What's new

JF-17 with AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 misile will replace F16 as top jet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA defense industry is focused on the F-35....the F-16 production line is close to its end. I'm not sure all the terms on the F-16 from the Americans..but we fly them for as long as possible. If allowed, we develop an in house overhaul & upgrade program like mirage rose...so we may be able to keep them flying for some time. And even acquire used ones from other nations to build our fleet. The tech developed for JF-17 can be used as part of an F-16 rose initiative.
They 'almost' halted production of F-16 variants, got bored, and churned out cutting-edge F-16 Block 70/72 consequently. New orders incoming. Now they are like oh well.... :lol:

Yes, F-16 fleet of PAF is not going anywhere anytime soon after MLU upgrades and induction of 18 x Block 52+ variants. These aircraft have their own set of advantages with no substitute around the corner.

In fact, PAF should take a look at Block 70/72 variants as well - superb birds by any measure.

screenshot-www-lockheedmartin-com-2018-11-11-17-32-16.png

Slovakian assessment of F-16 Block 70/72 variants: https://www.armadninoviny.cz/potvrzeno-slovensko-kupuje-stihacky-f-16-block-7072.html?stranka=4

Completely outclassed the latest Gripen JAS-39 C in competition.

They 'almost' halted production of F-16 variants, got bored, and churned out cutting-edge F-16 Block 70/72 consequently. New orders incoming. Now they are like oh well.... :lol:

Yes, F-16 fleet of PAF is not going anywhere anytime soon after MLU upgrades and induction of 18 x Block 52+ variants. These aircraft have their own set of advantages with no substitute around the corner.

In fact, PAF should take a look at Block 70/72 variants as well - superb birds by any measure.

Slovakian assessment of F-16 Block 70/72 variants: https://www.armadninoviny.cz/potvrzeno-slovensko-kupuje-stihacky-f-16-block-7072.html?stranka=4

I think the block 70 with aim120d/9x will outclass any 4.5 gen aircraft including the rafale and typhoon

If its available its worthwhile spending 3b$ for 18+18upgrade ofb52..

But i doubt it would be given ..especially with successful indian lobbying and our polcies that has made us an enemy in eyes of Congress

Will the JF-17 with an AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 missile will replace the F-16 as the top fighter in the PAF?

The JF-17 with the block 3 package is cheaper to run and is a superior package to the PAF’s F-16 (not the USAF version) so if the block 3 package works (not a given) then yes it will replace the F-16 as the number 1.

Depends, if Thunder would be given a kickass EW Suite, DFRM, along with AESA Radar, PL-15s + AIM-9X/Python-5 type WVR missiles and an energy management system that combines with an engine that can make it accelerate at levels which supercede F-16s, then yes.

F-16 production is close to its end. The new versions cost as much or more then F35. Iraq spent close to 200 million per plane for a few F16. That's more than F35. Only a few oil rich states will even look at it...and that number is decreasing with weak oil prices.

I think one of the factors people are failing to understand is the difference between the 2 missions. The difference appears to be the efficacy of the EW on the part of PAF as compared to failure on the part of IAF. If the PAF had followed IAF into IOK the results on the 26th could well have been disasterous for PAF. So PAF won because it chose to fight its war on its own terms.
A
Absolutely, bro.

People are overlooking the STRATEGY of PAF in dealing with IAF in the recent clash. PAF brought its electronic warfare capabilities to bear against IAF with BLINDERS SQUADRON on the back-end and employed a mix of F-16 and JF-17 aircraft to bait-and-ambush IAF aircraft in search for potential kills when they approached LOC in hot pursuit.

Very impressive to say the least.

I believe that PAF took lessons from RED FLAG 2010 event to heart. One of the pilots who shot down an Indian aircraft in the recent clash was in RED FLAG 2010.

F-16 production is close to its end. The new versions cost as much or more then F35. Iraq spent close to 200 million per plane for a few F16. That's more than F35. Only a few oil rich states will even look at it...and that number is decreasing with weak oil prices.
These type of deals usually involve lot of stuff accompanying the aircraft (package factor), and this is why cost-per-aircraft increases to enormous levels if you look at the package in this way. Iraq had to establish necessary infrastructure for F-16 aircraft from scratch and therefore affiliated costs were so high.

Slovakia, Bulgaria, Morocco, Greece, Bahrain and Taiwan have placed orders for the latest Block 70/72 variants recently. Production lines have restarted actually.

Absolutely, bro.

People are overlooking the STRATEGY of PAF in dealing with IAF in the recent clash. PAF brought its electronic warfare capabilities to bear against IAF with BLINDERS SQUADRON on the back-end and employed a mix of F-16 and JF-17 aircraft to bait-and-ambush IAF aircraft in search for potential kills when they approached LOC in hot pursuit.

Very impressive to say the least.

I believe that PAF took lessons from RED FLAG 2010 event to heart. One of the pilots who shot down an Indian aircraft in the recent clash was in RED FLAG 2010.

These type of deals usually involve lot of stuff accompanying the aircraft (package factor), and this is why cost-per-aircraft increases to enormous levels if you look at the package in this way. Iraq had to establish necessary infrastructure for F-16 aircraft from scratch and therefore affiliated costs were so high.

Slovakia, Bulgaria, Morocco, Greece, Bahrain and Taiwan have placed orders for the latest Block 70/72 variants recently. Production lines have restarted actually.

Low batch deals....At very high prices. The F-16's glory days in PAF are also coming to close. They will remain in service for some time but they will no longer be the spear tip. Unless we develop an in house overhaul/upgrade program its time to move on

My friend,

Thunder needed some real life target practice. That is why only JF-17 Thunder was used.

The PAF boys wanted to check the SD10A too... everything worked out pretty fine.

The rest is just guessing.

Block III is coming....and now indians know what Thunders can do!

That is why they are crying for Rafael.

Take care,

Mangus
Thanks to Modi and BS for offering PAF this grand opportunity to test all of their men, equipment, doctrines, tactitics, preps, qualities etc. including serving tea to the downed pilots...

I think one of the factors people are failing to understand is the difference between the 2 missions. The difference appears to be the efficacy of the EW on the part of PAF as compared to failure on the part of IAF. If the PAF had followed IAF into IOK the results on the 26th could well have been disasterous for PAF. So PAF won because it chose to fight its war on its own terms.
A
Not necessary. LOC is just a matter of divided line between countries. The AWACS and AEW radar overlapped into each other territories scanning and monitor each other movement. The fact PAF lures Mig-21 Bison into Pakistan Airspace and shot it down is to get evidence of IAF aircraft shot down inside Pakistan airspace and prove to the whole world who won and justification that PAF is defending rather than being an aggressor since PA is able to recovered those wreckage under its own territories. This is more of diplomatic move than military tactical.

If your AWACS and AEW and avionic system are strong, it doesnt matter u fight in your airspace or (50km-100km) venture into foe territories.

I think u still do not know the reason why PAF shall not buy American product even its invincible.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/news...isuse-of-f-16-aircraft-by-pakistan/ar-BBUhiKd

After India puts out proof, US seeks more information on misuse of F-16 aircraft by Pakistan

You dont need a genius to tells u that US stand in the camp of India. Yet as a Pakistanis still advocate buying American product. You are a disgrace to Pakistan.

I think u still do not know the reason why PAF shall not buy American product even its invincible.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/news...isuse-of-f-16-aircraft-by-pakistan/ar-BBUhiKd

After India puts out proof, US seeks more information on misuse of F-16 aircraft by Pakistan

You dont need a genius to tells u that US stand in the camp of India. Yet as a Pakistanis still advocate buying American product. You are a disgrace to Pakistan.
That was a political stunt to soothe Indian temper to diffuse tensions between Pakistan and India, nothing concrete.

I know through my contacts that their are no restrictions on the use of F-16 aircraft in relation to defensive needs of Pakistan. Therefore, I don't need to rely upon any genius to educate me in this regard, my naive Chinese friend.

NEWS FLASH: https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...stan-to-use-f-16-as-deterrence-against-india/

;)

Nevertheless, PAF is cash-strapped at present, and focused on 'localized platforms' to fulfill its needs. Therefore, I do not think that it will pursue a multi-billion dollar deal for a cutting-edge Western product anytime soon. But it does not hurts to take a look at the very best of F-16 platform out there since PAF is operating a fleet; whether a deal materialize or not, is another story. SO RELAX.

---

Now, US - India relations at their finest:

[1] https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/05/economy/india-us-trade/index.html

[2] https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/07/23/india-is-the-weakest-link-in-the-quad/

A large number of Americans out there who are no fan of India. It is just that India is a huge market, and US wants to MILK it much like GCC markets. Come on now.

Pakistan have its own geopolitical significance and improving its GAME. US will desire a working relationship with Pakistan for indefinite period.

Last edited:
Jf17 is keep envloving, but F16 in PAF is not.

blk52 is the best they can do.

As IAF really sucks, so dont worry.

rumor said IAF used SAM bought from Israel knocked down their very own helicopter when they supposed to lock on jF17, what a stupid nation.

This is coming from a guy whose country's biggest military command (Nanjing) was crippled by a single EA-16B EW aircraft in the 1990s. Don't throw shade at others when you don't have the accolades or wares to wield the military power that you so admire.

Anyways, back to topic...

This is coming from a guy whose country's biggest military command (Nanjing) was crippled by a single EA-16B EW aircraft in the 1990s. Don't throw shade at others when you don't have the accolades or wares to wield the military power that you so admire.

This thing is a BEAST to be honest. One of these took good care of Russian defenses in Syria during US-led strikes over Syrian regime targets back in 2018 - declassified information. Of-course, Russians will not admit this in public - shame factor.

That was a political stunt to soothe Indian temper to diffuse tensions between Pakistan and India, nothing concrete.

I know through my contacts that their are no restrictions on the use of F-16 aircraft in relation to defensive needs of Pakistan. Therefore, I don't need to rely upon any genius to educate me in this regard, my naive Chinese friend.

NEWS FLASH: https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...stan-to-use-f-16-as-deterrence-against-india/

;)

Nevertheless, PAF is cash-strapped at present, and focused on 'localized platforms' to fulfill its needs. Therefore, I do not think that it will pursue a multi-billion dollar deal for a cutting-edge Western product anytime soon. But it does not hurts to take a look at the very best of F-16 platform out there since PAF is operating a fleet; whether a deal materialize or not, is another story. SO RELAX.

---

Now, US - India relations at their finest:

[1] https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/05/economy/india-us-trade/index.html

[2] https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/07/23/india-is-the-weakest-link-in-the-quad/

A large number of Americans out there who are no fan of India. It is just that India is a huge market, and US wants to MILK it much like GCC markets. Come on now.

Pakistan have its own geopolitical significance and improving its GAME. US will desire a working relationship with Pakistan for indefinite period.

So Pakistan neither has the market nor good r/s with US plus its close r/s with China. You expect US will treat Pakistan same level as India? It doesnt hurt US much to please India with small request from them to disrespect Pakistan,right?

I doubt PAF even got the chance to touch F-16V. You shall know US is wary of Pakistan. Even u have billions, I doubt US is even willing to sell. Even it sells, it will mostly be downgraded version. Asking PAF to inquire about it is just asking trouble or humiliation for Pakistanis with very likely a huge rebuke from them.

1990s? That is 29 years go. Why not bring 1900 when boxing rebellion of US soldier marched into Beijing? Or maybe you want to talk about Mongol invasion in 1300s which you think is revelant in todays context? :lol:

We are now in 2019. You sounds desperate. :enjoy:

1990s? That is 29 years go. Why not bring 1900 when boxing rebellion of US soldier marched into Beijing? Or maybe you want to talk about Mongol invasion in 1300s which you think is revelant in todays context? :lol:

We are now in 2019. You sounds desperate. :enjoy:

The point is that whatever disadvantage the IAF suffered during its standoff with Pakistan isn't foreign to the PLAAF especially during its nascent stages. This kind of arrogance is exactly what led to the 1990s incident as well as the Boxer Rebellion's utter humiliation of China as a nation.

History tends to repeat.

This thing is a BEAST to be honest. One of these took good care of Russian defenses in Syria during US-led strikes over Syrian regime targets back in 2018 - declassified information. Of-course, Russians will not admit this in public - shame factor.

The impact of EW force multipliers on a combined-arms battlefield is clearly displayed during the Gulf War. The Chinese (and the Russians to some extent) saw the conflict as a gold mine of information and lessons in their own modernization plans.

Needless to say, it is the "shock-and-awe" factor that these aircraft elicited that led to the Russians and Chinese to pursue their own EW platforms.

The point is that whatever disadvantage the IAF suffered during its standoff with Pakistan isn't foreign to the PLAAF especially during its nascent stages. This kind of arrogance is exactly what led to the 1990s incident as well as the Boxer Rebellion's utter humiliation of China as a nation.

History tends to repeat.

The impact of EW force multipliers on a combined-arms battlefield is clearly displayed during the Gulf War. The Chinese (and the Russians to some extent) saw the conflict as a gold mine of information and lessons in their own modernization plans.

Needless to say, it is the "shock-and-awe" factor that these aircraft elicited that led to the Russians and Chinese to pursue their own EW platforms.
What kind of arrogance has China or Pakistan display? Rather is more of western military and western imperialism arrogance of contempt show towards China advancement. I am not surprised at PAF defeated IAF in LOC 27 Feb engagement with JF-17 and ZDK-03 AWACS combo. It is precisely the kind of arrogance Indian and western display towards Chinese military technology that led to their defeat. You want proof? Let me show you.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...alth-fighters-are-no-match-f-22-or-f-35-35492

Sorry, China: J-20 Stealth Fighters are No Match for an F-22 or F-35

Reactions: Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom