What's new

Kayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas

Are you Pakistani? Do you have relatives/friends in Pak Army? Gen Kiyani was made Gen with support of USA. Why would he have launched operation against Taliban which are backed by CIA.

I will choose to respond only to the underlined part of your post.............since the rest of it is quite irrelevant.
By and large; every COAS of the PA in the history of Pakistan has been appointed and has remained functional with the blessings (support) of USA.
So, how could Gen.Kiyani's case have any different?

I will choose to respond only to the underlined part of your post.............since the rest of it is quite irrelevant.
By and large; every COAS of the PA in the history of Pakistan has been appointed and has remained functional with the blessings (support) of USA.
So, how could Gen.Kiyani's case have any different?

Honestly I don't care, I am not going to change my view on Gen Kiyani. He's gone now, He made his millions from US Aid not its someone else's turn.;)

No, I am a martian, those green standards with the crescent and star represent the martian star fleet.

No, I spent over a decade of service and two operations in perpetual isolation, spoke to none of my superiors and undercomds.

Guess who we fought in Bajaur, Swat, Malakand, Buner, Orakzai, Mohmand, SWA, Mehmand, Khyber? Here's a hint, they're the Taliban.

HeHehe, @Icarus, that barb was directed at me...........
Of course only the Martian bit could be "stretched" to apply to me. :D

Some one wants to make numbers criticizing others and 'people' after all people expressed their people's mentality.
Looks like some one spewed venom over personal reasons

*Facepalm* My bad entirely, my good man.

I was wondering the same thing - Kaun seee ziyadtiii ho gaiii Sethi Sahib keh saaath @Jaanbaz keh haathoon ? :unsure:

Sir aaap hukam karein I've got a file on all his 'flirtations' that I'd happily give to Mrs.Jaanbaz - Phir aageiii aageiii dekhiyeiii hotaa haiii kiyaa ! :smokin:

It does't bode well for Pak army, should this be true! PA is seen as the supreme force in Pakistan...& if they succumb to the pressure of backlash, this will dent their credibility with the people who hold them in such high esteem.. & fundos will only get encouraged by this vulnerability by one institution, which is suppose to be beyond all this!

@Icarus - Yaraa waisee Kayani shouldn't have been given an extension & he shouldn't have accepted it in turn !

We should be very lucky a country did not go to war against us because we would have lost that war with Kiyani in charge.

@Icarus - Yaraa waisee Kayani shouldn't have been given an extension & he shouldn't have accepted it in turn !

The situation demanded that he be granted an extension, you can't just change your head honcho ba**s deep into multiple operations.

The situation demanded that he be granted an extension, you can't just change your head honcho ba**s deep into multiple operations.

No it didn't - the Army is an Institution not an Individual !

Making his CGS as his successor would've ensured that the policies would've continued on with continuity !

No it didn't - the Army is an Institution not an Individual !

Making his CGS as his successor would've ensured that the policies would've continued on with continuity !

Its about the policies no doubt, but you also need the stability and persona that an established leader can grant you in the face of such adversity as the time period of 2008-11. It was an extraordinary period in this nation's history and it required that some extraordinary decisions be taken.

Back
Top Bottom