What's new

JL-3 Test

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
hell! this was fast

The real threshold was JL-2, when this missile has become mature, China does have no problem to bring JL-3 on the table.

Who needs a 14000 km SLBM!!! A 10000 km good SLBM is enough.

I think it is just a 11000+ km SLBM with a full payload of more than 2500kg.

Since JL-2A is about 8000km/2800kg.

Last edited:
The real threshold was JL-2, when this missile has become mature, China does have no problem to bring JL-3 on the table.

I think it is just a 11000+ km SLBM with a full payload of more than 2500kg.

Since JL-2A is about 8000km/2800kg.

So essentially can China fire at Washington from the South China Sea?

So essentially can China fire at Washington from the South China Sea?

If you have a missile with at least 12,000km you can pretty much hit anywhere. A Trident boat can hit China from the Atlantic Ocean.

With JL-2B, China can hit anywhere in the world from its terratorial waters near its coast.

The only remaining issues are payload weight, reliability and numbers.

That level of missile technology is quite hard for a dreamer like India to imagine... there is 1 way

to get around it however: India only needs to tie Modi Ji to its future missile head to reach the similar

sophistication of JL-1, becasue I am sure he can brag his way to the target :woot:

With JL-2B, China can hit anywhere in the world from its terratorial waters near its coast.

That level of missile technology is quite hard for a dreamer like India to imagine... there is 1 way

to get around it however: India only needs to tie Modi Ji to its future missile head to reach the similar

sophistication of JL-1, becasue I am sure he can brag his way to the target :woot:

OH man you are funny!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is China comfortable with underwater launches of missiles?

I remember reading somewhere that China used to launch missiles after surfacing. (I am sure I read it in a good source, but could be wrong. Hence want to confirm)

If you have a missile with at least 12,000km you can pretty much hit anywhere. A Trident boat can hit China from the Atlantic Ocean.

Those China-specified US Ohio class boomers are stationed in the Hawaii, while those Russia-specified are patrolling in the Atlantic coast.

To target China from the Atlantic coast means that you will have to reduce the payload of your D5 missiles.

Less payload means fewer warhead.

The goal of JL-2B (JL-3) is to achieve a much greater payload than JL-2A.

JL-2A can hit beyond 12000km too, but the payload has to be reduced with only 3 thermonuclear warheads maximum.

JL-2B can make sure to hit the target away from 12000km with 10 thermonuclear warheads.

Is China comfortable with underwater launches of missiles?

I remember reading somewhere that China used to launch missiles after surfacing. (I am sure I read it in a good source, but could be wrong. Hence want to confirm)

Never heard of Kung fu? No doubt in my mind that the Chinese are confortable with underwater launch of anything, amchete included. As a seeker, Modi ji has to practise a little bit how to hold his big mouth tight though when he's underwater.:lol:

Never heard of Kung fu? No doubt in my mind that the Chinese are confortable with underwater launch of anything, amchete included. As a seeker, Modi ji has to practise a little bit how to hold his big mouth tight though when he's underwater.:lol:

Let's stick to the topic, and no need to bring India into the discussion.

Here is China's newly developed solid fuel propellants which are superior to the NEPE propellant using by the Trident II D5.

JL-2 is now more advanced than D5

Last edited:
Any pictures? The Chinese link does not seem to be working.

Not anytime soon, since China always puts a lot of element of surprise in their nuclear arsenal and nuclear sub fleet.

Maybe the URL is in China, hence the difficulty to access.

BTW, the DF-31 family uses the HTPB propellant, while the JL-2 family uses the N-15 propellant.

The N-15 is apparently superior to the HTPB.

Back
Top Bottom