What's new

JF-17 with AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 misile will replace F16 as top jet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind your language you moron ... rather commenting on my senses stop watching indian news channel before you mind gets permanently damaged

The irony!

Btw you shouldn't have access to internet without adult supervision. Bye

Real answer of OP's question will come to the fore only after emergence of Block-III. But I think there is going to be serious changes as preliminary design phase took some 2 and half years as per EX-ACM and media reports. Giving the geopolitical flux, it will be only wise to assume that PAF has concluded that all other options except China are non-available as far as modern combat aircarft acquisition are concerned. Money is not the only problem, think is after geostrategic partnership between India and the US, no western country wants to sell high-tech weapons to Pakistan. So, PAF taken this as blessing in disguise and decided to give JF-17 a big leap forward to emerge with a plane which will work as mainstay of PAF till Project Azm materialized (in 15-20 Years).

No never . F-16 is much more capable and proven platform which will continue service till 2040+- . JF-17 with AESA HMD and PL-15 missile will be a more capable fighter yet not replacement for F-16.
Agree. F-16 is best. Even USA will keep them until 2040s while continuously upgrading.

recent Shaheen Exe. have changed that......Now Blk3 will grow like J10c, it will have ITS capabilities and technology.

This is F16VBlk72 plus stuff.......Blk52 are good but not the destiny.....Current JF17 Blk2 is already on the level of F16Blk40/45.

With the Eo/I and other sensors it is receiving with that AIM9X standard Chinese equivalent with 90 degree kill probability just like Aim9x besides much talked abt AESA (able to operate in even extreme EW environment with atleast 170km range) PL15 standard ultra range BVR.......then IRST and other things etc etc, with even more smarter air to ground munition which r already developing for Project Azm along with our own 5th gen class A-to-A missiles (both WVR and BVR; Hint Aviation City)......these will be first inducted and tested on this very platform too mister. these Air to Ground munitions that r still secret are the main reason why the weight is being reduced on Blk3 and more hardpoints r installed. Expect more SOW weapons including cruise missiles on par with American and Chinese current class. This new ''smart bomb'' testing from CURRENT BLK2 JF17 is also a clue for you to whats Blk3 is about to carry infront of S400s and Rafales....U need to keep in mind Pakistan also saying early this year or late last year that Pakistan CAN counter S400 on its own through conventional means(u can read whatever is written abt that in media as well) this is another HINT for u.

U take this all together, and then look at the best u have right now ie Blk52, i let that to yr judgement.

ALWAYS REMEMBER; like Sohail Aman had said in 2015/16 Blk3 is being made keeping in mind the joint Rafale and S400 threat environment. And India is going to receive Rafale in September and S400 in october this year or next year. Blk52 is NOTHING even for poorly trained pilots of IAF in a joint S400-Rafale advantage that they will have starting september 2019.

Pakistan is a Monster, whom against these Superpower even couldnt go anything abt then what makes u think this India and its tiny master Israel's technologies and its even more incompetent soldiers will?

The only thing in past that we lacked was Technology(as u can see we made their Israeli missiles blow up their own helicopter etc) and we are fulfilling that ''lack'', question is has israel or india even did bothered to full fill their ''lack'' ie human proficiency? and technology can never be a substitute for that.:azn:

So bottomline is Blk3 is being made to counter successfully the joint thread posed by Rafale and S400 and Blk52 is no where close to her in both technology wise and capability wise. Performance wise a few individual systems like its APG V9 radar may still lock its enemies better not break it or a few other individual aspects, but still in the end of the day APG V9's overall capabilities are still limited against an AESA radar of Blk3. If American did gave their Sabr AESA then i may still have agreed with u on the RADAR front atleast.

But this is not the case and thats why i said that if F16s dont get update they will be replace by Project azm and Blk5/6 in next 10 years starting 2030/32

Its upto the American ego that they want to salvage their dying weapons industry or not by giving a country which has realistic chance to use them in an actual hostile environment and give their weapons much needed publicity in 21st century which their Tiny friend Israel failed to give when its F16I the most advanced outside America's own F16 was shot down by mere air defence of Syrian Army an year ago by using a mere S200 of old soviat 60s era.

@LeGenD we no longer need to degrade us or hide our capabilities as the changing geopolitics are proving to be and 27 feb has left no doubt about it, Its THEY WHO NEED US NOT US WHEN WE HAVE SOMETHING FAR BETTER COMING WHO IS ALSO BATTLE PROVEN. And Pakistan is not going to wait forever, hence the early retirement plans of F16s in next 10 years.

U have outdated mindset and information.

blk4,5,6 are all planned.......Blk4 will be semi stealth version which was originally planned for Blk3
A couple of observations if I may. I think further US Pak interaction on the weapons front will be minimal if at all. Mostly confined to MLUed 16/15s but no new platforms will be procured. Strategically we are FINALLY alligning on the opposite side which in my view AT THIS POINT IN TIME is the right approach.
I only want interaction continuing with the West. However the platforms will come from China while we slowly but surely build capacity to go our own way.
The comparisons bit is tricky as none of us here know the specifics of various radars and other equipments which come out of proper trials. I dont think paper comparisons are a good way to assess things but this is all that we have.
A

Rule is simple. Bring in Chinese platform and put them against PAF's best Falcons, get the data. Go back to drawing board. Work on new iteration of Chinese Platform with improvements.

If it continuous for a long time, specific Chinese system will eventually surpass the Best in PAF. But this is certainly not going to happen in Block-III notwithstanding the fact that this variant is going to close the gap considerably. More than 2 and half years were spent on preliminary design phase. If physical appearer is going to be the same as Block-1 and 2 have, we can safely assume that internally, it is going to be a completely different plane.

no doubt F-16 still one of the world best. Mushraff miss a golden opportunity to induct at least 100 more F-16 from 2002-2008 when Americans were ready to give anything on a very soft conditions

Rule is simple. Bring in Chinese platform and put them against PAF's best Falcons, get the data. Go back to drawing board. Work on new iteration of Chinese Platform with improvements.

If it continuous for a long time, specific Chinese system will eventually surpass the Best in PAF. But this is certainly not going to happen in Block-III notwithstanding the fact that this variant is going to close the gap considerably. More than 2 and half years were spent on preliminary design phase. If physical appearer is going to be the same as Block-1 and 2 have, we can safely assume that internally, it is going to be a completely different plane.
Arent u guys prohibited by US regime to use F-16s in exercises with china/russia?

A couple of observations if I may. I think further US Pak interaction on the weapons front will be minimal if at all. Mostly confined to MLUed 16/15s but no new platforms will be procured. Strategically we are FINALLY alligning on the opposite side which in my view AT THIS POINT IN TIME is the right approach.
I only want interaction continuing with the West. However the platforms will come from China while we slowly but surely build capacity to go our own way.
The comparisons bit is tricky as none of us here know the specifics of various radars and other equipments which come out of proper trials. I dont think paper comparisons are a good way to assess things but this is all that we have.
A
im not talking about that.

A
I have a different take on that. While Americans are concerned with a rising China and determined to contain that country (especially by sabotaging CPEC project), one must not forget that American's is a capitalist system. We ought not underestimating the power of the capitalists on the US policies. While the first American priority might be to stop the success of the CPEC project, if that does not materialize for whatever reason, American investor itself will force Uncle Sam to mend his ways. It is almost impossible for American capitalists to miss the economic/investment opportunity offered by the CPEC. Don't forget CPEC is not only all about roads and a port. In the context of natural resources in the region (including landlocked CARS), CPEC offers an access, ready infrastructure, and immediate opportunity to exploit/use those resources. I strongly feel Pak and China need to send positive signals to the American capitalists and, at an opportune time, should invite them to join the caravan. I am sure Americans wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of getting their share of the pie. That is the core of capitalist mentality. You'll not have to wait for long to see deep cracks in the US-India 'natural' alliance after that. Once Americans get involved, invest their capital in Pakistan, and have significant stakes in here, I would say getting the latest American weapons and technology won't be an issue for Pakistan despite disgusting noises by miserable crybabies to our east.

Arent u guys prohibited by US regime to use F-16s in exercises with china/russia?

No need to conduct exercise with China for evaluating JF-17 Thunder against F-16. PAF Owns both birds. Internal-exercises are enough to collect data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom