What's new

Kazakh made Thermal Sights adopted by Turkey

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
piton_2.jpg

Jane’s has reported that the joint Kazakh and Turkish defense company Kazakhstan Aselsan Engineering has begun export of the Python thermal weapons sight to Turkey. The company is jointed owned by both Turkish and Kazakh partners, with a manufacturing base in Kazakhstan. The factory was opened up in 2014 and also focuses on heavier armament such as tanks and helicopters. The deal is worth $5.8 million and will allow Turkish snipers and machine gunners to have a thermal capability. The entire deal and cooperation is indicative of a very solidified and concrete relationship between the two countries in the defense industry.

10405284_564587220328022_3319310750257814805_n.jpg

Based on the previous Boa thermal sight and although larger than most currently fielded U.S. or European thermal optics, the Python has the ability to clip to a nonintrusive heads up display that can be attached to a soldier’s helmet. This could possibly allow for a sniper to shoot his rifle accurately, without even raising his head above cover. It also appears that the system is using a number of digital features, something that we are probably going to be seeing more of in the coming years when it comes to thermal/IR or even regular scopes being adopted for military application.

p1468234.jpg

Frequency Band Long Wave Infrared
Detector Uncooled Microbolometer
Detector Size 384 x 288 pixels
Magnificiation 3X
Görüş Açısı 9.0° x 6.75°
Min. Focus Range 20 m
Electronic Zoom x2 and x4
Weight (w/o accessories) 1.7 kg
Input Voltage 5-15 VDC
Video Output CCIR-50 Hz
Remote Control RS-232
Mechanical Interface MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/10/kazakh-made-thermal-sights-adopted-turkey/

Excellent job...Muslim countries should cooperate in technology especially for military and strategic applications. I hope Shibli electronics also expands its research base and join any such joint venture.

We are importing our own products with foreign currencies..?

God we are dumb, aren't we..

Its the otherwise.

What the author knows nothing about is that Piton and its brother Boa were/are developed and produced by Aselsan. They must have moved the production line to Kazakhistan, it makes sense when you also think that they're quite busy about EW and CAFRAD right now. Look at the currency comparison below:

1 TRY = 87 KZT

It is way better off for Turkey to invest and shift its defense production for products like these to Turkic countries where we will profit by lower production cost whereas our brothers will receive know-how, respectfully.

Its like TAI's position of producing and modernizing the F-16 for customers in Middle East and Pakistan. Its the same thing we have been doing for decades, its just that now we have started to get in the frontier seats.

Turkish forces adopt Python portable thermal vision device made by a joint Turkish - Kazakhstan joint venture.

C4YYFbQVcAEi7w9.jpg

C4YYGg3VMAQ0NFx.jpg

Aselsan has too much assignments. In production and R%D. Some capacities have to be outsourced to other production facilities to keep system running. Aselsan management acts professional as most international companies and global players do.

Its the otherwise.

What the author knows nothing about is that Piton and its brother Boa were/are developed and produced by Aselsan. They must have moved the production line to Kazakhistan, it makes sense when you also think that they're quite busy about EW and CAFRAD right now. Look at the currency comparison below:

1 TRY = 87 KZT

It is way better off for Turkey to invest and shift its defense production for products like these to Turkic countries where we will profit by lower production cost whereas our brothers will receive know-how, respectfully.

Its like TAI's position of producing and modernizing the F-16 for customers in Middle East and Pakistan. Its the same thing we have been doing for decades, its just that now we have started to get in the frontier seats.

First of all that currency ratio means absolutely nothing. Their average wage may be higher while their currency is low-valued compared to ours. It means nothing.

When you look at it like that 1TRY is about 30 yen. Does it mean it automatically makes sense to move production to Japan? No.

And we have lots of unemployed in our country. Would theu not accept working for far less here in Turkey instead?

First of all that currency ratio means absolutely nothing. Their average wage may be higher while their currency is low-valued compared to ours. It means nothing.

When you look at it like that 1TRY is about 30 yen. Does it mean it automatically makes sense to move production to Japan? No.

And we have lots of unemployed in our country. Would theu not accept working for far less here in Turkey instead?

Minimum wage in Kazakhistan is $67 per month (e.g Turkey's is $450). It is nearly 6 times as cheaper than Turkish Labor. Now tell me bro where does that number mean "absolutely nothing"? Automatically, health insurances and taxes are also way cheaper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

To get it for our men/women to do the job is not a matter of working hours. It is the total value of market inputs. Basically to do that; can you convince our workers at Aselsan in Ankara to do the same job for the 1/6th of their salary? I think it couldn't be described any simplier than that.

On a side note by the way, my personal opinion, about unemployment in Turkey. Youth unemployment is 18%. And instead of pursuing a "relevant use" policy, the government asked each family to make at least 3 kids. That would mean that the problem will be unemployment in the future. Today it is the qualified education. I see it that way.

It's a joint venture and Aselsan makes a profit every time they make a sale. This JV allows Aselsan to produce locally for the Kazakh defense forces and also to reach new neighboring markets (Central Asia) in a more cost effective way as it functions as a logistics/support/distribution center in addition to production.

Minimum wage in Kazakhistan is $67 per month (e.g Turkey's is $450). It is nearly 6 times as cheaper than Turkish Labor. Now tell me bro where does that number mean "absolutely nothing"?
Wow putting word into my mouth like never seen before!

Maybe you first should read the posts before writing comments about them!

Wow putting word into my mouth like never seen before!

Nothing Neptune has written is wrong. So your hostility is groundless. Do pay attention that Jane says the "The deal is worth $5.8 million" Doesn't say anything about if they're using local currency or not.

And your sentiment about having production is Turkey is nationalistic and not pragmatic.

I think it's great that Turkey and Aselsan is willing to make these investments because Kazakhstan is a new republic and as a Turk I'd rather contribute to independence of a fellow turkic nation than let them suffer as Turkey has. small steps matter. And I hope our goal is that 100% of the republic of Kazakhstan speaks turkic and have better relations to turkic speaking nations. Whilst both they and T.C. makes money from these deals.

But Soul didn't claim that Kazakhstan's minimum wage in USD is higher than Turkish one. His claim was;
First of all that currency ratio means absolutely nothing.
this, which didn't answered. So he said;
this, which is true.

Nothing Neptune has written is wrong. So your hostility is groundless.
Please stop putting words into my mouth. Nowhere I've ever said that he has written something wrong in his message.

I just said currency ratios mean absolutely nothing which is a fact I 've proved in the meantime, and that he was putting words into my mouth by responding to me for the things I've never said, just like you too just did.

Please stop putting words into my mouth. Nowhere I've ever said that he has written something wrong in his message.

I just said currency ratios mean absolutely nothing which is a fact I 've proved in the meantime, and that he was putting words into my mouth by responding to me for the things I've never said, just like you too just did.

So you're saying currency ratio means nothing based on what ? Where did you prove that it meant nothing ?

Neptune delivered a perfect example of the cost of living and even what the minimum wage is in TR and Kazakhstan. Based on that alone you can tell that producing something in Kazakhstan is more economic than producing the same goods in Turkey.

Now if what you're saying is true, why the fvck does Apple, Toyota, etc. have giant factories in China ?

Back
Top Bottom