BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TTP spokesman had 20-minute chat with Ch Aslam - thenews.com.pk

Azaz SyedMonday, January 13, 2014
From Print Edition

1069 403 611 2

ISLAMABAD : The spokesman for the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had a 20-minute talk with late Chaudhry Aslam, discussing his role and the threats to his life but also joked about the PML-N government handing over Karachi to the TTP.

“What if the government which is having secret talks with us hands Karachi over to us,” the TTP’s Shahidullah Shahid asked Ch Aslam in a lighter mood. In return, Ch Aslam abused the TTP and said he would bury their leaders in Karachi’s graveyards.

This conversation was revealed to The News by the spokesman from an undisclosed place. He revealed that they had acknowledged late Chaudhry Aslam’s bravery while conveying the death threat to him over the phone some time back.

“I had an almost 20-minute conversation with Ch Aslam in which I had conveyed to him our (TTP) message that we would avenge the killing of almost 60 people who were killed extra-judicially by him,” said Shahidullah Shahid, the TTP spokesman, while talking to The News correspondent from an undisclosed location. On the request of this correspondent, the TTP spokesman gave details of his last conversation with Ch Aslam. To further the discussion, when this correspondent asked what you said to Ch Aslam after the salam (greeting), the TTP spokesman said he did not say salam to him as he always considered him to be an infidel. “Why did you call me?” Ch Aslam asked in return when the TTP spokesman introduced himself on the phone. Shahidullah recalled that he told Ch Aslam that the TTP talks to everyone, even the prime minister, the governors and other important government functionaries. Ch Aslam responded that he would not forgive them (TTP), and would chase them wherever they are.

The TTP spokesman added that he told Ch Aslam that they are his enemies and are planning an action against him. According to Shahidullah, Ch Aslam used abusive language against them.

The TTP spokesman even joked with Ch Aslam and said that since the government was secretly negotiating with them, what would he do if the government handed over control of Karachi to the TTP.

On this, the late police officer said: “If that happened I would bury your (TTP) Ameer Hakimullah Mehsud and you (Shahidullah Shahid) in Mewa Shah graveyard (in Karachi).”

The TTP spokesman said he told Ch Aslam that they respect him as he was a brave enemy and they enjoy fighting brave enemies. He said he had told Ch Aslam to get ready for their action on which Ch Aslam said he was never scared and hung up. Shahidullah Shahid lauded Shahid Hayat, the Karachi police chief, and said that he was a good officer and he is not accused of anything.

Back
Top Bottom