What's new

Job seeking Jats threaten to disrupt Commonwealth Games

Why are Pakistani's so worried about India's internal matter,that they themselves start a thread over it!?:haha:

They are same community and difference in pronouncing or spelling their name does not make any difference. The Jat people are a historical Indo-Aryan tribal group native to the Punjab region, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.

Bang on. The ones that are Hindi speaking pronounce it as Jaats, while the Punjabi speaking Sikhs in Indian and Muslims in Pakistan pronounce it as Jatt/Jat/Jutt.

The Sikh Jat consider themselves Brahmin of Sikhism. They have superiority complex vis-à-vis Sikhs of other castes. I have seen more casteism among Sikhs than Hindus in Canada.

RobbieS has already answered it, but since it was directed to me, let me reply as well, to be honest yes, they feel themselves a litle superior compared to others, but you cannot call this casteism..this sense of superiority comes with mainly attitude and way of leading the life..usually King size :D

on another note - you could have compared it like the Kshatriyas in hindus than a Brahmin.

Bang on. The ones that are Hindi speaking pronounce it as Jaats, while the Punjabi speaking Sikhs in Indian and Muslims in Pakistan pronounce it as Jatt/Jat/Jutt.

but its better to spell it differently since it helps in distinguishing..atleast among the Indians or else people get confused.:D

but its better to spell it differently since it helps in distinguishing..atleast among the Indians or else people get confused.:D

I know. :) I dont have anything against the Hindi speaking Jaats, but they kind of have a not-so-decent name in and around Delhi where I often visit for work.

More information on Indias internal affairs..for people from other parts of India and also people interested in India(Well wisher or not)

AJGuRR The Crocodile:devil:

A= Ahir
J=Jat
Gu=Gujar
R=Rhod
R=Rajput

These are the deadly martial castes of Northern India. All very very rich and big landlords. But the problem many are not very educated, so GOI decided to lure them into education by giving reservation into jobs.
Gujars, Ahir are already reserved, but the problem is with the Jats, there are two sections, one favors it(That small group not that well financially) the other vast majority does not, they consider it against their pride.
Rode and Rajput also don't have any reservation..

For an outsider it would be very difficult to differentiate between the two, all consider themselves superior to other. Rajputs have their own pride.

Last edited:
The Sikh Jat consider themselves Brahmin of Sikhism. They have superiority complex vis-à-vis Sikhs of other castes. I have seen more casteism among Sikhs than Hindus in Canada.

You have just nailed it Sir!! Sikhs are more racist than anyone I have seen on this planet earth!! being Sikh myself I totally hate being one!!

Why are Pakistani's so worried about India's internal matter,that they themselves start a thread over it!?

Maybe you need to clean your glasses, because this Forum is a Pakistani Defence forum.

You have just nailed it Sir!! Sikhs are more racist than anyone I have seen on this planet earth!! being Sikh myself I totally hate being one!!

Which type of Sikh are you? Your first and opening remark is suspect???The Sikhs are not just Jatt, but all 5 of above + some lower cast, same group can be found amongst Monas(Non Sikhs). Well in a way we all Indians take pride in calling our group the best and the rest a second fiddle.
But to get the real feel instead of feeling ashamed try spending more time in India, then you will enjoy the true diversity.

Why are Pakistani's so worried about India's internal matter,that they themselves start a thread over it!?:haha:

Aur becharo pe entertainment ka jaariya to hai nahi, inhe apne jaale hue khoon ko kuch shagoon mil jaata hai aisi baate kar ke..:azn:

Which type of Sikh are you? Your first and opening remark is suspect???The Sikhs are not just Jatt, but all 5 of above + some lower cast, same group can be found amongst Monas(Non Sikhs). Well in a way we all Indians take pride in calling our group the best and the rest a second fiddle.
But to get the real feel instead of feeling ashamed try spending more time in India, then you will enjoy the true diversity.

You stupid person I did my undergrad from Punjab where I have seen this dirtyness of caste system, I went to Sikh school during 1st to 4th grade in Delhi, where they taught all Sikhs are equal but what you see in reality is full of caste System.

I am Rajput by blood but I don't discriminate since I have spent most of my first 21 yrs in Delhi which is mostly diverse and lived with Hindus which I consider are far more tolerant than fellow Sikhs.

Goto Shaadi.com and check out urself if you think I am shitting.

it has been discussed...may be you mean they have casteism or a sense of superiority, and that too within jatts.

But racists....I do not agree..I dont know about you though.

You stupid person I did my undergrad from Punjab where I have seen this dirtyness of caste system, I went to Sikh school during 1st to 4th grade in Delhi, where they taught all Sikhs are equal but what you see in reality is full of caste System.

I am Rajput by blood but I don't discriminate since I have spent most of my first 21 yrs in Delhi which is mostly diverse and lived with Hindus which I consider are far more tolerant than fellow Sikhs.

Goto Shaadi.com and check out urself if you think I am shitting.
\

Mind your language..:frown:

You are showing your true colors, I am again saying either you are not an Indian, if you are, then your racist opinion about yourself means you are a loser.
I have no time or energy for foul mouthed people like you.A person who can not put his of view intelligently, but argues senselessly can never be expected to be tolerant himself.

In future if you have any thing sensible to say respond otherwise I have no intention to reply to your childish remarks.

\

Mind your language..:frown:

You are showing your true colors, I am again saying either you are not an Indian, if you are, then your racist opinion about yourself means you are a loser.
I have no time or energy for foul mouthed people like you.A person who can not put his of view intelligently, but argues senselessly can never be expected to be tolerant himself.

In future if you have any thing sensible to say respond otherwise I have no intention to reply to your childish remarks.

Stop assuming about others who is Indian or not and no one will reply to your post. I don't need to prove to any Bhim pita maa who I am.

And also don't forget to show me your true colors Mr Winner with maple leaf

Harry yaar, you speak more with your emotions than anything else. Its unfortunate to hear those remarks. But whats even more unfortunate is that you chose to ignore and look over everything that is good in the religion/community that your were born into but hate it for the one reason that you mentioned above.

I am not a scholar of Sikhism, but one thing is certain that it hasnt been able to unshackle the tribal and caste bonds developed over thousands of years. A Jatt shouldnt feel any closer to a fellow Jatt than he does to a Arora/Khatri, a Lubana or a Majhabi. But that is not the case. Simply because the tribal loyalties have preceded religious ones. Jatts using their tribal names instead of just Singhs/Kaur is another indicator of their pride in their tribe.

Another fact that is sadly true is that non-Jatts today are the future of Sikhism. So although the supposed political flag-bearers of Sikhism, the Akalis are all Jatts, the percentage of Jatts who are unshorn and wear Turban has declined drastically. This is increasingly true for non-Jatts in Punjab as well. Instead other communities will soon be the torch-bearers of Sikhism, which is sad for such a proud and brave community as the Jatts.

Back
Top Bottom