What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

What I am getting is that the Paf holding back the BLK 52 is saying that our strongest and sharpest sword has yet to be used in action---and what Iam was saying is that regardless of our speculation of the JF17---the Paf knew what it could do---and tactically---they should have allowed it to take the lead in the air to air combat.

Its success would have created a " WTF " moment around the air forces of the world and that would have been the best sales pitch forever---. Any failure could have easily be blamed on developing stage of the aircraft----.

Pakistan, it seems, has a 'safe than sorry' attitude whereas psycho neighbor has 'shoot first ask questions later' attitude. I am starting to agree with you that Pakistan needs to adopt a more pro-active and bold approach to countering the enemy.

What you are saying about JF-17 taking part in air-to-air combat on Feb 27 makes 100% complete sense. PAF already accomplished what they set out to do by bombing Indian sites now the cherry, icing and everything on the cake would have been JF-17 getting a kill. However I am not disappointed with the result but completely agree it could have been much better.

ASELPOD Advanced Targeting POD

82357399_986387441736735_5322210412484100096_o.jpg

82515952_1347491082096869_4728383509675114496_o.jpg

I'm going to have to side with @MastanKhan to not update the whole PAF fleet with AESA tantamount to one shooting himself in the foot.

If you have access to resources and partners that can offer this tech might as well go full force and upgrade. @MastanKhan has a valid point you have few air craft with AESA and the base is blown to bits and those birds knocked out and all you have left is AESA less fleet what good it that?

The Pakistani mindset of doing less is going to bite us in the end if we keep thinking along the "minimum" mindset which never helped us in any major wars to inflict a decisive defeat on the enemy.

Hi,

What I am getting is that the Paf holding back the BLK 52 is saying that our strongest and sharpest sword has yet to be used in action---and what Iam was saying is that regardless of our speculation of the JF17---the Paf knew what it could do---and tactically---they should have allowed it to take the lead in the air to air combat.

Its success would have created a " WTF " moment around the air forces of the world and that would have been the best sales pitch forever---. Any failure could have easily be blamed on developing stage of the aircraft----.

PAF knew they needed AMRAAM to outgun IAF BVR missiles. SD-10 and Indian BVR has similar ranges. China advertises 70 KM range for SD-10 A. SD-10 A wouldn't able to deter SU-30 at long ranges the way AMRAAM deterred SU-30's.

China advertises 70 KM range for SD-10 A
Curious ... as far as I know ... SD-10 has a range of 70km and SD-10A is an improved version of that missile with extended range. But I could be wrong.

For an extended range maritime strike, the JF-17 may adopt this configuration.

83732683_2421441321438636_4928347132458434560_o.jpg

Per my conversation with .... jf carry less fuel then mirage 5 internal as well as external but still beats it in range as mirage turbojet is fuel guzzler and rd-93 being turbofan much better fuel performance and beats mirage in range even in martitime

Mirage after on burner fuel burn rate is very very high compared to modern systems

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom