What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

0AE01752-F0C5-4F5E-A306-CCE8E796B481.jpeg

:meeting:

D158BD49-118C-489B-9649-4D405B2FF2AC.jpeg

I think this AESA for upcoming Project AZM for block-3 Chinese KLJ-7A already confirmed
Not according to ma'am @messiach . She has shared that Block-3 is getting an in-house developed AESA whose source code will be owned by us. In my humble opinion, it may borrow TRM's and some other components from the KLJ-7A, but, I think it will be our design.

Not according to ma'am @messiach . She has shared that Block-3 is getting an in-house developed AESA whose source code will be owned by us. In my humble opinion, it may borrow TRM's and some other components from the KLJ-7A, but, I think it will be our design.
if this is right then its great for Pakistan that we developed our own AESA and Ma'am messiah is one of the most respectable member here on PDF

Why make a radar ready for a project that will materialize in like a decade or so...
Radars, especially AESA is one of the most complex Project for any country especially for Pakistan which have minimal to 0 experience to research and development in radar fields

Radars, especially AESA is one of the most complex Project for any country especially for Pakistan which have minimal to 0 experience to research and development in radar fields
Yes if you are making something from the ground up i.e. all TRM's and components designed & fabricated in house. But before embarking on that challenging venture, a shorter & surer objective first needs to be set and achieved. The Block-3 AESA radar with China's assistance ... maybe initially only for the PAF Thunders.

So this way provides a prospective buyer the following options ...
1) A western route with Grifo-E and western munitions
2) A Chinese route with KLJ-7A and Chinese munitions
3) A Pakistani assembled AESA with capabilities similar to the KLJ-7A and the added liberty to integrate both western and Chinese munition as per requirement.

Also, if you are making something that is going to be completed sometime in the future, you don't display it as one of the products on offer ... as it is apparent from the Dubai Air Show Poster.

You are missing my point, you suggested this specific reader mentioned by ma’am messiach to be used for azm. Azm is far away, PAF intends to make it 5+/6th gen and in the coming decade, we can definitely see something new in the field of radars from USA/China. It’s been quite a while since USA has been using AESA, no doubt, they must be already close to something new. We don’t want to be left behind by using a 2020 radar in a 2030-2035 jet

I think that this radar will be based on Chinese hardware but Pakistani programmed source code which will not just give us liberty to integrate the weapon system of our choice but we can keep on implementing new upgrades on frequent basis. Furthermore, it will also become a basis of project Azm.

Has she worked in aerospace industry?

Back
Top Bottom