்.

மீடியாக்களில்,டெல்லியில், அகில இந்திய அளவில்
கேட்கிறார்கள் -பலமாகக் கேட்கிறார்கள் !

“116 வருட சுண்ணாம்பு அணை – இன்னும்
எவ்வளவு நாள் தாங்கும் ?

தங்கள் இடத்திலேயே -
தங்கள் செலவிலேயே -
புதிய அணையைக் கட்டி,
தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு அதே அளவு தண்ணீரைத் தருவதாக
கேரளா சொல்கிறதே – ஒப்பந்தம் எழுதிக்
கொடுக்கிறோம் என்கிறார்களே.
இதை ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள தமிழ் நாடு ஏன் மறுக்கிறது ?
இது என்ன வீண் பிடிவாதம் ?
இது என்ன பைத்தியக்காரத்தனம் ?”

இங்கு தான் தமிழ்நாடு ஏமாந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது.
கேரளா இதுவரை செய்த அநியாயங்கள்,
புதிய அணை கட்டி இனி செய்ய
உத்தேசித்திருக்கும் அயோக்கியத்தனங்கள் -

இவை எதுவுமே வெளி உலகுக்குத் தெரியவில்லை.
ஏன் தமிழ் நாட்டிலேயே – சென்னையிலேயே கூட,
படித்தவர்கள் பலருக்கு கூட தெரியவில்லை !

புதிய அணை கட்டுவதில் என்ன தவறு ? -அதான்
அதே அளவு தண்ணீர் தருகிறேன் என்கிறார்களே
என்று தமிழர்களே கேட்கிறார்கள்.
தமிழ் நாளிதழ்களும், அரசியல் கட்சிகளும்
தொலைக்காட்சிகளும் கூட தமிழ் மக்களை
தயார் படுத்துவதில் தவறி விட்டன என்று தான்
சொல்ல வேண்டும்.
இனியாவது விழித்துக் கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

புதிய அணை கட்டுவதாகச் சொல்வதில் இருக்கும்
சதி பற்றி விவரமாக அகில இந்திய அளவில்
எடுத்துச் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

இந்த வலைத்தளத்தைப் படிப்பவர்களுக்காக -
நான் எனக்குத் தெரிந்ததை சுருக்கமாக
கீழே தருகிறேன்.

முல்லைப் பெரியாறு அணை கட்டப்பட்டது
பிரிட்டிஷ் ஆண்ட காலத்தில் - 1895ல்.
அப்போது இந்த அணை கட்டும் இடம் திருவாங்கூர்
சமஸ்தானத்தின் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் இருந்ததாக
கருதப்பட்டது (உண்மை அது அல்ல.தமிழ் நாட்டின்
வரையரைக்குள் தான் இருந்தது)
எனவே பிரிட்டிஷார்- திருவாங்கூர் மஹாராஜாவுடன்
இந்த அணை கட்டப்படும், மற்றும் அதன் நீர்ப்பிடிப்பு
பகுதியான சுமார் 8000 ஏக்கர் நிலத்தை
999 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு குத்தகைக்கு எடுத்து (ஆண்டுக்கு
ரூபாய் 40,000/- குத்தகைப் பணம் ) இந்த
அணையை 1887ல் கட்ட ஆரம்பித்து 1895ல்
கட்டி முடித்தனர்.

இதில் வேடிக்கை என்னவென்றால், இதில்
அடிப்படையான பெரியாறு உற்பத்தியாவது
தமிழ் நாட்டில் தான். அணையும் தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு
சொந்தமானது. அதை நிர்வகிப்பதும் தமிழ் நாடு தான்.
ஆனால் இடம் மட்டும் கேரளாவிற்கு சொந்தம்.
அதிகாரம் செலுத்துவதும் அவர்களே !

இந்த அணையின் உயரம்-கொள்ளளவு -152 அடி.
இதன் மூலம் பாசனம் பெறும் நிலம் –
சுமார் 2,08,000 ஏக்கர்.
மதுரை, தேனி, சிவகங்கை, ராமநாதபுரம் ஆகிய
4 மாவட்டங்களைச் சேர்ந்த 10 லட்சம் விவசாயிகள்
பாசனத்திற்கும், 60 லட்சம் மக்கள் குடிநீருக்கும்
இந்த அணையை நம்பி இருக்கிறார்கள்.
இந்த அணை பறிக்கப்பட்டால் – இத்தனை இடங்களும்
பாலைவனங்கள் ஆகும். இத்தனை ஜனங்களும்
பிழைப்பு பறிபோய் – பிச்சைக்காரர்கள் ஆவார்கள்.

பிரச்சினை ஆரம்பித்தது எப்படி ? எப்போது ?

கேரளா, இதற்கு சுமார் 50 கிலோமீட்டர் கீழே,
இடுக்கியில் 1976ல் ஒரு அணையும் நீர்
மின்நிலையமும் கட்டியது. பின்னர் தான்
ஆரம்பித்தன அத்தனை தொல்லைகளும்.

பெரியாறு அணையின் மொத்த கொள்ளளவே
15.66 டிஎம்சி தான்.அதிலும் சுமார் 10 டிஎம்சியை
தான் பயன்படுத்த முடியும்.
(104 அடி வரை டெட் ஸ்டோரேஜ் .)

ஆனால் இடுக்கி இதைப் போல் 7 மடங்கு பெரியது.
கொள்ளளவு 70 டிஎம்சி.
பெரிய அணையைக் கட்டி விட்டார்களே தவிர அது
நிரம்பும் வழியாகக் காணோம். 3 வருடங்கள்
பொறுத்துப் பார்த்தார்கள். பெரியாறு வருடாவருடம்
நிரம்பிக் கொண்டு இருந்தது. ஆனால் இடுக்கி
நிரம்பவே இல்லை.

அப்போது போடப்பட்ட சதித்திட்டம் தான் -
பெரியாறு அணைக்கு ஆபத்து என்கிற
குரல் -கூக்குரல்.
சுண்ணாம்பு அணை உடைந்து விடும்.
அதிலிருந்து வெளிவரும் நீரால் 35 லட்சம்
மக்கள் செத்துப் போவார்கள். எனவே
உடனடியாக புதிய அணை கட்டுவதே தீர்வு !

புதிய அணையினால் அவர்களுக்கு என்ன லாபம் ?
மேலே இருக்கும் பழைய அணையை இடிப்பதால்,
நீர்பிடிப்பு பகுதியிலிருந்து அத்தனை நீரும் நேராக
இடுக்கிக்கு வந்து அதை நிரப்பும்.

சரி நிரம்பட்டுமே. நல்லது தானே !
அதான் தமிழ்நாட்டுக்கு இதே அளவு
தண்ணீர் தருகிறேன் என்று சொல்கிறார்களே
என்று உடனே மக்கள் கேட்கிறார்க்ள்.

அங்கே தான் இருக்கிறது அவர்கள் சாமர்த்தியம்.
பெரியாறு அணை இருப்பது கடல் மட்டத்திலிருந்து
2709 முதல் 2861 அடி உயரம் வரை. இதிலிருந்து
மலையைக் குடைந்து குகைப்பாதை வழியாக
தண்ணீர் தமிழ் நாட்டை நோக்கி கொண்டு வரப்படுகிறது.

புதிய அணையை கட்டப்போவது 1853 அடி
உயரத்தில்.இந்த அணை கட்டப்படும் உயரத்திலிருந்து
தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு தண்ணீரைத் திருப்பி விட முடியாது.
நமக்கு பெரியாறு அணையிலிருந்து நீர் எடுத்து வரும்
பாதை இதை விட உயரத்தில் ஆரம்பித்து, ஒரு கிலோ
மீட்டர் பயணத்திற்கு பிறகு 5704 அடி நீளமுள்ள -
மலையைக் குடைந்த குகை வழியாக திசை மாறி
வந்து பின்னர் கீழே வைகையில் கலக்கிறது.
அணையைக் கட்டிய பிறகு,
இவர்கள் உண்மையாகவே விரும்பினாலும் நீரைத்
திருப்ப முடியாது. மேலும் புதிய அணையிலிருந்து
ஆண்டு முழுவதும் நீர்மின்சாரம் உற்பத்தி செய்ய
நீரை வெளியேற்றிக் கொண்டே இருக்கப் போகிறார்கள்.
எனவே அணை எப்போதுமே முழுவதுமாக நிரம்பி
இருக்காது.தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு தண்ணீர் நிச்சயமாக
கிடைக்காது.

புதிய அணையினால் தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு பயன் இல்லை -
புரிகிறது.

ஆனால் பழைய அணை சுண்ணாம்பு அணை -
எப்போது வேண்டுமானாலும் உடைந்து விடும்.
35 லட்சம் மக்கள் செத்து விடுவார்கள் என்கிறார்களே -
பயம் உண்மையானது போல் தோன்றுகிறதே ?

அயோக்கியத்தனம்.
வடிகட்டிய அயோக்கியத்தனம்.

முதலாவதாக -
பெரியாறு அணை உடைந்தால் தண்ணீர் -
மலைப் பள்ளத்தாக்குகள் வழியாகப் பாய்ந்து -
நேராக கீழே உள்ள இடுக்கி அணையைத் தான்
வந்தடையும்.
பெரியாறு அணையிலிருந்து அதன் முழு நீரும்
(10 டிஎம்சி) ஒரே நேரத்தில் வெளியேறினாலும்,
நேராக அதைப்போல் 7 மடங்கு கொள்ளளவு
உடைய இடுக்கி அணையைத் தான் வந்தடைய
போகிறது. இடையில் எந்த நாடு, நகரமும் இல்லை.
வாதத்திற்காக இடுக்கி அணை ஏற்கெனவே நிரம்பி
இருந்தாலும் – வெளியேறும் நீர் பெரியாறு
அணையிலிருந்து இடுக்கி வந்து சேர 4 மணி நேரம்
ஆகும். அதற்குள்ளாக இடுக்கியிலிருந்து
தேவையான நீரை வெளியேற்றி விட முடியும் !
எனவே வெள்ளத்தால் பொதுமக்கள் பாதிக்கப்படுவார்கள்
என்கிற பேச்சே அபத்தமானது.

இரண்டாவதாக -

1976ல் இடுக்கி அணையை கட்டினார்கள்.
1979ல் பெரியாறு அணை உடையப்போகிறது
என்று குரல் எழுப்பினார்கள்.
பயத்தைக் கிளப்பினார்கள்.
சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் வரை போனார்கள்.
2000ஆவது ஆண்டு சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் நிபுணர் குழுவை
அமைத்தது. நிபுணர் குழுவின் ஆலோசனைப்படி
அணை அனைத்து விதங்களிலும் பலப்படுத்தப்பட்டது.

கேரளா சொல்வது போல்
இது வெறும் சுண்ணாம்பு அணை அல்ல.
ஏற்கெனவேயே முதல் தடவையாக 1933ல்
40 டன் சிமெண்ட் கலவை சுவரில் துளையிட்டு உள்ளே
செலுத்தப்பட்டது. மீண்டும் 1960ல் 500 டன் சிமெண்ட்
உள் செலுத்தப்பட்டது.

2000ஆவது ஆண்டு சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் சென்ற பிறகு -
நிபுணர் குழுவின் ஆலோசனைப்படி -
லேடஸ்ட் தொழில் நுட்பங்களைப் பயன்படுத்தி,
கேபிள் ஆன்கரிங் முறையில் அணையுள் கான்க்ரீட்
கலவை செலுத்தப்பட்டது. வெளிப்புறமாக -
ஒரு கவசம் போல், கிட்டத்தட்ட புது அணையே போல்,
கான்க்ரீட் போடப்பட்டு, ஒரு புத்தம்புதிய கான்க்ரீட்
அணையே உருவாக்கப்பட்டு விட்டது.

கீழே உள்ள வரைபடத்தைப்
பார்த்தால் நன்றாகப் புரியும்.

இதன் பிறகு தான், 27/02/2006 அன்று,
சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட், இனி அணைக்கு எந்த ஆபத்தும் இல்லை
என்பதை நிபுணர் குழுவின் மூலம் உறுதி செய்துகொண்டு -
156 அடிவரை தண்ணீர் தேக்கிக் கொள்ளலாம்
என்று அனுமதியே கொடுத்தது.

விட்டார்களா நமது கேரள சகோதரர்கள் ?
மீண்டும் சதி. ஒரு மாதத்திற்குள்ளாக,
கேரள சட்டமன்றத்தில் புதிய சட்டம்
இயற்றி, சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் உத்திரவையே செல்லாததாக்கி
விட்டார்கள்.

வழக்கம் போல் தமிழன் இளிச்சவாயன் ஆகி விட்டான்.

மீண்டும் கோர்ட் பின்னால் அலைகிறோம்.
இப்போது, இன்னும் வழக்கு சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட்டின்
பரிசீலனையில் இருக்கும்போதே -
தீர்ப்பு அவர்களுக்கு பாதகமாக
இருக்குமோ என்கிற தவிப்பில் - மீண்டும் நாடகம்
ஆடுகிறார்கள். அணைக்கு ஆபத்து -புதிய அணை
கட்ட வேண்டும் என்று.

பாராளுமன்றத்தில் குரல் கொடுக்கிறார்கள்.
பிரதமரை போய்ப் பார்க்கிறார்கள்.
உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்கிறார்கள்.
பந்த் நடத்துகிறார்கள்.
இப்போதைக்கு அவர்கள் குரல் தான் பலமாகக்
கேட்கிறது. வெளிமக்கள் அவர்கள் பக்கம் நியாயம்
இருக்கிறது என்று நினைக்கத் தொடங்கி விட்டார்கள்.

தமிழ் நாடு ஏமாந்தது போதும்.

நன்றி,

386608_325313280827801_193446657347798_1381488_1226715302_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom