What's new

Karachi lost it again.

FyrgFZAagAAUZA0

Sure, the estab has it's part in this and everything going on, but you cannot disagree that the people of this country are apathetic to the situation.

Sahi hai bhai phir khush raho isi haal main. Suit yourself.

Bhai I know my city. I know how much this city hates PPP. I find it funny when people tell me on this forum that karachiites vote for PPP despite they can't even name two major roads of Karachi

Our votes are meaningless today. We can vote anyone but it won't have any impact on PPP occupation of Karachi and we all know why. Till PPP is sitting in laps of establishment our votes are meaningless no matter what

I won't bother to vote for anyone in next election because I know it is all meaningless. The decision would be made in Islamabad and Rawalpindi to decide who would rule my city so why bother to vote. I would rather spend day of election eating nihari in my place

It is all meaningless now

Bhai I know my city. I know how much this city hates PPP. I find it funny when people tell me on this forum that karachiites vote for PPP despite they can't even name two major roads of Karachi

Our votes are meaningless today. We can vote anyone but it won't have any impact on PPP occupation of Karachi and we all know why. Till PPP is sitting in laps of establishment our votes are meaningless no matter what

I won't bother to vote for anyone in next election because I know it is all meaningless. The decision would be made in Islamabad and Rawalpindi to decide who would rule my city so why bother to vote. I would rather spend day of election eating nihari in my place

I am not saying that the city does not hate PPP or whatever, but you have to then get out and shout for your right. Is tarah sirf internet, media, aur akhabron par batain karnay say kuch nhn hona. Whole areas don't get water or electricity for weeks, and what happens? Nothing. People don't get out, you don't have riots, you don't have as much as a peep.

This is not specific to Karachi, but the whole of the country.

Punjab main 5 maheenay say aik selected government hai. The biggest province of the country does not have a functioning government, no budget, no development schemes, nothing. And what are the people doing about it? Fckall.

Sahi hai phir sab bhugto ab.

(Note, I include myself in that category too).

The SCOTUS made a decision about Roe vs Wade which was pretty much inconsequential to more than 50% of the people, but they still got out.

Just look at the BLM protests. A black guy got killed and the whole of the US got up. Idhr Punjab Police aik mentally challenged banday ko mar kar sarak par phenk gayi, what happened?

A guy is missing since a month with no trace, what happened?

Arshad Sharif got killed in Kenya, and his meetings with sector commander of ISI and ISPR reps is on record, what happened?

Cops are barging into homes and taking 3 generations of a family away because their relative is hiding, what are the people doing about it? Just yesterday saw a post where a guy's brother in law, nephews, uncles, cousins, aur pata nhn kaun kaun police utha kar lay gayi.

Shehryar Afridi couldn't attend the funeral of his brother, and what are the people doing about it?

For a long time I had been a proponent of the military tactics in Balochistan to some extent, but now I honestly believe I was stupid. Everyone deserves due process of law.

Whole of Pakistan is a Guantanamo Bay right now, and what are the people doing about it?

Fck all.

Now a days new generation of Karachi is quite worried about its future specially Urdu speakings what we do & where we go because they are watching everything thing clearly...

Only Urdu speaking leadership can save Karachi, but thanks to brutalization by Army and Sindh Police, all Urdu speaking educated class are now Leaving Pakistan... For thugs of PPP/ANP we need a Altaf on Steroids.

PPP won after losing. Just like they won after losing 1970 elections.

Then as now, its military and PPP combined to steal people's mandate. This is the way General Elections will also be stolen. The way Karachi elections were rigged and the way PPP selected its mayor is a preamble of things to come.

In East Pakistan, the establishment had crossed a red line on Mujib. AL won the elections but assembly session wasnt called. Instead a military operation was launched against AL. This created a secession movement in East Pakistan as its mandate was stolen.

Since we did not learn from history and have been obfuscating it, we are repeating the same mistake.

Right now, Punjab govt is also under PPP. Mohsin Naqvi is a PPP man. With establishment having chosen Bilawal as PM, from the looks of it, the Project Bilawal is in full swing.

I hope people of Karachi will wake up. The elections were rigged from beginning. They should rise to revolt against this open badmaashi.

Karachi used to be a very politically active city. It stood up against Ayub Khan’s dictatorship and were crushed. Fatima Jinnah was murdered. The capital was moved next door to GHQ in Pindi to allow permanent military rule over Pakistan.

Karachi rose up against Bhutto. The price they paid was that the people of the city were permanently banned from all federal and provincial jobs. The city’s industry, banks and educational institutes were seized and handed over to PPP jialas.

Then, during Zia’s time, the city rose against the Kalashnikov and drugs culture. Kalashnikovs were being rented by the hour to criminals. Drugs were being sold openly like onions and potatoes.

The anti-Zia protests were led by MQM. Unfortunately, instead of being the voice of all the people of Karachi they started off playing the ethnic card. Later they tried to shake off the ethnic image but never succeeded. The military killed 15,000-20,000 people in Karachi to crush MQM. The army-PPP alliance turned Karachi into a shithole.

So, Karachi has stood up for its rights multiple times and every time the military has allied with PPP to crush Karachi and the rest of the country has applauded.

It would be wrong to say that the people of Karachi are docile. It’s just that protest has never worked for 75 years and has made matters worse every time. Therefore people have given up and whoever can get out of Pakistan gets out. I would say that the vast majority of the most educated people have left.

Cops are barging into homes and taking 3 generations of a family away because their relative is hiding, what are the people doing about it? Just yesterday saw a post where a guy's brother in law, nephews, uncles, cousins, aur pata nhn kaun kaun police utha kar lay gayi.

Personal friend on Facebook or a public working member of PTI?

Karachi is divided ethnically
They hate each other and blame each other

Mahjirs (self called mahjir since they were borned in Karachi not India) hate pushtoons (though many can't speak pushto now), Sindhis(proud of their heritage not sure what that means) hate both the pushtoons and mahjirs and then there are liberals..that hate the rest..

On this whole achaar the winner is PPPP And losers are KARACHITES

Never seen such a disconnect city

There are hindko pushto speakers in Peshawar.. multiethnic in Lahore but we don't see this kind of self division

We may pretend that PPPP doesn't get votes but don't fool around we all know they get a good 30-40% votes and that's enough for them to "fix" the system
U dont anyyhing abt karachi ... 30% vote for ppp ... lolz

project installing bilawal is in full flow , hafiz engendered the Punjab election similar like karachi , bus diakhty jao hafiz karta kia ha

Karachi is divided ethnically
They hate each other and blame each other

Mahjirs (self called mahjir since they were borned in Karachi not India) hate pushtoons (though many can't speak pushto now), Sindhis(proud of their heritage not sure what that means) hate both the pushtoons and mahjirs and then there are liberals..that hate the rest..

On this whole achaar the winner is PPPP And losers are KARACHITES

Never seen such a disconnect city

There are hindko pushto speakers in Peshawar.. multiethnic in Lahore but we don't see this kind of self division

We may pretend that PPPP doesn't get votes but don't fool around we all know they get a good 30-40% votes and that's enough for them to "fix" the system
PPP never won in karachi since its birth , population of the city consists on Mohajar , pathan ,punjabis and sindhis , in which mohajar , pathan and punjabis hate pppp like we all use to hates india , laken hafiz sab kuch kar sakta ha bhai sab kuch

PPP never won in karachi since its birth , population of the city consists on Mohajar , pathan ,punjabis and sindhis , in which mohajar , pathan and punjabis hate pppp like we all use to hates india , laken hafiz sab kuch kar sakta ha bhai sab kuch
Correct but mahjirs love MQM which for most of its life has been aligned with PPPP
😂

See the problem

Karachiites ignored PTI work in repavement of roads, new sewage lines, new water lines all done on federal funds. They ignored green line metro bus completion, KCR restarting after 30 years, K-IV water project, Karachi Port & rail enhancements, removal of illegal encroachments causing flooding, etc.
other than repavement of a few roads, worth pennies, all the rest about kcr and ecnroachments was done through court orders. pti didnt do sh*t. pti has no idea about local bodies, they are good for assembly but not local bodies.

Correct but mahjirs love MQM which for most of its life has been aligned with PPPP
😂

See the problem
nope. muhajirs voted it out and supported pti. while central punjab still votes for pmln.

I am not saying that the city does not hate PPP or whatever, but you have to then get out and shout for your right. Is tarah sirf internet, media, aur akhabron par batain karnay say kuch nhn hona. Whole areas don't get water or electricity for weeks, and what happens? Nothing. People don't get out, you don't have riots, you don't have as much as a peep.

This is not specific to Karachi, but the whole of the country.

Punjab main 5 maheenay say aik selected government hai. The biggest province of the country does not have a functioning government, no budget, no development schemes, nothing. And what are the people doing about it? Fckall.

Sahi hai phir sab bhugto ab.

(Note, I include myself in that category too).

The SCOTUS made a decision about Roe vs Wade which was pretty much inconsequential to more than 50% of the people, but they still got out.

Just look at the BLM protests. A black guy got killed and the whole of the US got up. Idhr Punjab Police aik mentally challenged banday ko mar kar sarak par phenk gayi, what happened?

A guy is missing since a month with no trace, what happened?

Arshad Sharif got killed in Kenya, and his meetings with sector commander of ISI and ISPR reps is on record, what happened?

Shehryar Afridi couldn't attend the funeral of his brother, and what are the people doing about it?

For a long time I had been a proponent of the military tactics in Balochistan to some extent, but now I honestly believe I was stupid. Everyone deserves due process of law.

Whole of Pakistan is a Guantanamo Bay right now, and what are the people doing about it?

Fck all.
people of karachi have always stood up and protested. its just that the media fails to show you that.

JI is the most useless party. Always making the stupidest decisions.
except that they are the ones who initiated development in the city after years of neglect. established schools and colleges, established (KIHD, now taken over by sindh govt) and upgraded hospitals. started building signal free corridors when the rest of the country didnt even know about them. started green-bus project, made the K-3 project that still supplies water to karachi to this day, which btw, PTI with its so called federal clout failed to do (K-4). even established parks and gardens. compared to that, PTI has done next to nothing while having a budget far more than KMC at its disposal. but i agree, people were idiots to vote for mqm.

the may be useless inr est of the country, due to sirajul haq types being in majority, but the karachi chapter is dynamic and well educated.

but , anyways, like idiots, keep on blaming ji or pti or karachiites, when its ppp that hijacked the entire process right from the start.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom