What's new

JL-3 Test

Those China-specified US Ohio class boomers are stationed in the Hawaii, while those Russia-specified are patrolling in the Atlantic coast.

To target China from the Atlantic coast means that you will have to reduce the payload of your D5 missiles.

Less payload means fewer warhead.

Warheads were already reduced because of START treaty. And I can tell you for a fact that the Trident boats can currently hit China from the Atlantic Ocean with its current payload. And they are not based in Hawaii.

Warheads were already reduced because of START treaty. And I can tell you for a fact that the Trident boats can currently hit China from the Atlantic Ocean with its current payload. And they are not based in Hawaii.

Well, you can hit China with eight W88 warheads per missile, now from the Atlantic coast, you can only hit with 3-4 warheads per missile.

Well, you can hit China with eight W88 warheads per missile, now from the Atlantic coast, you can only hit with 3-4 warheads per missile.

Getting hit by about a hundred warheads from one boat is the least of China's problems.

i think 12,000km range more than enough, or future enhancement can make it smaller.

From the Atlantic coast, it should be 72-96 warheads per boat.

While from the Hawaii, it should be 192 warheads per boat.

BTW, you also have to split your nukes for both Russia and China.

Okay lets say all our 14 boats have only 72-96 warheads each. Thats 1008-1344 warheads. Then you halve for two countries Russia and China alone.

So thats 502-672 warheads between the two countries. Excluding the usage of other warheads like on the Minuteman missiles.

Okay lets say all our 14 boats have only 72-96 warheads each. Thats 1008-1344 warheads. Then you halve for two countries Russia and China alone.

So thats 502-672 warheads between the two countries. Excluding the usage of other warheads like on the Minuteman missiles.

Don't mess with China!

Why do you need to hit China with 600 warhead?

32 warhead is enough to wipe out whole USA.

Can we please leave out politics especially since no-one (and no-one even in China and the USA) will think about a nuclear conflict between both ...

What I however would like to know is about the source: I do not know it ??? Is is something official, a private fan-blog or what ??

Thanks in advance,
Deino

The real code name for JL-3 is JL-2B, and its range is about 14000km, the CEP is around 40 meters.

China has also finished the development of the Type 096.

The test platform for JL-3 will be the Type 032 which also served as the test platform for JL-2A.

浅析中国096型战略核潜艇 - 军工、军事新闻,航天新闻 - UCAS-国科环宇 VPX产品 OpenVPX产品
Interesting things I must say China testing a Missile from a new Submarine which according to news Pakistan is also looking to buy really interesting

Back
Top Bottom