What's new

Karachi Circular Railway to resume operations from Nov 16: Pakistan Railways

LoL

Anyhow Karachittes can now fully appreciate the railway minister with BLOOD on his hands for Raiwind Train Massacre.
hornorable Sheik Rasheed sahib's watch

are you saying Mr. Rashid is the last railway option too?

Karachi is the financial capital of Pakistan and its people deserve modern urban transit. The orange line in Lahore will remove a major bottleneck in the city and improve the quality of life. There’s a direct link between a robust urban transit system and economic growth.

Pakistanis need to look at such projects not simply in monetary terms but the multiplier impact they have. This is why Pakistan’s space program has stayed dormant for decades, even though Pakistan was one of the first countries in Asia to join the space race.

Planners saw the space program as a luxury item. One of the long running arguments on this forum is that Pakistan doesn’t need to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in space projects simply to put one or two satellites in space; without understanding that a robust space program advances a culture of science and technology and benefits the entire economic ecosystem. Again, there are many studies on the connection between space program and economic impact it has.

Pakistan has missed the train number of times due to such fatalistic reasonings.

You have posted an image of an Amtrak train and New York subway train. Both of these are decades ahead of anything in Pakistan. You must have not been inside of either, hence your simplistic and laughable rebuttal. Drink some water and get some fresh air.

Before anyhing else, Karachites Deserve to Develop a Brain to ellect the right ones. SO do the rest of Sindh.
Stop complaining and do what is need to be done. Thats my opinion

Before anyhing else, Karachites Deserve to Develop a Brain to ellect the right ones. SO do the rest of Sindh.
Stop complaining and do what is need to be done. Thats my opinion
what is your opinion on 50 percent of population who doesn't go to the polls for various reasons whatsoever?

Destroyed by Karachi's beloved MQM

City like karachi having metro of 1900 century. Amazing thing is it was already there till 1990 but discontinued or destroyed due to the LOVE of karachi. Thanks for the favor Pakistan 🤣

Agreed 100%. I said the project (modern urban transit) is vital for Lahore. I agree that it will remove a major bottleneck in the development of the city and its economy. I'm a Karachiite and I am all for putting the sexiest public transport system in Karachi, however, I am also a Pakistani and need to think about the cost to the country.

I was actually saying the same thing you said on another thread today. Agreed 100%. Pakistan's space program is a hostage to several other factors such as military capture as well but that is a discussion for another thread.

I am only saying that Pakistan is a country with limited resources, and therefore, we should aim for multiple and expansive, low-cost medium-tech solutions, as opposed to a few, high-cost high-tech solutions (which I think the Orange Line is). The point being getting more bang for the buck. Especially since good public transport is missing basically everywhere in Pakistan and we simply don't have the fiscal space to put an Orange Line in every major city. Instead of putting another Orange Line in Karachi, let's put a KCR in 10 major cities including Karachi.

This article makes the point I am making:
Agreed 100%. I said the project (modern urban transit) is vital for Lahore. I agree that it will remove a major bottleneck in the development of the city and its economy. I'm a Karachiite and I am all for putting the sexiest public transport system in Karachi, however, I am also a Pakistani and need to think about the cost to the country.

I was actually saying the same thing you said on another thread today. Agreed 100%. Pakistan's space program is a hostage to several other factors such as military capture as well but that is a discussion for another thread.

I am only saying that Pakistan is a country with limited resources, and therefore, we should aim for multiple and expansive, low-cost medium-tech solutions, as opposed to a few, high-cost high-tech solutions (which I think the Orange Line is). The point being getting more bang for the buck. Especially since good public transport is missing basically everywhere in Pakistan and we simply don't have the fiscal space to put an Orange Line in every major city. Instead of putting another Orange Line in Karachi, let's put a KCR in 10 major cities including Karachi.

This article makes the point I am making:

Agreed.

yes, financial constraints is a legitimate issue for Pakistan, but so is waste. Pakistan wastes billions of $$ each year on defunct state owned enterprises such as PIA and Pakistan Steel Mills. In fact, the PSM hasn’t produced a single product for almost a decade, but it continues to employ thousands of employees and sucks billions of usd each year.

Pakistan requires serious institutional reforms and an honest assessment of the current situation and where Pakistanis want their country to be in the future.

@baqai @PaklovesTurkiye @YeBeWarned

Abay kahan chal rahi hai yeh train? Mujhai to kahin nahi dikhai di poorai shehar main?

Sirf is video main hi chal rahi hai shaid

5+ Saal se tu Jangla bus ki construction dekh raha hun, bechare logo ke pheproon pe itni mitti bhar gaye hai ke apna 80 gaz ka makaan bana len , bus tu chalane mai maut ati hai in ko , Rrailway kia chalayen gay !!!!

Sometimes it is best to enjoy a moment of achievement

Long Term strategy for Pakistan should be 48 Administrative Mini Provinces

Millions and millions of bikes given away in Amir's liaquat gameshows have swarmed Karachi roads .. you shoo away one , another one comes flying around .. It's a driving hell.. hopefully this train can take some of that load .
The down side of these trains would be that they are super noisy.. and antique .. regardless something to startoff..
The trains should have a gps enabled navigation system that lists each station..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom