Not open for further replies.

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India
Link: Keel laying of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier

Excerpt:
Thu, Feb 26 05:30 PM

New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): The Keel laying of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), one of the major milestones IN Indian shipbuilding, is scheduled for February 28 by Defence Minister A K Anthony.

----
With this project, India has become the fourth nation to join the select club of 40,000 T plus aircraft carrier designers and builders.

IAC designed by Navy's Design Organisation and being built at M/s Cochin Shipyard Limited would be capable of operating an aircraft mix of Russian MiG-29K, Ka31 and indigenous LCA.

The ship has a length of 260 m and max breadth of 60 m. The ship will be propelled by two shafts, each coupled to two LM2500 Gas Turbines developing a total power of 80 MW, sufficient to attain speeds in excess of 28 knots.

The ship has an endurance of around 8,000 NM and complement of 1600. The ship will have two takeoff runways and a landing strip with three arrester wires. It can carry a maximum of 30 aircraft with adequate hangarage capacity.

The carrier is designed with a very high degree of automation for machinery operation, ship navigation and survivability.

The production of IAC commenced in November 6 and large numbers of blocks have already been fabricated, which are under erection.

Major equipment to be installed in lower decks of the ship have been ordered. The ship is being constructed using high strength steel developed in-house with the help of DRDO and SAIL. Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LR SAM) system with Multi-Function Radar (MFR) and Close In Weapon System (CIWS) is envisaged for the carrier.

The ship will be equipped with the most modern C/D band early Air Warning Radar, V/UHF Tactical Air Navigational and Direction Finding systems.

The carrier would also be having jamming capabilities over the expected Electro Magnetic (EM) environment, along with Carrier Control Approach Radars to aid air operations. Integration of all weapon systems onboard the carrier would be through an indigenous Combat Management System (CMS).

The ship's integration with Navy's Network Centric Operations would provide forced multiplication.

Design of this prestigious ship has been undertaken by the Directorate of Naval Design (DND), which has an experience of over 40 years in successfully designing 17 different classes of warships, to which around 90 ships have already been built within the country.

It is also pertinent to mention that DND is the only Govt. organisation in the world today undertaking indigenous design of warships. Delhi class destroyers are the biggest warships built so far to indigenous design.

These ships are operating successfully over last 10 years and have demonstrated their design superiority when INS Delhi withstood extremely adverse weather conditions and high sea states while encountering typhoons during the ship's passage in the South China Sea in 1995.

---
In order to optimize on build period of IAC, CSL has been provided with exceeding Rs 200 Crores to augment infrastructure in areas such as large cranes, workshops, and heavy-duty machinery.

---
Assistance for propulsion system integration and aviation aspects have been taken from M/s Fincantieri of Italy and M/s NDB of Russia respectively.(ANI)

Indigenous Aircraft Carrier?
but with foreign missiles, carrier fighters, radars, engines, guns.

tell me other than the hull, what are actually Indian designed/made?

Oh my god..They could not build a aircraft in few decades and now they're supposed to design air craft carieer which even china has not yet built!

China has horns and tail or what :devil: ???
if china cannot manufacture an AC that doesn't mean India cannot manufacture.
India has been operating AC since 1961. i guess that experience is enough to build...

Oh my god..They could not build a aircraft in few decades and now they're supposed to design air craft carieer which even china has not yet built!

Yes, my friend we are proud of our Navy, because it is only true force committed to indigenous weapon development..our navy is building ships from years.... Navy has it's own vessel design facility, so it does not depend on DRDO,HAL like IAF,IA are depending on. So, currently our Navy uses most indigenous items.:enjoy:

Last edited:

Well Jaguar and Land rover are british brands, but you would be surpirsed to see the origin of lot of stuff in it.

Same the case of boeing which gets parts from all around the world.

O.K...If we Indians accept that only keel is Indian made....
Then you must accept that India has beaten China in this field...we are
waiting for China make even a keel of 40,000 Ton plus carrier.
:cheers:

The following is / will be Indian:

1. The will to make an AC carrier.
2. The resources & self confidence to make one.
3. The ability & infrastructure to make one.
4. The crew who will operate the Ship when made.
5. The pilots who will fly the aircraft from it will be Indian.
6. The power the ship will project will be Indian.
7. The confidence / security the ship will project will be Indian.
8. The ability to build more after this one is built will be Indian.
9. The need not to go buying refurbished AC cariers will be Indian.

... and so many more.

China has horns and tail or what :devil: ???
if china cannot manufacture an AC that doesn't mean India cannot manufacture.
India has been operating AC since 1961. i guess that experience is enough to build...

we have the engine ready.
¹ú²ú169ºÅÕ½½¢¶¯Á¦ÏµÍ³²ÉÓùú²úÐÍȼÆøÂÖ»ú_ÐÂÀ˾üÊÂ_ÐÂÀËÍø

advanced missiles like C-805 is regarded as the world's best.
C-802 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all radar, sonar are also designed in China.

The reason why China is still not building its own AC is because of the carrier fighters which still can't be domstically built.

btw: operating is very different from building. I am sure Indians can driver fighters, but still no heavy/medium fighters has ever been built in your country.

no troll, this is for serious discussion.

3. The ability & infrastructure to make one.

tell me how you are going to make the engine/radar/sonar/missiles.

8. The ability to build more after this one is built will be Indian.

how about just finish the arjun/LCA project.

of course you can always start more and more projects and keep them running for decades each.

9. The need not to go buying refurbished AC cariers will be Indian.

because you just need to import the engines/radars/sonars/missiles/control systems/carrier fighters from russia.

:rofl:

Reactions: was
have a look at the following photo, 11 years after the construction, that ship is still being built in one Indian shipyard.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/mil/2008-08/23/xinsrc_522080523093400072784.jpg

ha ha , these are P15 pics and the ships are already on water. Another example of chinese media, how they project and create impression about india and indians. Which indian submarine is behind you this time :) . You leave in a different worls dure. Get some sunlight and start growing taller.

ha ha , these are P15 pics and the ships are already on water. Another example of chinese media, how they project and create impression about india and indians. Which indian submarine is behind you this time :) . You leave in a different worls dure. Get some sunlight and start growing taller.

is it the truth that it took at least 11 years to get it in water?

don't troll, just tell me the truth. 11 years construction of such a crap ship with all foreign imported engine/missile/radar/etc.

is it true or not true.

is it the truth that it took at least 11 years to get it in water?

don't troll, just tell me the truth. 11 years construction of such a crap ship with all foreign imported engine/missile/radar/etc.

is it true or not true.

you were the builder? or the designer ? or the secret little spy ? you are only the media (chinese media ,Xinhua).

Stop poking around and deviate us from discussing main topics.

you were the builder? or the designer ? or the secret little spy ? you are only the media (chinese media ,Xinhua).

Stop poking around and deviate us from discussing main topics.

this thread is about a so called Indigenous Aircraft Carrier of India. given the fact that a tiny warship cost india 11 years to build I thus raised the question of how many years you are going to spend on that Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.

I also asked how you guys are going to get the engine/radar/sonar/missiles/etc.

Is this off topic? you are the person who is posting off topic content based on your strong nationalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom