What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The 4th prototype of jft enabled PAF to replace all its 2nd gen fighters with a 4th gen light multirole BVR capable home grown fighter

However it is a light fighter which has inherent limitations in structure and performance. These limitations are exposed even further viz a viz IAF. That is why members want to replace the mirages with J-10 or some other decent strike platform and not JFT

I have a question to all of you, and that is do you really think the jf 17 is a truly viable aircraft

In my opinion i don't because the jf-17 is only a 3rd generation fighter and that this project should be restarted to make a more advanced plane which would at least be acceptable for world standards

sorry for the lack of detail because i rushed this

Hi,

Thank you for asking this question. The parameters and electronics package that this aircraft was originally designed for---if they had all come together at that time---we would not be looking for any F16's at this stage.

That is how strong and potent the perceived package was at the time of its development.

The problem happened---when the paf kept thinking about me me & me----and not thinking about we we & we----we means one of the partners in developing the JF17.

The partner off course was france---. They were ambitiously awaiting pakistan order either the mirage 2k or the rafale after the sanctions---.

Paf walked away went for the F16's one more time---. They started up with thales I believe for the package on the JF17---and right just when the JF17 became available-----the french did the same to pakistan what pakistan did to france a few years ago.

The set back for the french package just smashed the paf like mashed pulp into the ground. From being an extra ordinary and outstanding aircraft in its class---it became an ordinary aircraft.

Paf had to start working on the electronics package all over from the start whilst the aircraft was all ready and able for flight.

So---with the right equipment and package---it is a great value for the money.

I have a question to all of you, and that is do you really think the jf 17 is a truly viable aircraft

In my opinion i don't because the jf-17 is only a 3rd generation fighter and that this project should be restarted to make a more advanced plane which would at least be acceptable for world standards

sorry for the lack of detail because i rushed this

That is your opinion keep it to yourself.

You didn't spend effort in using the search feature and nor did you value other people's contribution made over several years on this forum.

Instead you opted to open a thread so that your individual lazy request could be served.
Your total messages including this is 7; not sure why they let you open the thread @Horus

You and your behavior represents what is wrong with Pakistan's education sector.

That will make it close to 4.5 gen
The issue is not what generation the jet is but how useful it can be . Some features which are found in newer generations are not needed in our region or the type of war we expect. This plane may never achieve certain features because they are deemed unimportant for our defence needs.

Seems the first production aircraft painted in Chinese and Pakistani colours is back in China.

jf_17_arrives.jpg

Cgi0OgTUgAAOzge.jpg

''I believe WS-13E has just achieved design certification, so it makes sense that mass production will start a year later.
tphuang Apr 27, 2016

''I believe WS-13E has just achieved design certification, so it makes sense that mass production will start a year later.
tphuang Apr 27, 2016

What are the specifications of WS-13E?

start production mean - ready to deploy for active service?

not missing out on at least three types of drones.

You are right boss though these 3 got my eyes firstly. I am all hopeful for some serious and further developments reference to JF-17 B and FC-31 as well as the WS-13 Engine.

Well strong diplomacy thing will be worthy here in such case but don't see EJ-200 coming to JFT so also it has been discussed in many aspects like firstly it is going to rise the price tag, secondly services after sale to customer would involve another party, thirdly we are expecting WS-13 by Chinese friends which may make us more independent in this case so also PAF seems to satisfied with RD-93 so the chances for EJ-200 are less, IMO.

GE-414 EPE would be interesting to see in the JF-17

but seeing as the GE-414 is being used in the Tejas Mk 2 and the GE-414 EPE will probably power the AMCA India might exert it's influence to stop this from happening.

GE-414 EPE would be interesting to see in the JF-17

but seeing as the GE-414 is being used in the Tejas Mk 2 and the GE-414 EPE will probably power the AMCA India might exert it's influence to stop this from happening.

Well, I am not seeing any US/West engine making it to JFT as per circumstances so more probably, it is going to be Chinese than Russian.

Well, I am not seeing any US/West engine making it to JFT as per circumstances so more probably, it is going to be Chinese than Russian.
let's hope the WS-13 is better than the RD-93 then.

Back
Top Bottom