What's new

Karachi.. Update

Lol at the kachra on train track, dilapidated station and motorcyclist on platform. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Karachi is truly lawaris.

It still looks better

In reality situation is far worse

83805305_2492613757532974_4880346028202524672_n.jpg

A Chinese company has shown interest in completing K-IV, Karachi’s fourth bulk water supply canal—a project started eighteen years ago that has cost up to Rs14 billion so far and is nowhere near done.

China #Gezhouba Group’s #Pakistan executive general manager Shi Yu has written the Sindh government offering help with the K-IV. “[We] noticed that … things are not going smoothly because the design is not feasible,” he wrote. They expressed interest in “participating” by providing design and construction support.

The Chinese company is referring to a development in K-IV that has put considerable pressure on the Sindh government as it tries to complete the project, a 121km canal from #Kinjhar lake.

When this government took over it had the design of K-IV checked by an independent engineering company. That company produced a damning report that there were serious design flaws

The Chinese letter was sent to the CM’s secretariat on Dec 25. It was sent by January 17 to the secretary of the local government department for “necessary action”.

GOP Is planning to build a modern city on Bundal Island Karachi.
I hope this does not work out. Its a waste to build a gated community that only the rich can afford. There is so much more that can be done with these islands.

I hope this does not work out. Its a waste to build a gated community that only the rich can afford. There is so much more that can be done with these islands.
This is one of the ways to extract money from their interest bearing accounts and give it to construction industry which supports many people.

GOP Is planning to build a modern city on Bundal Island Karachi.

Ef2y9UaWoAIHr4b

Ef2y88UXoAEZsBO
Bhai the rich houses you see in hollywood are owned by rich not evrryone. The island would employ billions and provide job opportunities. And provide facilities turoist spot to pakistanis.

Bhai the rich houses you see in hollywood are owned by rich not evrryone. The island would employ billions and provide job opportunities. And provide facilities turoist spot to pakistanis.
Mixed use development that includes both private property development, as well as publicly accessible areas, would be acceptable.

What I would hate is an island for the filthy rich, with the "riff-raff" kept out. Knowing the attitude of the Pakistani "elite" I wouldn't put it past them to try to do just that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom