What's new

Karachi-Lahore motorway to be completed by 2018

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
01-First%20Motorway%20on%20Indo%20Pak%20Sub%20Continent.jpg

ISLAMABAD- Karachi-Lahore motorway will be constructed within minimum possible time to benefit the huge population, says a document of Ministry of Communication. According to an official, the Karachi-Lahore Motorway will be completed by 2017-18 and it would facilitate people commuting between Karachi and other major cities of the country including Shukur, Badin, Ghotki, Rohri, Dadu, Pano Aqil, Abro, Rahim yar Khan, Sadiqabad, Zahir pir, Mamo Kajan and Nankanan Shaib. Replying to a question, he said the government was committed to providing comfortable and affordable transport facilities to its citizens within minimum possible time. The length of motorway will be 1160 kilometer and will also serve for early trading of goods in different parts of the country.

Karachi-Lahore motorway to be completed by 2018

Thats a long time. :(. I know for a fact that PMLN has a potential to complete this project in less than 3 years if the whole motorway is built in patches at a same time,

Thats a long time. :(. I know for a fact that PMLN has a potential to complete this project in less than 3 years if the whole motorway is built in patches at a same time,
I will be stunned if they do it till 2018.
but power and dams should have priority

I wonder if the new motorway will run along the more or less same route as the GT road, if it is so then its not good news, I would prefer it to be built a little towards the west so its more secure in case of a war, our present transport infrastructure is very prone to being cut off in case of an Indian incursion.....

At least get the Multan-Faisalabad motorway complete on time.

I wonder if the new motorway will run along the more or less same route as the GT road, if it is so then its not good news, I would prefer it to be built a little towards the west so its more secure in case of a war, our present transport infrastructure is very prone to being cut off in case of an Indian incursion.....

Most of our population and cities are along the banks of Indus or it's tributaries. So we don't have a choice. That's a natural route. A motorway through the lines of current N5 would connect 70% of the population and would give a huge boost to the development of local, smaller economies along the way.

Give Pakistanis few motorways here and there and throw some metro buses too. While the real problem like terrorism and the dying economy is still not addressed.

Most of our population and cities are along the banks of Indus or it's tributaries. So we don't have a choice. That's a natural route. A motorway through the lines of current N5 would connect 70% of the population and would give a huge boost to the development of local, smaller economies along the way.

Touche mate but a more westwards motorway with off-shoot connecting roads will be a safer bet in my opinion, this will achieve advantages on a strategic level along with the advantages you mentioned.....

They should have a cycling track on the side. It would be an extra source of income if we conduct cycling events from Lahore to Karachi.

They should have a cycling track on the side. It would be an extra source of income if we conduct cycling events from Lahore to Karachi.
A cycling even from Lahore to Karachi? You gotta be out of your mind. You expect them to ride their bicycle for 3 consecutive days? And what tracks are you talking about? Most cycling events take place on regular roads. I think you need to invest some time into learning about the distances and cycling

A cycling even from Lahore to Karachi? You gotta be out of your mind. You expect them to ride their bicycle for 3 consecutive days? And what tracks are you talking about? Most cycling events take place on regular roads. I think you need to invest some time into learning about the distances and cycling

Well, not necessarily from Lahore to Karachi or inverse. We can have a domestic event starting from anywhere suitable. It can also mean having charitable events as well as on the national days etc.

This motorway should also serve for healthy activities, it will bring in foreign cyclists and would help us reconstruct our international image.

People cross continents on cycle and you are talking about Lahore to Karachi?

Back
Top Bottom