What's new

Joining Pakistan Army

Apprentice

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Okay so here goes. So I have always been fiercely patriotic but was unsure of what to do in life. I am 20 years old and currently doing a law degree (5 year programme). I might not finish the degree till I am 23-24.

My mum always encouraged me to join Army and all of a sudden it has dawned on me that maybe I should join. ITS THE ULTIMATE PATRIOTS CLUB and there's no better way of serving my beloved Pakistan.

The problem is that I am a dual national (Australian citizen also and lived in Australia for most of my life). I can speak Urdu reasonably well, know Pakistan's history, geography and everything about the country really well (have been a wikipedia editor fighting Indian POV on Pakistan related articles). I can also read Urdu to an extent (but I have trouble writing it).

So I was reading up about the requirements. I am okay with not studying any longer because I might not finish my degree till the time I reach the Army age limit.

Apparently dual nationals have no business in the Army (but my loyalty has always been to Pakistan, never Australia). That means I have to renounce Aus citizenship. Fine. But I also need a backup plan. If I get rejected by the Army what will I do without Australian citizenship? How will I return to Australia to resume my studies?

Any advice plz?

Okay so here goes. So I have always been fiercely patriotic but was unsure of what to do in life. I am 20 years old and currently doing a law degree (5 year programme). I might not finish the degree till I am 23-24.

My mum always encouraged me to join Army and all of a sudden it has dawned on me that maybe I should join. ITS THE ULTIMATE PATRIOTS CLUB and there's no better way of serving my beloved Pakistan.

The problem is that I am a dual national (Australian citizen also and lived in Australia for most of my life). I can speak Urdu reasonably well, know Pakistan's history, geography and everything about the country really well (have been a wikipedia editor fighting Indian POV on Pakistan related articles). I can also read Urdu to an extent (but I have trouble writing it).

So I was reading up about the requirements. I am okay with not studying any longer because I might not finish my degree till the time I reach the Army age limit.

Apparently dual nationals have no business in the Army (but my loyalty has always been to Pakistan, never Australia). That means I have to renounce Aus citizenship. Fine. But I also need a backup plan. If I get rejected by the Army what will I do without Australian citizenship? How will I return to Australia to resume my studies?

Any advice plz?
just go for ISSB examination if you are inter pass
or you can go into technical cadet course and can do systems, aeronautical and other engineering fields
i m also going to join this time i m 18 and going for systems engineering
dont know much about dual nationality but pretty sure u will have to get rid of it only after u pass both examination and interview

Any advice plz?

My sincere advise is

1) Don't get emotional. It happens in your age

2) Don't renounce your Aussie Citizenship

3) Forget about joining Army

4) Continue and complete your studies.

5) Get a job and enjoy life as an Aussie

I would give the same advise even if you were an Indian.

Any advice plz?

Well my friend I am from Canberra too, you have to go through the entire process first, for you, their is no initial test initial medical and interview, you will be called for an ISSB right away, when you apply. Once you are selected than you will be asked to renounce Australian Citizenship not before that. So, at least you will know that you are being selected or rejected.
I do not know the level of Patriotism you have mate because I do not know you personally. But in my opinion you should continue with your law degree, for the last 6 months I have been living here in Pakistan and I tried twice to get in the Air force but didn't had a luck. Besides, their is a huge difference between the attitude of Australians and Pakistanis. I was also born overseas and have lived almost the entire life abroad. I too find it difficult sometimes to communicate and understand People in here.
The life you are living out there is far much different than the life you will have here once you are successfully selected. I am not discouraging you neither I am trying to demoralize the virtual significance of Pakistanis, but what I have had experience myself was worthy enough to share it with you, this is your life and you gonna have to make the decisions about it, you have asked for an opinion and here is one for you.

THE ULTIMATE PATRIOTS CLUB and there's no better way of serving my beloved Pakistan.
Appreciate your enthusiasm and love for your homeland and naturally joining PA is a great honour and a service to the nation. Also it is great career if you follow all the rules.
However as you claimed there is NO better...well that's factually incorrect....The best way any Pakistan can serve the nation is by becoming a great scientist like Dr AQ Khan...His contribution to the defence of our nation far exceeds anything else.
However since your are not into the science then the best way for you is join the PA.

My sincere advise is

1) Don't get emotional. It happens in your age

2) Don't renounce your Aussie Citizenship

3) Forget about joining Army

4) Continue and complete your studies.

5) Get a job and enjoy life as an Aussie

I would give the same advise even if you were an Indian.
yes that will be my advice as well

Back
Top Bottom