What's new

Kerala School Drops Vande Mataram from I-Day Programme as Radical Group Objects

Echo_419

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
In an incident that reeks of growing Taliban-like radicalism, a school in Kerala had to edit out the Vande Mataram song from its Independence Day programme on Friday, following threats from a political party that it is against the religious beliefs of a community.

The school management also reportedly asked students to not do the 'namaste', a common gesture of respect in India, in fear of threats from the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI).

According to Hindustan Times, the TKM Centenary School in Kollam was to have a dance planned on Vande Mataram, which is a popular song played as a patriotic symbol on days such as the Independence Day. However, the school management allegedly replaced the song with an orchestra to avert any incident, though the principal claims that the song was removed so as not to "stress" the students.

However, the SDPI claimed that they had asked the school to not play the song.

"We approached the school management after a number of parents complained that some words in Vande Matraam and the gesture 'namaste' were against their religious belief. We only requested the school to respect their sentiment," SDPI leader AK Salahuddin told HT.

SDPI was formed in 2009 as a political wing of the Popular Front of India, and has had a controversial run in Kerala, with the state police often raiding their offices on suspicion of arms and weapons stockpiling by the members. PFI and SDPI were also chargesheeted by the National Investigation Agency, indicating their role in conducting arms training camps, according to an India Todayreport.

There was controversy over Vande Mataram in 2009 as well, when Muslim outfit Jamait-e-Ulema Hind had issued a fatwa against the song and had banned Muslims from singing it, citing that some of the verses go against the tenets of Islam, as reported by The Times of India.

Secularism at work

Why did they listen to SDPI in first place????? SDPI is a religious extremist organisation........They are the political wing of banned organisation NDF.....

If i am not wrong TKM is run by a muslim based trust....

In an incident that reeks of growing Taliban-like radicalism, a school in Kerala had to edit out the Vande Mataram song from its Independence Day programme on Friday, following threats from a political party that it is against the religious beliefs of a community.

The school management also reportedly asked students to not do the 'namaste', a common gesture of respect in India, in fear of threats from the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI).

According to Hindustan Times, the TKM Centenary School in Kollam was to have a dance planned on Vande Mataram, which is a popular song played as a patriotic symbol on days such as the Independence Day. However, the school management allegedly replaced the song with an orchestra to avert any incident, though the principal claims that the song was removed so as not to "stress" the students.

"We approached the school management after a number of parents complained that some words in Vande Matraam and the gesture 'namaste' were against their religious belief. We only requested the school to respect their sentiment," SDPI leader AK Salahuddin told HT.

SDPI was formed in 2009 as a political wing of the Popular Front of India, and has had a controversial run in Kerala, with the state police often raiding their offices on suspicion of arms and weapons stockpiling by the members. PFI and SDPI were also chargesheeted by the National Investigation Agency, indicating their role in conducting arms training camps, according to an India Todayreport.

There was controversy over Vande Mataram in 2009 as well, when Muslim outfit Jamait-e-Ulema Hind had issued a fatwa against the song and had banned Muslims from singing it, citing that some of the verses go against the tenets of Islam, as reported by The Times of India.

Secularism at work

I saw this news both AIYF(communist) and YuvaMorcha protested against this
Keep it up boys.More you push, more for the destruction of Communism and of course the growth of BJP.
If things goes like this we can see at least two BJP seats in 2016 Assembly election.

@nair @gslv mk3 @acetophenol @kurup @seiko @abjktu and others

Keep it up boys.More you push, more for the destruction of Communism and of course the growth of BJP.
If things goes like this we can see at least two BJP seats in 2016 Assembly election.

Only AIYF and Yuvamorcha? What was DIFY and Youth Congress doing????? Securing their vote banks......

Why did they listen to SDPI in first place????? SDPI is a religious extremist organisation........They are the political wing of banned organisation NDF.....

This is not good man .These peoples will alienate muslims from rest of Hindus and Muslims.They are now creating barrier between Muslims and others.

They are calling for a war,so we should give them one

This is not good man .These peoples will alienate muslims from rest of Hindus and Muslims.They are now creating barrier between Muslims and others.

They will try to create this barrier, just to keep them relevant...But in the society there are sane people and number of them are more....

They will try to create this barrier, just to keep them relevant...But in the society there are sane people and number of them are more....

But sane people should protest against this .Otherwise it will propagate wrong message.As far as I know there is no condemnation from Congress or IUML or even communists.Sane guys among Muslims dont take it seriously.But they should arise their voice against this .We cant trust the human minds probably our youths.We dont know whether it influence them.

Secularism at work

I Salute These Dumb-Fucks with my Middle Finger

yik4yRXeT.jpeg

From fight over Pork chops to banning Vande Matram, I see they are progressing gradually ... obviously towards extremism!! All in all looks like we are witnessing another UP in making!!!

First those MFs said that - We cannot sing that song, as it is offensive to our religion....

Now they are saying - You cannot sing the song, because it is offensive to my religion...

Can any one see this increase of intolerance of islamic fascist groups...?

Next will be you are hindu, that is offensive to our religion...

This is what is meant by pseudo-secularism.

Rajiv Gandhi capitulated to the Muslim fundoos to please the Muslim vote bank. Now in India, every religious person with their 'sentiments hurt' can squash books, movies because once you allow a religion leeway you cannot then in principle deny other religions.

If you don't like to sing the song, or it is offensive, don't sing it.

Secularism at work

proud of you Secular keralites ! you are beacon of hope in the Modified country ! keep it up O the people of state with highest no of literates and largest no of Gulf Job lovers !

Back
Top Bottom