What's new

Karachi Development Projects updates

These areas are pretty much example where no building code / standard is followed , anyone can build 2-3 level houses by cheap construction and no paint on exterior

The water drainage goes thru middle of such neighborhoods

Certain minimum standard for housing construction should have been followed to allow construction of homes which remotely look like proper designed buildings
the drainage isnt going through neighbourhoods, the neighbourhoods have been built around nullahs. its all squatter settlement.

For the better IMO. These net-new projects force sprawl and simply move upper-income groups out of the core. Don't get me wrong. If consumers want it, they should get it. However, I'd much rather see a focus on overhauling core Karachi's infrastructure from top to bottom. Unfortunately, that work requires stern and forward-looking leadership, and a population that can handle the 'stress' of construction, moving cables underground, expanding roads, adding public transit to replace some roads (e.g., old city areas), and so on.
Thanks to some new technologies IF employed some of the stress on population can be mitigated. For example, use of TBM and micro TBM can help building underground service lines for cables and revamp severance system with minimum disruption.

But a vast sections of the city simply needs to be demolished and rebuild with quality over time, the construction and planning is just so bad. I mean there are blocks are blocks of mid rise apartments that are basically gray structures and built without any amenities and they are literally falling apart.
the drainage isnt going through neighbourhoods, the neighbourhoods have been built around nullahs. its all squatter settlement.

Follow FWO on Twitter and Facebook :pakistan:

Before & After pictures of Mehmoodabad Drain.

After the deadly Monsoon Rains of 2020, Federal Government took the responsibility of cleaning 3 major storm water drains of Karachi.

First of which, Mehmoodabad Nullah is complete & will be inaugurated by Planning Minister Asad Umar today.

1639845895841.png

1639845985197.png

1639846008221.png

1639846034989.png

what a shame, a city like karachi, earning and paying in billions of dollars is celebrating revamping of a sewerage/drainage nullah.
Honestly this is exactly what I was thinking
PC pm is here for this?
Literally cities in Pak itself do this kind of work like it's nothing but when your biggest city does it
It becomes a big deal?

Excepted for illegal housing and Thier demolition, everything else sounds normal

Mehmoodabad Nala Inauguration
Encroachment Update - Modern Nala

Dec 23, 2021

Honestly this is exactly what I was thinking
PC pm is here for this?
Literally cities in Pak itself do this kind of work like it's nothing but when your biggest city does it
It becomes a big deal?

Excepted for illegal housing and Thier demolition, everything else sounds normal
Not on this scale

Back
Top Bottom