What's new

Karachi: Rangers get shoot-on-sight orders

Respect4Respect01

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Rangers have been given the authority to shoot-on-sight any miscreant.

The Sindh Home Ministry had issued a notification announcing the decision. The Rangers have been given the authority to shoot-on-sight any miscreant, conduct search without warrants, finish no-go areas and take stern action against assassins and extortionists.

Talking to media at National Crisis Management Cell, Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik said that the Rangers have been given free hand to restore peace in Karachi. He said that the target killers would be presented before the media.

Earlier, the Sindh Home Department issued the notification to extend the powers of Rangers for another 3 months. The Home Department of the provincial government ordered to extend the powers of the Rangers to help the Police Department and provide security to the citizens of the metropolis.

The Sindh government has also given special powers to Rangers and now it can raid at any place without search

Dunya News: Pakistan:-Karachi: Rangers get shoot-on-sight orders

Awesome!..Kill them all...no need to fill our jails and waste our time and money on trials..

now whom they will kill i thing now every party use their rangers lolz

Awesome!..Kill them all...no need to fill our jails and waste our time and money on trials..

they wont kill anyone, its just stupid order by government that will achieve nothing. parties wont allow them to kill their own terrorists.

its is a phrase meant for giving them police powers..even police can kill people who are armed and are threat

and its a political game..

If I were a Ranger personel I wouldn't follow that order. Only if the gun were pointed at me. These guys are given shoot-at-sight orders and when they follow through with them, media and people scream - brutality - they get punished and hanged. Forget it.

"The Sindh government has also given special powers to Rangers and now it can raid at any place without search"

EXCUSE ME SIR, BUT THAT IS ABSOLUTE HOGWASH. RANGERS CANNOT RAID ANY PLACE.....

LYARI AND OTHER PPP AREAS ARE " NO GO AREAS " FOR THE RANGERS AND THE POLICE ON ORDERS OF ALI BABA ( AND HIS BAND OF FORTY THIEVES ).

THIS IS ALL POLITICAL BULL....

THIS MEANS POOR PATHANS ( ANP AREAS ) WILL TAKE THE BRUNT OF THIS.

"The Sindh government has also given special powers to Rangers and now it can raid at any place without search"

EXCUSE ME SIR, BUT THAT IS ABSOLUTE HOGWASH. RANGERS CANNOT RAID ANY PLACE.....

LYARI AND OTHER PPP AREAS ARE " NO GO AREAS " FOR THE RANGERS AND THE POLICE ON ORDERS OF ALI BABA ( AND HIS BAND OF FORTY THIEVES ).

THIS IS ALL POLITICAL BULL....

THIS MEANS POOR PATHANS ( ANP AREAS ) WILL TAKE THE BRUNT OF THIS.

Yeah poor Pathans of Karachi!! ROFL

if i am not wrong this is the 20th time , and i hope no one has forgotten sarfarz shah yet !?

The guy whose killers got death sentence!

GO RANGERS GO!
Shoot every scumbag displaying a weapon!

Yes the one who was shot to death and later bled to death in a public park .... that was just one case only God know how many thousands were shot dead in the past , no one is inocent here , every one is a culprit be it civilians / politicians / law enforcement or the holy fauj !! if we were ever to move towards a solution and that is make it clear no one is above the law when some one breaks it than first catch, investigate prosecute and than serve equal justice to all

Yes the one who was shot to death and later bled to death in a public park .... that was just one case only God know how many thousands were shot dead in the past , no one is inocent here , every one is a culprit be it civilians / politicians / law enforcement or the holy fauj !! if we were ever to move towards a solution and that is make it clear no one is above the law when some one breaks it than first catch, investigate prosecute and than serve equal justice to all

ANP,MQM,PPP all are culprits.... Killing every bastard displaying a weapon in public will solve all the issues...

ANP,MQM,PPP all are culprits.... Killing every bastard displaying a weapon in public will solve all the issues...

Army / rangers & law enforcement are no saint either they have a lot of blood on their hands every one is a culprit , dont shove up the whole thing on political parties

Army / rangers & law enforcement are no saint either they have a lot of blood on their hands every one is a culprit , dont shove up the whole thing on political parties

Who is killing each other right now?

Who wants army to be involved in Karachi?

Infact i dnt want army or even rangers to get involved in karachi... let these bastards kill eachother... they deserve to die.

Powers to Rangers

By Editorial
Published: August 26, 2011

There are some lessons that we never learn. Expecting miracles from the military and paramilitary forces may be among the worst of our delusions. When we have had enough of corrupt civilian rule, we welcome military dictators with open arms. When the law and order situation gets worse, more power is handed to the paramilitary authorities. Inevitably, this has now happened in Karachi. Extraordinary powers, including the right to carry out warrantless searches, have been given to the Rangers. To expect these powers to be used wisely is extremely optimistic, almost to the point of naivety.!! Past experience, with the latest, example being the brutal and unjustifiable slaying of civilian Sarfaraz Shah, has shown that the Rangers are not to be trusted with unbridled power. Karachi already has a police force that has sufficient numerical strength to be capable of stabilising the city. The problem, however, is that the police is heavily politicised and will be afraid of taking sides for fear of retribution from one side or the other. The police is also dissuaded from intervening against extortionists and criminals, all of whom pay bribes to the law-enforcement authorities to ensure that they can ply their trade without worrying about the consequences. That the criminals and the politicians have formed an unholy nexus makes the job of the police even harder, as they have to separately contend with two powerful and ruthless factions.
If there is one positive to the extraordinary powers given to the Rangers, it is that this has been done in lieu of calling in the army to control the situation. Adding the army into the volatile mix, that is Karachi, may have led to a few days or weeks of calm, but would also have been followed by a release of pent-up anger that would dwarf the violence of last month. The truth is that there is no perfect solution to the situation in Karachi. Until the political parties themselves realise that power needs to be earned at the ballot box and exercised within the constraints of law, no amount of heavy-handed paramilitary tactics will lead to permanent peace.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 27th, 2011.

Back
Top Bottom