What's new

Keel laying ceremony of 2nd ship of Type 054 A/P held at Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard

Type 45 specs are available for all to see or for anyone who has google. These ships, would have been more expensive to operate but obviously a proper full scale destroyer. Pak has nothing like it.

Type 45 specs are available for all to see or for anyone who has google. These ships, would have been more expensive to operate but obviously a proper full scale destroyer. Pak has nothing like it.
Its actually falling in Frigate domain while we have no actual destroyers , Tariq Class getting very very old , these are Proven and sanctioned free and best frigates for Pakistan Navy .

Are you aware of specifications of both vessel types which Pakistan is receiving? If yes, then kindly share the details. If not, then avoid this childish behavior of comparing different cetagories meant to play different important roles within the SAME Navy.
Someone else did the comparison, i was just responding!

Naah, J class is an inferior ship to type 45. I t has a different purpose, plus we can customize with Chinese ship as many we want. Its not like that american or western bullshit.

Firstly, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the notion that either one is superior. I am stating for the PN the advantage of the J-class is that Pakistan OWNS THE DESIGN. It bought the rights to the ships design and is free to modify it to its discretion. This is NOT changing just weapons ND sensors. If PN want to take the design and upscale it to make a larger frigate or destroyer it can do so without permission. It is wants to change the engines, it can do so. It it wants to alter the mast of the design it can do so. It wants to build a fleet of 10000000 ships of the design it can do so. With Type 054A you need China to do the alterations and build the ships. Even if they gave tot you would need kits for the systems. You want to change the weapons? You need permission. You want to change the radar? You need permission. That is the point.

Beyond that yes, on paper, the type 054 is a superior vessel, but let's say it is operating with HQ-16A... Whereas J-class in future may have access to G-40...what would you rather have for air defense? The J-Class could potentially carry 64 G-40s which have same range as HQ-16A. And please let us not talk yet about HQ-16B because there is zero evidence that PN has or is going to have it. The Jinnahs will operate with Harbah. So they will outrage the Type 054A which will operate with C-802. The Jinnahs will have smaller crews so cost less to operate (93 VS 165). So jinnah has its strong suits too, but 054A for the moment is clearly more capable. That being SAID, PN controls what J-class will be. It is the Jf-17 to the type 054As F-16

Firstly, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the notion that either one is superior. I am stating for the PN the advantage of the J-class is that Pakistan OWNS THE DESIGN. It bought the rights to the ships design and is free to modify it to its discretion. This is NOT changing just weapons ND sensors. If PN want to take the design and upscale it to make a larger frigate or destroyer it can do so without permission. It is wants to change the engines, it can do so. It it wants to alter the mast of the design it can do so. It wants to build a fleet of 10000000 ships of the design it can do so. With Type 054A you need China to do the alterations and build the ships. Even if they gave tot you would need kits for the systems. You want to change the weapons? You need permission. You want to change the radar? You need permission. That is the point.

Beyond that yes, on paper, the type 054 is a superior vessel, but let's say it is operating with HQ-16A... Whereas J-class in future may have access to G-40...what would you rather have for air defense? The J-Class could potentially carry 64 G-40s which have same range as HQ-16A. And please let us not talk yet about HQ-16B because there is zero evidence that PN has or is going to have it. The Jinnahs will operate with Harbah. So they will outrage the Type 054A which will operate with C-802. The Jinnahs will have smaller crews so cost less to operate (93 VS 165). So jinnah has its strong suits too, but 054A for the moment is clearly more capable. That being SAID, PN controls what J-class will be. It is the Jf-17 to the type 054As F-16
The Dude got you confused just like he got me.
He is not comparing J-class with Type 54AP, he is talking about inferiority of J-class against Type 45 (The European Destroyer) . Why he is doing, I don't know. :lol:

This is the 2016 " Rim of the Pacific Exercise".

type 054A started shooting training in Hawaii.
Img461567037.jpg

US soldiers in type 054A.
Img461567033.jpg

and 2017. type 054A conducted military exercises in the Baltic Sea.

CRSUNL5R4T8E0001.jpg

HeB--fyiiahz3554855.jpg

What I want to say is very simple. This is a summary.

1. In any sea area, any time. type 054A can immediately enter the combat state.
2. type 054A is a mature weapon platform. it has undergone severe testing. don't need the extra alterations.
3. If such 054A still cannot satisfy some friends. we're sorry. we have tried our best.

:-)

View attachment 623201

View attachment 623202

View attachment 623204

View attachment 623205

2. type 054A is a mature weapon platform. it has undergone severe testing. don't need the extra alterations.
3. If such 054A still cannot satisfy some friends. we're sorry. we have tried our best.

Its above 1 Billion$ deal , i think 1.5 Billions$ deal , Pakistan and especially Pakistan Navy will not Sign such a deal unless they are satisfied . I must say i searched about it as well , The diplomat , Indians everybody wrote about Pakistan Navy Type 054A/P , So PN and i think majority here are v Satisfied .

View attachment 623201

View attachment 623202

View attachment 623204

View attachment 623205

You gonna have to excuse some western fanboys here..... Nothing can change their minds:pakistan::china:

Its above 1 Billion$ deal , i think 1.5 Billions$ deal , Pakistan and especially Pakistan Navy will not Sign such a deal unless they are satisfied . I must say i searched about it as well , The diplomat , Indians everybody wrote about Pakistan Navy Type 054A/P , So PN and i think majority here are v Satisfied .
You gonna have to excuse some western fanboys here..... Nothing can change their minds:pakistan::china:
thank you.

J-Class is closer to Project Azm. It boils back to the MILGEM, the basis for Turkey's next-gen vessels, such as the I-Class. In fact, if the first-three ships are lengthened Ada-class corvettes with VLS, then the fourth ship (i.e., the 'joint-design') could be Pakistan's variant of the I-Class. In turn, that design will be the basis of all future Pakistan Navy frigates of the future.

The PN owns the design for its next-gen warship (4th J-Class), and is working on a design (subsystem selection, integration, testing, qualification, etc) for the next-gen LRMPA. The only thing left in the old trifecta is an in-house submarine design, i.e., mini-SSK project. Not sure where that's at right now, but I expect they'll look at designing one with a willing partner soon.

Like the PAF, the PN isn't throwing punches on next-gen modernization. Now, we only need the Army to think along similar lines and, ideally, agree to a joint-forces utility and attack helicopter...

Last edited:

Thank you, an extremely good evaluation.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom