What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Simply because any political party that will give away a part of the country even an option to separate, will be thrown out forever by the Indian population

So basically its India's greed to maintain Kashmir.....as you yourself have said that the political party that gives Kashmir independence or allow a plebiscite will be thrown out by the Indian population. That notion just signifies that your willing to make Indians happy....but not the Kashmiri people who reside in that land. Karan can you please tell me....why is the Indian arm forces are always actively raping and killing Kashmiri's...there are so many cases.....does it give your goverement a right to do so.

This is really a illogical to compare a disputed territory with NWFP which is not disputed.... Current unrest in Kashmir can very well be taken as evidence of barbarism of Indian Army in Kashmir, and rapes by IA is usuall thing.

If you claim to Kashmir to be a part of India, then a genuine question arises in mind! Why the hell an army is raping its own civilians. Never saw army of any country raping its own civilian but obviously Kashmir is not part of India.

Has an army man never been convicted of rape in Pakistan. Will you look it up ??

Wonder what happened to the concept of neutral links that Pakistanis harp on 24-7?

A. G. Noorani
a secular Indian Muslim, is a lawyer and political analyst. He is is an Advocate in the Supreme Court of India and a leading Constitutional expert. His columns appear in The Hindustan Times, Frontline, Economic and Political Weekly and Dainik Bhaskar. :cheers:

Heres an article from a neutral source....though Im sure CNN too Im assuming is anti-Pak, Zionist and RAW controlled....nevertheless....

CNN.com - Aksai Chin: China's disputed slice of Kashmir - May 24, 2002

Which has been proved to be false by an indian lawyer:cheesy:

Compare the numbers of reported Rapes in the Kashmir valley vs another similar area like ... say... NWFP which is not disputed, but has a similar situation in terms of military deployment etc...

But Karan the Pakistani Army to my knowledge is not actively raping and killing innocent civilians in NWFP......however the Indian Army is doing this disgusting action in Kashmir. And if Pakistan was doing it then they should be held accountable....however this topic is not about Pakistan....its about India killing innocent Kashmiri's.....not Pakistan killing them.

Has an army man never been convicted of rape in Pakistan. Will you look it up ??

Give me a case please....I would like to know more about this.....furthermore to my knowledge it is rare that any Pakistani soilder has committed rape on active duty. I have not heard one case where Pakistan soilders have raped the civilians during its operation against the militants. You can't defend your Army in this case Karan......shouldn't those soilders be punished.

So basically its India's greed to maintain Kashmir.....as you yourself have said that the political party that gives Kashmir independence or allow a plebiscite will be thrown out by the Indian population. That notion just signifies that your willing to make Indians happy....but not the Kashmiri people who reside in that land. Karan can you please tell me....why is the Indian arm forces are always actively raping and killing Kashmiri's...there are so many cases.....does it give your goverement a right to do so.

1. Any political party that gives away an integral part of our country, needs to be thrown out and tried for treason. Where have I seen this before. Oh Yes.. Didnt that happen to Bhutto??

2. There is no difference between Indians and Kashmiri people. We will make all Indians including Kashmiris happy.. Just hiccupps on the way caused by ineffective politics and some garam masala from the neighbourhood

3. I believe, controlling miscreants who are rioting is prefered to letting them have free hand to cause violence and deaths of others who are not towing there line. A good example is that with the action of sec forces, we have 45 deaths in Kashmir over a period of a month. Some regrettable, some not. On the other hand, due to inaction of police in Karachi, the rioters and criminals actually massacarred 85 people in 3 days flat. Both situations are bad, but given a choice, I will still go with the first.

Also look at the stats below.. I will listen to your lecture once you get your house in order, because unless you do, your advice has no credibility that it will make things better for India (including Kashmir).

Interesting trend developing over the years...

PS: I am saying your house, since I believe like most immigrants, you still consider yourself Pakistani as well. Please dont take it as a personal attack

J&K
karan-1970-albums-t0-picture2670-j-k.jpg

Pakistan
karan-1970-albums-t0-picture2669-pak.jpg

1. Any political party that gives away an integral part of our country, needs to be thrown out and tried for treason. Where have I seen this before. Oh Yes.. Didnt that happen to Bhutto?

Then its good Pakistan loss Bangladesh, because clearly the people did not want Pakistani rule to govern them. Same with Kashmir the people don't want Indian rule...so give them independence...what is holding you back.......from my opinion its greed.....and your willing to keep land at the expense of knowing that thousands of people will die.......that to me is a shambolic and disgusting goverment who does such a thing.....whether its Pakistan or India.

38672_137224372981712_100000824503994_157941_3608983_n.jpg

Tonight we ride on clouds of fire
We fear no one in this world
i m standing,standing standing
And i m standing,standing,still standing in this fire!!

Mr GreenStar you mentioned rape in Kashmir couple times in your post. Now backup your claim with data of 2009 and 2010 as it recent. As per my knowledge 0 in 2010 and 1 disputed case in 2009. Only a dumb person or one with prejudice will call it mass rape. The number is not even worth mentioning.

2. There is no difference between Indians and Kashmiri people. We will make all Indians including Kashmiris happy.. Just hiccupps on the way caused by ineffective politics and some garam masala from the neighbourhood

Well Kashmir's don't feel that way......other wise they would not have come out on to the street's and protest. Women and Men of all ages are involved in this protest.....just the other day Ejaz a Pakistan member showed a article where an Indian Security officer shoved a baton down a 8 year old throat.....was that right Karan......do you support such aggressive behavior of your secrurity forces.

i live in j&k & situation is bad ,a word before worse .army's way of treating the common people in J&k creating enemy among them.They don't care for civilian life in case of any encounter .

i wish we would see peace in Kashmir ,but till presence of IA & cross border jihadi operation continues this seems a distant dream

39041_136531266384356_100000824503994_155085_5142002_n.jpg

ead body of 8- years old boy Sameer Ahmad Rah son of Fayaz Ahmad Rah of Sheikh Dawood Colony, Batmaloo who was beaten to death by police and paramilitary forces

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

40599_136529276384555_100000824503994_155082_5989132_n.jpg

Mohd yaqoob...shaheed of zadoora pulwama he recited Qalma-e-Shahada before he breathed last.!May he rest in Heaven!!

The Kashmiri people are frustated.I think the GOI must think of improving the financial condition of the state.Unemployed youths get bored sitting at homes and get frustated.This frustation comes out in the form of stone pelting etc...Once they have opportunities they will not resort to acts of violence.

Actually Kahmiris are lucky to be a part of India.Had it been China the uprising would had been ruthlessly crushed.Also many members are saying that th Indian army kills civilians.This is wrong .The Indian army hardly comes out of the barracks in Kashmir.The IA was very active when insurgency was at peak in the 90s .Its the CRPF and the J&k Police(whose members are kashmiris)which handles crisis .

Back
Top Bottom